Zack a team guy and fan advocate to the end? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zack a team guy and fan advocate to the end?

FinKage34

Starter
Reaction score
Is it totally naive to think that Zack decided against going to the Pats out of repect for our team and us as fans that have supported him for 12 years?

I mean, his BEST shot at heading to a SB before he is done was with N.E. and NOT the Cowboys.

I guess I would just like to believe he made his decision with us (the fans) in mind. I know that is idealistic, but that is how I want to remember him.

-j

I dont know, maybe Zach thought he fit the Cowboys D better.
The Cowboys are definately a contender though.
Maybe he didnt want to get involved with the whole Spygate controversy.

I don't necessarily agree with that.

I think the cowboys will be in the superbowl next year, barring something totally out of there control.

they will more than likely end up with home field advantage, and have less playoff games to play.

Zach is from texas, and I just have this feeling, this is all gonna work out in some weird *** way for him.

thank god he didn't go to the pats though, that would've been a tough pill to swallow.

I think it was more the fact that he got to play at home than not going to NE because it would upset a few fans.

I don't think he didn't go to the Pats just because of the rivalry.

Like it's been said, he's from Texas and the Cowboys are contenders so it's a good fit. Also, I wonder if this spy gate crap had anything to do with his decision.

New England only has one way to go and that is down. Dallas is in a really weak NFC, they could easily be a contender for years.

Is it totally naive to think that Zack decided against going to the Pats out of repect for our team and us as fans that have supported him for 12 years?

I mean, his BEST shot at heading to a SB before he is done was with N.E. and NOT the Cowboys.
I guess I would just like to believe he made his decision with us (the fans) in mind. I know that is idealistic, but that is how I want to remember him.

-j

What exactly is that statement based on?

Put the 2 rosters side by side and you could develop a good argument that the Cowboys are Zach and a CB away from being the top contender in the league.

I thought all along he'd end up with Dallas personally.
It made the most sense as he's from Texas, probably loved the Cowboys as a kid, it's a homecoming and they give him every bit of a chance if not more of a chance to win a championship than the Pasties do.

Did being a Dolphin and not wanting to go to what should be a hated division rival have something to do with his decision? I'd like to think so and it may very well have BUT IMO the main reasons are stated above.

I highly doubt Zach cared what we thought about where he played. I also don't think his loyalty to the Dolphins played much into it. The guy was cut and he still wants to play. I'm sure money and the fact that he got to go home and play for a good team had much more to do with it.

no......he wanted to play close to home in Texas. That's all it was

-j

I wouldn't be surprised. Sam Madison is on record as saying he delibrately signed with a team in the NFC because he "has so much love for the Dolphins" and didn't want to compete against them. Seems like that worked out for him in New York :D

I wouldn't be surprised. Sam Madison is on record as saying he delibrately signed with a team in the NFC because he "has so much love for the Dolphins" and didn't want to compete against them. Seems like that worked out for him in New York :D

Thomas also visited with the New England Patriots and New Orleans Saints. All three teams offered similar deals, but Thomas wanted to play in Texas. "It was a huge factor, a gigantic factor," Rosenhaus said. "At the end, it was the difference. It's a great opportunity for him."

ok i know im getting WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYY ahead of myself here. But imagine if we play the boys in the superbowl and we win.... wow that would be soo weird

i personally think&believe that Zach feels a good decent amount of loyalty towards the Dolphins organization and to us fans,so i feel that partially played into his decision to sign with Dallas,but,they are a SB contender and he is from Texas,so i think him going home is really why he signed with them,just my opinion though.

I hope that's part of the reason but he's from Texas and I read somewhere that his family were diehard cowboy fans so I think that might be more of the reason of why he went there.

Zach has always said he's a "Dolphin for life", and while loyalty may not have had that much of a factor, I'm ALMOST sure that he himself breathed a sigh of relief that the Cowboys did enter into the equation and make a contract offer. I would like to believe that while NE did offer the contract, he didn't sign immediately because he was hoping for an offer from a contending team other than the Patsies, knowing the rivalry. I think he would have eventually signed with NE if no other offer was made. That's just the type of person he is, how he was brought up, and how his life values are.

Back
Top Bottom