Zach Thomas in the 3-4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zach Thomas in the 3-4

dolfan3033

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
I know we haven't seen much of the schemes in preseason, but I have been hearing via the TV that Zach is adapting well to the 3-4. He is enjoying being more involved in blitzing as we saw against Jacksonville..

Any thoughts?

I think the people who thought Zach would suck because of the impression(For whatever reason) that linebackers need to take on linemen more often in the 3-4... Which isnt true. The scheme puts more big bodies between him and the O-line. One of them may stunt every once and a while, but he'll still have the same two-gap run defenders infront of him.

What has really impressed me about Zach was his blitzing. I figured he was going to pretty much play shallow zones while the other linebackers blitzed, and that if he was asked to do anything more then a rare delayed blitz he would get gummed up in the center.

But no... Every time he blitzes, he gets good penetration. He doesnt allow the man blocking him to anchor, and he keeps moving upfield.

He has done well....and watching him being interviewed and asked about it, you could see the excitement in him about it. I remember watching him play at new england 3 yrs ago and you could watch him yell at the sideline and how pissed he was as the pats keep picking them apart. Much more of an attacking defense this year, things ought to be good...

i would imagine himbeing excited about being able to be more active in blitzing, hes fast and loves to hit hard and boy could he take out a qb anyday if he wanted, im getting excited just talking about it:D

I wouldnt be suprised if Seau does well in this scheme 2 he is a blitzer, and since we will use Zach on blitzes. This scheme will kick ***.

he had half a sack i think against the jags and 4 tackles 2 assists. Not bad at all.

Zach is a FOOTBALL PLAYER. He would prosper in any scheme. Zach will be the next hall of famer for the Dolphins.

I watched the first half of the Jags game and zach snuck right up the middle and got to leftwich. What was funny was the fact it almost seemed like emitt smith shifting and moving behind the Big OLine for the Boys back in the day. Little Zach came smoking up the middle weaving his way and everybody had their eyes on big boy Keith Traylor, and how can you blame them staring at 'double wide'.

It was fun to watch.

I actually brought up the topic about the 3-4 last year when we had allot of linebacks and most people said Zach was to small to play the middle linebacker in the scheme so I am excited to see if Zach can prove them wrong :p. I hope he does more the dolphins sake than mine.

Back
Top Bottom