Zach Thomas for LB Coach? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zach Thomas for LB Coach?

MiZFiT

Club Member
Reaction score
I think that would be awesome. not only are our LB's trash but the blitz packages and how they apply pressure has to fall on the coaches shoulders too. Bring in Zach to teach 'em how its done.

Yea. All of Zach's experience in a 3-4 defense would come in quite useful. :rolleyes2:

Coach? Right now I would start him with the way Channing is playing!

Yea. All of Zach's experience in a 3-4 defense would come in quite useful. :rolleyes2:

touche.

there is nothing else to say to that. well zach can be assist LB coach and just teach the idiotic LB core how to tackle and take pursuit angles.

touche.

there is nothing else to say to that. well zach can be assist LB coach and just teach the idiotic LB core how to tackle and take pursuit angles.

That's stuff they should've learned in High School. Someone needs to teach them what the hell Pasqualoni is trying to do.

To me it just seems everyone is on a different page.

Oh come on. Are you going to tell me that ZT can't grasp a 3-4 D?

Just 'cause you can't play a certain system doesn't mean you can't coach it.
Monte Kiffin never played a down in the NFL, but yet he's pretty good, no?

I think he'd do just fine, but we are forgetting something, aren't we?

Do we know for a fact that ZT wants to coach?

I don't know. He didn't seem to teach Crowder anything...

I made E-6 in the Army in signifigantly below the time alloted, and was a pretty good Non Comissioned officer that had many of my soldiers go on to do great things. I have three of my soldiers who are presently First Sergeants and one who is going to be an SGM when the glut clears out.

Yet, I have soldiers that I had to put out of the Army because I couldn't teach to them the importance of showing up to duty on time and sober, and how not to beat their wives.

Some people have a limit on what they can be taught by even the best teacher

It would, inasmuch as Zach once credited Saban's base 3-4 hybrid with extending his career.

But position coaches focus more on fundamentals rather than schematics, so yes, Zach's experience as a linebacker would serve him well in that role. Personally, I'd like Zach to sign on as an assistant coach in some capacity simply because he made a career of analyzing film, and I get the feeling that some of our players could use a little help in that area.

Crowder really never accepted help from Zach. He may have never said it but his play on the field, his attitude and overall behavior pretty much shows that. Zach was a guy just like Manning, studying non stop preparing for the next week. And people would always talk about his work ethic each week during the game. You don't hear about that from Crowder, all you hear about him is who he 'dissed' next. Like that crap matters in football!

Lets bring in the worst blitzing linebacker in history, to teach our Lb's to blitz, good call.

How do you teach instincts and guts? If they don't have it naturally, they never will. No amount of coaching can fix that problem. Zach was gifted with superior instincts to be in the right place every time. I don't know that he could teach it.

Crowder really never accepted help from Zach. He may have never said it but his play on the field, his attitude and overall behavior pretty much shows that. Zach was a guy just like Manning, studying non stop preparing for the next week. And people would always talk about his work ethic each week during the game. You don't hear about that from Crowder, all you hear about him is who he 'dissed' next. Like that crap matters in football!

Respectfully, I think that you are 100% wrong. My understanding is that Channing Crowder gives great credit to Zach for teaching him a lot about the game - particularly game preparation, analysis of competitors. Zach's natual instincts were among the best in the game and Crowder greatly admired this.
Because Crowder is a very funny guy, some fans tend to dismiss his knowledge. The reality is that the funny uncouth persona masks a guy with a high football IQ. I am far more concerned about his physical limitations, eg lack of speed, arthritic knees, etc than his work ethic.

How do you teach instincts and guts? If they don't have it naturally, they never will. No amount of coaching can fix that problem. Zach was gifted with superior instincts to be in the right place every time. I don't know that he could teach it.

He was also a film room rat. His "instincts" were largely the result of intense preparation.

Back
Top Bottom