Zach Thomas for LB Coach? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zach Thomas for LB Coach?

Respectfully, I think that you are 100% wrong. My understanding is that Channing Crowder gives great credit to Zach for teaching him a lot about the game - particularly game preparation, analysis of competitors. Zach's natual instincts were among the best in the game and Crowder greatly admired this.
Because Crowder is a very funny guy, some fans tend to dismiss his knowledge. The reality is that the funny uncouth persona masks a guy with a high football IQ. I am far more concerned about his physical limitations, eg lack of speed, arthritic knees, etc than his work ethic.

If he greatly credits Zach Thomas then he is embarrassing the guy. Because he sure doesn't show it. And since when was Channing known as "funny"?

Lets bring in the worst blitzing linebacker in history, to teach our Lb's to blitz, good call.
You do understand that all LBs do not blitz on every play in the 3-4, right?

There is more to playing the position than blitzing. Also, the game is full of coaches that are among the best at what they do that never even set foot on an NFL field, like Monte Kiffin, for instance.

The logic progression behind you post is seriously flawed.

If he greatly credits Zach Thomas then he is embarrassing the guy. Because he sure doesn't show it. And since when was Channing known as "funny"?

He's funny to people that are Gators fans, or think every joke cracked by a Dolphins player is the absolute funniest thing they've heard in their lives. CC jokes around a lot, but that doesn't make him funny.

Comparing their careers;

Channing
302 Tackles
0int
2.5 sacks
3 forced fumbles
6 games missed for injury
ZERO Probowls
Zach
5.5 Sacks
364 tackles
7 forced fumbles
8 int
0 games missed for injury
2 Probowls 1 First team All-Pro

Zach was the 154th pick in the 5th round. Channing was the 70th in the third. Obviously Zach is a waaaaaaaaaay better MLB he plays with hear, intensity and preparation. Channing is just out there running around collecting a check! Why are we even comparing them????

Comparing their careers;

Channing
302 Tackles
0int
2.5 sacks
3 forced fumbles
ZERO Probowls
Zach
5.5 Sacks
364 tackles
7 forced fumbles
8 int

Zach was the 154th pick in the 5th round. Channing was the 70th in the third. Obviously Zach is a waaaaaaaaaay better MLB he plays with hear, intensity and preparation. Channing is just out there running around collecting a check! Why are we even comparing them????

You're the first one to compare them so far. Are you sure you're in the right thread?

Comparing their careers;

Channing
302 Tackles
0int
2.5 sacks
3 forced fumbles
ZERO Probowls
Zach
5.5 Sacks
364 tackles
7 forced fumbles
8 int

Where do you get 364 tackles for Zach? He had 1076 (678 solo), and that doesn't even count the 5 years that they didn't keep the stat.

He also had 20.5 sacks, 9 FF, and 4 TDs, 17 INTs, and 30 PD's.

Are you just looking at Zachs first years? Because those numbers might be for 3 of Zach's....

Where do you get 364 tackles for Zach? He had 1076 (678 solo), and that doesn't even count the 5 years that they didn't keep the stat.

He also had 20.5 sacks, 9 FF, and 4 TDs, 17 INTs, and 30 PD's.

Are you just looking at Zachs first years? Because those numbers might be for 3 of Zach's....

Yes I did Zachs first 4yrs and change compared to Channings first 4 yrs and change.

You're the first one to compare them so far. Are you sure you're in the right thread?

Sorry I got amped up after reading the post referring to Zach as the worst blitzing LB's in history. Zach was always in the hole making tackles in the back field and disrupting the play. Channing just blows I get so sick of seeing him make a tackle on the wrong side of the first down marker then celebrating it!

Respectfully, I think that you are 100% wrong. My understanding is that Channing Crowder gives great credit to Zach for teaching him a lot about the game - particularly game preparation, analysis of competitors. Zach's natual instincts were among the best in the game and Crowder greatly admired this.
Because Crowder is a very funny guy, some fans tend to dismiss his knowledge. The reality is that the funny uncouth persona masks a guy with a high football IQ. I am far more concerned about his physical limitations, eg lack of speed, arthritic knees, etc than his work ethic.
Nah. Crowder was notorious for saying things when Zach was here along the lines that he was glad ZT was doing all the film work and preparation cause he couldn't stand doing it. The greatness of Zach's "natural instincts" was his ability to realize how important the work he put in was and the necessity of preparation. I think Crowder's funny persona does mask a clever guy, but nothing he's ever shown on the field suggests a player possessed of a high football IQ.

Yes I did Zachs first 4yrs and change compared to Channings first 4 yrs and change.

The other thing that stats don't take into account is that Zach didn't play on 3rd downs for his first few years. That dork Johnson would pull him on 3rd downs because he didn't think Zach covered well enough. So, Zachs stats should have been even better...

Lets bring in the worst blitzing linebacker in history, to teach our Lb's to blitz, good call.

:rolleyes2: The worst?.... Really? Or could it be that he rarely blitzed, but when he did he was some what successful.

:rolleyes2: The worst?.... Really? Or could it be that he rarely blitzed, but when he did he was some what successful.
He did many good things, blitzing wasn't one of them.

Back
Top Bottom