Zach Thomas Is RESPECTED! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zach Thomas Is RESPECTED!

OneMeanFish said:
I have been reading many threads about Zach Thomas and the lack or i should say zero respect and notice he gets in the NFL! Yes Zach is very under ranked and always over looked because of R.Lewis and B.Urlacher....Ya know what though all of us fin fans respect him and love what hes been doing for or team. He shuts his mouth and does exactly what coach says and does it better than any one else at the MLB spot in the NFL! a few things I've read in the megazine despite injury and fatigue ya can always count on #54 to make the BIG PLAYS! to get his team back in a game and get the momentum pumping through the D! I remember Two seasones ago Zach laid out Priest Holmes in the KC game i mean rocked his world he didnt celebrate or dance around like hes tough **** he helped Priest up and hussled back to the huddle.Preist said "the NFL is like a game of chess, and I would have to say Zach Thomas is a knight ya never see him coming and before ya know it your layen on your back." So ya gotta understand alot of players respect the talent of Zach and all of us do as well so who cares what these ESPN, NFL LIVE, and other people think of Zach because we know as fin fans hes greatly appreciated and respected for all the heart he gives to this great game!

Because Zach isn't talked about by media as the best ever, many think he doesn't get enough respect...however, anyone who knows football has a ton of respect for his work, as you stated. The thing is, if we get to and/or win a SB with ZT, he'll get 100-fold more respect by the media types...he's one of those players, that when you watch him play, you are awed, when you look at his stats...you are awed, but he's not a household name (except among Fins fans) because he's not brash, flashy, or a trouble-maker off the field...he's never been tried for murder, but ask any offensive player on the other 31 teams, and they know exactly who he is...

SabanEra84 said:
Zach is not appreciated around the league because he was not a high draft choice coming out of college. Unlike a Ray Lewis/Brian Urlacher. No matter how you slice it, he will always be behind those types of players. Bottom line, Zach is respected by his peers and his rivals. He plays the game the way it was meant to be played and WILL be in the hall of fame as soon as his career is over.

:yeahthat:

OneMeanFish said:
I have been reading many threads about Zach Thomas and the lack or i should say zero respect and notice he gets in the NFL! Yes Zach is very under ranked and always over looked because of R.Lewis and B.Urlacher....Ya know what though all of us fin fans respect him and love what hes been doing for or team. He shuts his mouth and does exactly what coach says and does it better than any one else at the MLB spot in the NFL! a few things I've read in the megazine despite injury and fatigue ya can always count on #54 to make the BIG PLAYS! to get his team back in a game and get the momentum pumping through the D! I remember Two seasones ago Zach laid out Priest Holmes in the KC game i mean rocked his world he didnt celebrate or dance around like hes tough **** he helped Priest up and hussled back to the huddle.Preist said "the NFL is like a game of chess, and I would have to say Zach Thomas is a knight ya never see him coming and before ya know it your layen on your back." So ya gotta understand alot of players respect the talent of Zach and all of us do as well so who cares what these ESPN, NFL LIVE, and other people think of Zach because we know as fin fans hes greatly appreciated and respected for all the heart he gives to this great game!

A.J. Hawk, the 2006 #5 overall draft pick for the Packers, has had respect for Zach Thomas for a long time. He went on ESPN before the draft and said a lot of good things about Zach. It must have made Zach feel pretty good to hear this coming from a guy like Hawk who they say is one of the best linebackers to come along in years.

"Fickell, who graduated from Ohio State in 1997, was a four-year starter at nose tackle for the Buckeyes. Hawk also said he studied and admired the play of Miami Dolphins' linebacker Zach Thomas."

"I think someone who really helped me a lot, my junior and senior year, I got a new linebackers coach. His name is Luke Fickell," Hawk said. "He played at Ohio State, and he just did wonders for me. I felt so much more comfortable in games with him because of what he taught me: how to play with my hands, how to keep blockers off me, stuff like that.

"I think the guy I kind of look up to as a linebacker is a guy like Zach Thomas. I really respect his play and I'm nowhere near him, so I wouldn't say I emulate him, but I just respect him. I've watched him on film a lot to see what I can do and he makes so many plays that he shouldn't, that really amazes me how he plays."

"The Packers are certainly hoping Hawk will be as productive as Thomas, who has been named to six Pro Bowls during a 10-year career with the Dolphins."

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=420370

The Zach attack is the man. He's respected by alot of people but the one thing is until we start winning some playoff games nobody is going to give us any props.

Aqua4Ever04 said:
I absoltely hate to use this guy in an argument, but, Tom Brady was taken in the 6th round. :(

If you didn't say it, I was going to. Draft position has nothing to do with the respect you get in the league, its all about what you do after day 1 that matters.

SabanEra84 said:
Zach is not appreciated around the league because he was not a high draft choice coming out of college. Unlike a Ray Lewis/Brian Urlacher. No matter how you slice it, he will always be behind those types of players. Bottom line, Zach is respected by his peers and his rivals. He plays the game the way it was meant to be played and WILL be in the hall of fame as soon as his career is over.

I'll tell who was on his behind and that's Urlacher last year when the bus pulled a Bo jackson meets Brian Bosworth in the endzone on him and all of us here knows what happened when the bus tried to come into Zach's territory, nuff said.

You know, me and my buddy were going back and fourth last night about who's better...Zack Or R. Lewis. and if you look at the stats, they're pretty similar except that Zack has more career tackles. He also has 6 probowls. Ray's got AFC Defensive Player of the Year twice. Basically, they're BOTH Hall of Famers. Pretty even looking numbers.

Zack DOES have Respect around the league. But yes, Zack doesn't get too much pub except for when it's game time. When the game starts it's IMPOSSIBLE for these announcers to ignore him cause he's always making plays.

Zach gets plenty of respect. "A true proffesional does not need his ego massaged". Zach is a class act with all the talent and ability to play his positon and Ray Lewis is a classless criminal.

endorPHINS72 said:
I disagree about the talent portion of your statement. Zach Thomas is every bit as talented as Ray Lewis or Urlacher. He doesn't have their measurables (i.e. size and speed), but he plays bigger and faster than he is.

Couldn't have said it better myself...That's right on the money dude. :dolphins:

Zach is a good player there is no doubt. He works just as hard or harder than anyone in football. But teams in the past have taken advantage of him in the passing game (scheme was so simple he was easy to isolate... now not so much) and quite frankly the people here who say he is a big hitter need to be examined. It seemed like every year in the second half of the season it was pony riding season. Zach went on alot of rides :) And now for the people who said he doesn't get respect because he wasn't drafted high? Nothing but lame excuses! Does Tom Brady get respect? Did Terrell Davis get respect? Both drafted a round later than zach. Don't get me wrong, zach is one of my favorite players if not my favorite player (especially in the past) but he is what he is. If only he had some more athletic ability and physical measurables he could have been one of the greatest linebackers to play the game, but the truth is he doesn't.

I believe he is going to be a future hall of famer at this point and a couple more years. That is all the respect one can ask for.

He has been my favorite player for a long time now and i dont see him slowing down. I think his motor wont stop untill injurys end his career. Very respectable

MDFinFan06 said:
I believe he is going to be a future hall of famer at this point and a couple more years. That is all the respect one can ask for.

Where are you in MD O6? I'm in Accokeek, right outside of DC.

Back
Top Bottom