Zach's Play | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zach's Play

ForksPhin

Scout Team
Club Member
Reaction score
I, like every other Dolphins fans, have been a huge Zach Thomas fan. Regardless, anyone who watched the game today saw what I would consider the worst game of Zach's career. He did not make one key tackle in the entire game. I laughed so many times listening to Gus Johnson and Steve Tasker try to convince people watching the game that Zach was making tackles. In most instances, this entailed Zach Thomas piling on after the tackle had been made by another defender.

Each and every time Zach blitzed, he was blown up by a Texans RB. He was completely run over by Ron Dayne on a short run in the second half. His coverage skills have completely deteriorated. I don't care what his tackle totals say...making the majority of your tackles 5 and 10 yards downfield is not important. Take away Zach as a playmaker, and the Dolphins LB corps is completely disgraceful. Donnie Spragan is basically taking up space. Channing Crowder has done nothing but miss tackles all season.

I also think it might be time to end the Jason Taylor LB/DL experiment. He is getting near the QB significantly less than in past years due to his dropping into coverage. On one play on the Texans' drive before the Dolphins got the ball back for their TD drive, Taylor had the primary coverage on Eric Moulds. Ridiculous. Of course, Mould caught a 15-yard pass.

mark this down zach and jason will not be here next year, too much money and not consistant production, they will be playing elsewere

nolefin said:
mark this down zach and jason will not be here next year, too much money and not consistant production, they will be playing elsewere

And that thought is scary. We need a big draft this year to replace them.

nolefin said:

Marked...

Zach Thomas?

wow, he looks just plain bad. He can't cover anyone, he can't blitz but yet he doesn't come out on obvious passing downs(especially 3rd down). I know we really don't have anyone to replace him, I am not suggesting that but next year that position needs to be addressed early in the draft. Did anyone see him get a full run at dayne without being blocked at all and dayne ran thru him so easily? My guess is he was expecting help from the safety.

Jason Taylor has made some plays, zach thomas has not they should not be grouped together like this. While Jason gets hurt every other play at least he has made some, zach however looks over matched on almost every play. Being small and slow and now old just isn't a good enough.

Saban2005 said:
wow, he looks just plain bad. He can't cover anyone, he can't blitz but yet he doesn't come out on obvious passing downs(especially 3rd down). I know we really don't have anyone to replace him, I am not suggesting that but next year that position needs to be addressed early in the draft. Did anyone see him get a full run at dayne without being blocked at all and dayne ran thru him so easily? My guess is he was expecting help from the safety.

That could happen to anyone Dayne's a big kid.

What about the CB an S they just plain Suck

That's the problem I have no confident in our D on 3rd Down

305 what's up !! Kid

305TillIDie said:
i agree with you on Zach blitzing..its horrible

last time i knew he only had like 16 career sacks, and ur just noticeing this now, he did have a good game tho tackle wise

problems go deeper than Zach. We will go LB in the draft next season imo but at the moment we aint scoring enough points and thats not on the D.

FanMarino said:
problems go deeper than Zach. We will go LB in the draft next season imo but at the moment we aint scoring enough points and thats not on the D.

I agree. Our defense is only giving up an average of 17 points a game. Our O is not getting touch downs when they reach the red zone.

JT and Zach will be back next year. Mark that.

Zach played ok today. I saw him get run over once, and his attempt at a blitz failed miserably one time. But I did see him in on a few big stops. The Texans didn't do much in their running game against the Dolphins. In fact, Miami has been pretty good so far this season against the run. Zach gets some credit for that.

everyone keeps talking about zach gettin run over by dayne but if im thinking of the same play zach did bring him down despite being ran over.

Back
Top Bottom