Zach Thomas do he need to be replace?? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zach Thomas do he need to be replace??

Replace him with who? Who do we have on our team that can play as well as Zach? No one. That is why Zach is in there. The coaches see all the practices they know who is best at each situation. Zach Thomas is the best option on third down and he gives us the best chance to win.

NJFINSFAN1 said:
A: Zach had great coverage on that, it was just a great throw and catch
B: He should have had help over the top!
C: He is still one of the BEST MLB in the game.
Good point, totally agree.

Zach isn't good in coverage. It wouldn't hurt to put someone else in on third down, passing situations. Problem is, there IS noone to put in.

Why are we talking about a linebacker on a touchdown catch. Where the hell are the safeties? Just because a guy like Zach is always around the play is no reason to call him out on it. Excuse me for the football 101 but aren't there supposed to be a free safety and a strong safety covering the deep ball?

fin1 said:
Why are we talking about a linebacker on a touchdown catch. Where the hell are the safeties? Just because a guy like Zach is always around the play is no reason to call him out on it. Excuse me for the football 101 but aren't there supposed to be a free safety and a strong safety covering the deep ball?

read the thread!

mia4ever said:
if you say so !

maybe someone with tivo could tell us what happen .

I say ZT had the TE but since it was crossing route maybe
but I think I'll stand my ground
it was a blown zone coverage

showstopper said:
zach should be a 1st and 2nd down LB, definitely should not be in on 3rd down. Horrible in coverage, and not very effective on the blitz/pass rush, so why is he out there on 3rd down. Let's face it Zach isn't as good as everyone thinks/hopes he is.

I agree here, I like Zach but on third down - he rarely if ever reaches the quarterback on his blitzes - running backs block him effectively due to his size, and when lineman touch him, he gets blown back...in coverage, he gets burned by taller and faster tight ends and faster running backs--this is what I have seen over the last5, 6, 7, 8+ years.....do you remember the Jets games when their RB or TE's would have huge games against us (Chrebet too).

Bottom line: take ZT out on 3rd downs please, put in an extra Safety or a Corner with Size

I can't believe I just read this entire "STUPID" thread.....Yeah Zach got burned on 1 play!!! lets pull him on the 3rd down...Yep that's why we're 1-2!
Problem solved.Imagine that, a tight end out ran a middle linebacker, WOW!!!
Wait you should start a thread that says TRADE ZACH...MORONS!!!

The defense as a whole played poorly. It looks like they aren't in synch maybe all the guys aren't getting the defensive calls right.

If the Titan receivers wouldn't have dropped so many balls we would have lost that game...

i think we need to stop blitzing so damn much... how many blitzers did you see blasting into the back field and the rb take the hand off to the opposite side and take it into the seconday for 10 years...let our Dline apply pressure.. show blitz back off and let the LBs be LBs.

great throw great catch coupled with the fact zach didnt get his head around. goodman specializes at not getting his head around in coverage as well. its to bad we dont have an option to give zach some help on 3rd downs

showstopper said:
zach should be a 1st and 2nd down LB, definitely should not be in on 3rd down. Horrible in coverage, and not very effective on the blitz/pass rush, so why is he out there on 3rd down. Let's face it Zach isn't as good as everyone thinks/hopes he is.

I can agree with you up to your 2nd sentence. You make valid points. HOWEVER... your completely wrong in discrediting Z.Thomas as a great HOF worthy linebacker. People don't think he's just another run of the mill LB, they know that he's a tough little **** that knows where the ball is and will hog tie you if you decide to carry it. How many times has this guy put his body on the line for this team, crushing RBs on the goal line, preventing TD's?

Zach is a great guy..leader of the team..heart and soul for the team..but he not very good at blitzing

but hey, everyone had mistakes and we had positive plays..but overall, a win is a win

You can't cover over the top that tight when you are covering under/man to man.

Credit the catch, it was awesome.

Umm no, zach didn't have great coverage. he was burnt AND it was a great catch. Still, a little shorter pass it would have been a TD just the same, just an easier one. I agree, it's never been his strong part of his game,a nd it's really showing now. he has to come out on third and more than 7.

Back
Top Bottom