Zach Thomas Is RESPECTED! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zach Thomas Is RESPECTED!

OneMeanFish

"All eyez on me"
Reaction score
I have been reading many threads about Zach Thomas and the lack or i should say zero respect and notice he gets in the NFL! Yes Zach is very under ranked and always over looked because of R.Lewis and B.Urlacher....Ya know what though all of us fin fans respect him and love what hes been doing for or team. He shuts his mouth and does exactly what coach says and does it better than any one else at the MLB spot in the NFL! a few things I've read in the megazine despite injury and fatigue ya can always count on #54 to make the BIG PLAYS! to get his team back in a game and get the momentum pumping through the D! I remember Two seasones ago Zach laid out Priest Holmes in the KC game i mean rocked his world he didnt celebrate or dance around like hes tough **** he helped Priest up and hussled back to the huddle.Preist said "the NFL is like a game of chess, and I would have to say Zach Thomas is a knight ya never see him coming and before ya know it your layen on your back." So ya gotta understand alot of players respect the talent of Zach and all of us do as well so who cares what these ESPN, NFL LIVE, and other people think of Zach because we know as fin fans hes greatly appreciated and respected for all the heart he gives to this great game!

Alright another Fin Fan from Washington, what's up my fellow Washington brother?

As for Zach, I think he is one of the best defensive players in the game and deserves respect from everyone.

OneMeanFish said:
I have been reading many threads about Zach Thomas and the lack or i should say zero respect and notice he gets in the NFL! Yes Zach is very under ranked and always over looked because of R.Lewis and B.Urlacher....Ya know what though all of us fin fans respect him and love what hes been doing for or team. He shuts his mouth and does exactly what coach says and does it better than any one else at the MLB spot in the NFL! a few things I've read in the megazine despite injury and fatigue ya can always count on #54 to make the BIG PLAYS! to get his team back in a game and get the momentum pumping through the D! I remember Two seasones ago Zach laid out Priest Holmes in the KC game i mean rocked his world he didnt celebrate or dance around like hes tough **** he helped Priest up and hussled back to the huddle.Preist said "the NFL is like a game of chess, and I would have to say Zach Thomas is a knight ya never see him coming and before ya know it your layen on your back." So ya gotta understand alot of players respect the talent of Zach and all of us do as well so who cares what these ESPN, NFL LIVE, and other people think of Zach because we know as fin fans hes greatly appreciated and respected for all the heart he gives to this great game!

Zach is not appreciated around the league because he was not a high draft choice coming out of college. Unlike a Ray Lewis/Brian Urlacher. No matter how you slice it, he will always be behind those types of players. Bottom line, Zach is respected by his peers and his rivals. He plays the game the way it was meant to be played and WILL be in the hall of fame as soon as his career is over.

He is my favorite player!!! He doesn't have the talent that Ray Lewis or Urlacher has, but he has and incredible work ethic and more heart than anyone else in the league! That's what separates him from the rest of the LBs in the NFL.

SabanEra84 said:
Zach is not appreciated around the league because he was not a high draft choice coming out of college. Unlike a Ray Lewis/Brian Urlacher. No matter how you slice it, he will always be behind those types of players. Bottom line, Zach is respected by his peers and his rivals. He plays the game the way it was meant to be played and WILL be in the hall of fame as soon as his career is over.

I disagree. It has nothing to do with his draft position. He is respected by most people, I don't know why all of you guys think "Oh, ESPN hates us" and "They just hate us [The Dolphins]". Then when the Dolphins are ranked high in a Power Ranking, everyones like "Finally some respect". :rolleyes:

(Excuse me if they is difficult to understand, I'm in a hurry)

OneMeanFish said:

You have to love Zach. He is my favorite Dolphins defender of all time (A.J. Duhe is a close second). The guy is relentless, a vicious hitter, really good in coverage and a bonafide playmaker.

MarinoNotElway said:
He is my favorite player!!! He doesn't have the talent that Ray Lewis or Urlacher has, but he has and incredible work ethic and more heart than anyone else in the league! That's what separates him from the rest of the LBs in the NFL.

I disagree about the talent portion of your statement. Zach Thomas is every bit as talented as Ray Lewis or Urlacher. He doesn't have their measurables (i.e. size and speed), but he plays bigger and faster than he is.

Brees9 said:
I disagree. It has nothing to do with his draft position. He is respected by most people, I don't know why all of you guys think "Oh, ESPN hates us" and "They just hate us [The Dolphins]". Then when the Dolphins are ranked high in a Power Ranking, everyones like "Finally some respect". :rolleyes:

(Excuse me if they is difficult to understand, I'm in a hurry)

i just feel that players that were 1st rounders will always have more tv time than guys who weren't. more expectations. zach exceeded them

thats so true that if he had the size that ray lewis/brian urlacher have and the high pick in the draft he would be ranked higher than those guys. i wouldnt trade him for any mlb in the game either brian or ray! i did a little research on the matter.......
Since 2000 season stats
Ray Lewis 708tackles,10sacks,14int
Brian Urlacher 698tackles,32.5sacks,7int
Zach Thomas 864tackles,10sacks,8int
so after further review zach is the nastiest tackler in the game! but brian led the charge in amazing 32.5 sacks. and ray led in int's his speed and hands there. they are comparable but my man is zach with those tackle numbers. the sacks would be higher but he isnt given as many opurtunity's as brian with our d-line (taylor) and etc. being able to get sacks and preasure the qb. sorry for this being so long but ZACH IS THE MAN!!!!!!!!!

SabanEra84 said:
i just feel that players that were 1st rounders will always have more tv time than guys who weren't. more expectations. zach exceeded them

I absoltely hate to use this guy in an argument, but, Tom Brady was taken in the 6th round. :(

It's not that he's not respected by the players, it's he doesn't get the coverage from the media. Once he hits you i'm sure u'll have his respect as a player lol

Tim Ryan talked alot about Zach today on Sirius Radio Moving the chains. Both he and Jim Miller were both very complimentary on Zach.

zack thomas was number two in fantasy football last year for defensive players, right behind john vilma.

OneMeanFish said:

NO respect..???? Hasn't Zach been invited to the last 5 Pro Bowls?:shakeno:

Back
Top Bottom