Zach Thomas gave up on a play? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zach Thomas gave up on a play?

Todd347347

Practice Squad
Reaction score
maybe this has been posted, but did anyone else see zach thomas not running hard and giving up on a play? There was a decent pass up the sideline, the camera pulled back and showed zach "running" after the guy with the ball(either TE or WR), the recevier cuts back and zach all of a sudden thinks realizes he can still make a play and starts running hard after the guy. I thought I would never see this day, but I have and will never forget it.

I would not say he was " giving up" on the play. When you have a foot race between the TE and a LB, your going to see the TE win 9 out of 10 times.
Also Zack was looking for Safety help on that play at the top of the route !

i saw this...i was going to post it.

yeah he gave up on that play...he was jogging...i hope that nick sees this and lets him have it.

z.t. imo has been awful this season. he can't blitz at all when they send him...and he looks slow.

go fins!!!

REAL DEAL said:
I would not say he was " giving up" on the play. When you have a foot race between the TE and a LB, your going to see the TE win 9 out of 10 times.
Also Zack was looking for Safety help on that play at the top of the route !

that isn't the play he's talking about...not the TD.

I thought players were taught to never give up on a play for ANY reason?

I guess fans allow favoritism to let some things slide.

i saw mcmike give up on a couple of routes, either cut it off early or stop and watch the rest of the play develop. routes might be a miscommunication, but stopping and watching is garbage

I love zach, always has and will be one of my fav athletes. as much as it pains me to say it, i dont feel he has been as effective this season. he is usually in on every tackle, and even if he doesnt make huge plays, hel always be somehewhere getting involved in a positive way...i just havnt seen that this season, he had that pick yesterday but that was a bad pass from kerry collins, zach seems like hes giving it 98% instead of 100 but I cant blame him, hes been through much dissapointment with this team and maybe its his hopes that are running out of gas

Not a chance

Saban2005 said:
maybe this has been posted, but did anyone else see zach thomas not running hard and giving up on a play? There was a decent pass up the sideline, the camera pulled back and showed zach "running" after the guy with the ball(either TE or WR), the recevier cuts back and zach all of a sudden thinks realizes he can still make a play and starts running hard after the guy. I thought I would never see this day, but I have and will never forget it.

Zach knew he was beat, bottom line. Its very hard for a Linebacker to guard a reciever especially with the speed difference. He should have had help from our pourous secondary. But as usual they were out of position. Zach has always had the most heart on this team. Although Wes Welker has risen to the top of that list with Zach still a very close second if not even. He might be getting old but he still had the most Tackles on the day and plays hard every play.

finfanoh said:
Zach knew he was beat, bottom line. Its very hard for a Linebacker to guard a reciever especially with the speed difference. He should have had help from our pourous secondary. But as usual they were out of position. Zach has always had the most heart on this team. Although Wes Welker has risen to the top of that list with Zach still a very close second if not even. He might be getting old but he still had the most Tackles on the day and plays hard every play.

1. Yes it is hard, but is that any reason to give up?
2. nobody is saying he gave up the pass, it was the secondary who gave it up, but he clearly was not giving it his all.
3. you say he plays hard every play, see thread topic.

Saban2005 said:

Yes.I definitely saw that also. I was thinking at the time its the first time I EVER saw Zach give up on a play. I didnt think he was actually going to catch the receiver and make the tackle anyway but to give up and slow down is just not Zach`s style. No defensive player should ever give up when chasing a receiver. Even if theres no chance on making a tackle fumbles do happen and the more defensive players around at the time the more chance of recovering it. Its not rocket science just basic football 101.

Saban2005 said:

I swear you people have taken this idiocy to a new level. Zach Thomas is the least of the problems we have on this team. We have no continuity on our offensive line. We have no cohesiveness in our secondary. Our "first rounder" has yet to earn a paycheck and yet we still only give up 10 points. If not for Willie Mays catch that the third stringer makes then they only give up three. I will take or defense giving up only 10 points all year. (that would equal the 85 bears and 02 ravens) Cpep looks like hes given up on every snap. Quit expecting Zach to play the free or strong safety position and rip the people that deserve it.

Zach Thomas is one of the great white hopes. I would like to see anybody else go and give 100% every single play. It's easy for us to sit back and rip on players when you have a TEAM that is struggling from week to week. We squeeked a win by a ****ty team called the Titans. Let's hope when we play the Texans that we don't just win by a hair.

fin1 said:
I swear you people have taken this idiocy to a new level. Zach Thomas is the least of the problems we have on this team. We have no continuity on our offensive line. We have no cohesiveness in our secondary. Our "first rounder" has yet to earn a paycheck and yet we still only give up 10 points. If not for Willie Mays catch that the third stringer makes then they only give up three. I will take or defense giving up only 10 points all year. (that would equal the 85 bears and 02 ravens) Cpep looks like hes given up on every snap. Quit expecting Zach to play the free or strong safety position and rip the people that deserve it.

He asked a question regarding a particular play and we responded to it. Nobody said Zach is the reason we`re struggling. This is a football forum.Threads are started and replies are written.

Back
Top Bottom