Zach Thomas Draft Commercial | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zach Thomas Draft Commercial

Joey 22

Practice Squad
Reaction score
DonShula84 said:
You dont have to apologize, but if you dont think that when America is attacked, and going to war, that it doesnt have effects on the rest of the world you are lying to yourself.

OK on an mature and civil discussion not a childish attack like the jealous guy, I will respond to you, I know, well we both know this isnt the appropiate place to argue on those matters, but Mods, if you dont like this simply close the thread, the original topic is dead so it wont affect. Now my response is that you are more than correct THE US GOING INTO WAR AFFECTS THE WORLD not the WTC tragedy, if anything or anyone will change the world it will be the US the changes on its policies and the threat of nuking any mideastern country, not a bunch of maniac air pirates. WTC didnt change the world, Bush will, and I say will cause so far it hasnt gone so crazy. Atleast not as much to say he changed the world yet.

SkapePhin said:
Im Brazilian.. We care.

You live in Fort Lauderdale. I bet the the kids in Sao Paulos streets dont, neither the few wealthy who spend day and night partying around in the beach dancing Samba. My sister spent a year in Brazil and I went to visit her and Brazil its far and apart from the hazzles any other country goes thru, they dont even support the MercoSur, they couldnt care less about the US.

FemaleFinFan said:
September 9, 2001. The day my best friend got married. :)
Two days before the world changed.:shakeno:

Unfortunatley this thread ended up about Jealousy and Politics but I would just like to say...I love a woman that knows her football! :D

Joey 22 said:
OK on an mature and civil discussion not a childish attack like the jealous guy, I will respond to you, I know, well we both know this isnt the appropiate place to argue on those matters, but Mods, if you dont like this simply close the thread, the original topic is dead so it wont affect. Now my response is that you are more than correct THE US GOING INTO WAR AFFECTS THE WORLD not the WTC tragedy, if anything or anyone will change the world it will be the US the changes on its policies and the threat of nuking any mideastern country, not a bunch of maniac air pirates. WTC didnt change the world, Bush will, and I say will cause so far it hasnt gone so crazy. Atleast not as much to say he changed the world yet.

I can agree with that, but the thing is the WTC tragedy is what caused the war (atleast the war in Afghanistan, and the war in Iraq wouldnt have happened if 9/11 didnt happen). All these events are related. I also agree that kids in Brazil probably dont care, but I doubt think kids in America care much either. The politicians, and ruling class in every country cared, if for no other reason than it hurt our economy, which hurt there economy and they also knew we would have to go to war.

Marino Forever said:
Zack is the best, wrong forum for politics, ok?

Yep I know its the wrong one thats why I apologized.

DonShula84 said:
I can agree with that, but the thing is the WTC tragedy is what caused the war (atleast the war in Afghanistan, and the war in Iraq wouldnt have happened if 9/11 didnt happen). All these events are related. I also agree that kids in Brazil probably dont care, but I doubt think kids in America care much either. The politicians, and ruling class in every country cared, if for no other reason than it hurt our economy, which hurt there economy and they also knew we would have to go to war.

Actually economically the war and WTC itself, where positive, many industries who where stuck skyrocketed after WTC, even the Realty State which is normally the one who is affected the most by wars actually improved after WTC and during the war. And I actually pointed out Brazil cause their international policies are even more tight than ours, they literally dont care about the rest of the world, Brazil is one of the most independant countries in the world, well besides the communist regimes.

Joey 22 said:
You live in Fort Lauderdale. I bet the the kids in Sao Paulos streets dont, neither the few wealthy who spend day and night partying around in the beach dancing Samba. My sister spent a year in Brazil and I went to visit her and Brazil its far and apart from the hazzles any other country goes thru, they dont even support the MercoSur, they couldnt care less about the US.

I have family in the interior of Brasil, Mina Gerais... I lived in Sao Paulo and Rio as a kid.. My dad lives and works in Manaus currently, I visit him every other summer.

You dont realize Brasil's relationship with the US.. They hate it, but they love it. Brasil emulate's America in terms of pop culture.. Whenever I go there, all the kids there want to know what's "cool" here so they can be the first to bring it to their friends.

9/11 effected pretty much everyone in the world, if for nothing else, the stunning visuals. While the Tsunami is world changing as well, it was a natural disaster. 9/11 was a disaster concocted and perpuatrated by man. With all the mass media coverage, it brought it directly to everyone.. It was shock to everyone, not just Americans..

Although, the harsh realities of life are a bit more present in a place like Brasil, with all the banditos kidnapping and shooting up innocents allover the place, the favelas, the poverty, the sexual exploitation.. 9/11 was still shocking to them... A part of the culture that Brasil thrives on was attacked..

I know Brasil, Ive played with kids on the dirt streets of the interior as a child.. Ive been around when my dad got kidnapped at gunpoint in Sao Paulo for money.. Ive seen the harshness of such places.. But Brasil also has that carefree, loving, energy that is present even in the most poor of places. They see something like 9/11, they still care. Im a little disconnected now, Americanized, desensitized, but I still have that connection.. Please leave us out of your discussion.. thanks.

FireWrongstedt said:
Jealous? I live in the US

Maybe you need to get the f-ck out then.

Dude come on thats what I was afraid of I should have stopped talking right after the first guy jumped on me. I live in the US, Im a resident, was borned here, though neither one of my parents where, my mom was German with Spaniard background, and my dad was Canadian. I have lived in 5 different countries in my lifetime and my family is like that everyone migrates everywhere all the time, and I have learned a lot from many different cultures, and I learned people outside the US borders are also alive and are just as important.

Joey 22 said:
Actually economically the war and WTC itself, where positive, many industries who where stuck skyrocketed after WTC, even the Realty State which is normally the one who is affected the most by wars actually improved after WTC and during the war. And I actually pointed out Brazil cause their international policies are even more tight than ours, they literally dont care about the rest of the world, Brazil is one of the most independant countries in the world, well besides the communist regimes.

You obviously dont realize the vast amounts of American cultural media that Brasil takes in... Movies, Music, Celebriities.. They love it. and as for not caring about the rest of the world.. you are wrong..

My father works in the cargo industry.. Manaus is basically the hub of imports and exports.. There is so much industry there.. Lumber, Techonology, Coffee, Sugar, Fish, Cellphones.. Brasil depends heavily on relations with other countries..

Back
Top Bottom