Zack Martin Better Than Last Year's Top Two Picks? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zack Martin Better Than Last Year's Top Two Picks?

For me that would be a dream 2 rounds for this team. I am a advocate of inside out football, and getting two starting caliber players for this line....leaves no excuses for anyone, including Tannehill.
No way can we be lucky enough to get both. If we got either one, it would be absolutely terrific.

Pretty simple to me, If Martin is gone we draft these 2 players in round1/2

OG Xavier Su'a-Filo
OT Cyrus Kouandjio

If Martin is there we draft:
OT Zack Martin
OG Gabe Jackson

If there is any way to get BOTH Martin and Su'a-Filo, we are set.

Either way any combination suits me.

I agree that getting both ZM & XSF would be great.

I am not sold on the other 2 & would rather get a playmaker (Sankey, ASJ, M Bryant, etc...) in rd 2.

I'm tired of listening to the experts on all player evaluations. Since hearing two experts proclaiming Andrew Luck is already a hall of fame player I gave up on the sports media...they have all either sold out or are to lazy to have a real, educated opinion.

I dont think he is on the same level as Joekel or Fischer, or Lane Johnson for that matter. It sure is easy to sit back and say this now after those three had their struggles last year. Coming out as prospects though Im not seeing it. Martin is a good talent...hes versatile as thats great but I dont see elite. He's a solid tackle prospect and a solid guard prospect IMO

Jake Matthews must be guaranteed to be at least as good as his dad was, then.

Joeckel is a better athlete with more upside than Martin but Martin's technique is considerably better coming out of college. Joeckel never learned how to extend his arms effectively in pass blocking. It was a glaring weakness and certain to regulate his early pro career. I mentioned it when I watched his Senior Bowl practices.

Kouandijo has the identical problem. He should be a wide load to get around but he plays much narrower than his frame because too often he's got his elbows bent ridiculously inward near his waist. It's like a boxer without a jab. You invite the opponent inside. A defensive end crashing the corner against Joeckel or Kouandijo doesn't have to worry about being shoved outside by extended arms. Get the jump off the snap and suddenly you've got the angle and leverage advantage with only a turned shoulder in your path.

It should be fixable but I've seen guys struggle with that flawed tendency their entire career.

Regardless, don't happy adjust. The 19th pick area this year will most likely turn out to be virtually identical to the typical year. And so forth, down the line. If we trade down for a bunch of sucker garbage 3rd and 4th round picks we'll be burned, and deservedly so.

Martin is a Yanda clone. I'd be thrilled to get him at 19. Yanda has switched back and forth between RT and Guard, and has performed well at both, but at an elite level as a Guard.

How is Martin going to fare against Wilfork, or Darius (or any other big guy like Nagata or Suh)? Yea, plug and play... but elite, Road Grader? I don't think so. No way I trade up for him. If one of about 5 or 6 players is not there at 19, I go down and pick up an extra 2nd, and get the RT out of Tenn., or the RT from Bama, G out of UCLA, Big WR from Clemson, or the 2nd best TE, and still get to pick again soon.

Back
Top Bottom