Zack's last Season??? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zack's last Season???

Zach has a big heart and has immense talant but he gets swamped by legitimate Centers... No one should be surprised at Crowder's selection..., Saban probably wetted himself to see him there come draft time...

finmann said:
With the addition of Channing Crowder to a LB group that consist of Tony Bua Seau, Jenkins, Moore and now Lionel Turner(a few others i can't remember off hand) Do you guys think that Saban will trade Zack for draft picks next season or does he retire a Dolphin? I know Saban loves the big LB especially if he is thinking of going 3-4 defence, in that case where does Zack fit in.

Note: Zack in one of my favourite players and I would hate to see him gone.

Bua is no linebacker in Sabans scheme, Seau is very near the end.

Ultimately, if Saban needs the cap space and he feels Zachs value to the team does not warrant his cap number, and it makes sense financially to the team he will probably not be here.

finmann said:
With the addition of Channing Crowder to a LB group that consist of Tony Bua Seau, Jenkins, Moore and now Lionel Turner(a few others i can't remember off hand) Do you guys think that Saban will trade Zack for draft picks next season or does he retire a Dolphin? I know Saban loves the big LB especially if he is thinking of going 3-4 defence, in that case where does Zack fit in.

Crowder may have played the middle in college but as long as we play a base 4-3 he'll have to be a weakside linebacker if he wants to start. Now, when we line up SITUATIONALLY, 3 or 4 times in a game, in a 3-4 then Crowder becomes invaluable.

In that instance you put Carter and Holliday as the DE's and Zach and Junior play the middle with Crowder and Roth playing outside LB's (god knows who will play DT, hopefully Bowens if he can learn the two gap technique) and the corners and safeties up tighter. It would be awful hard to go anywhere but right through that defense and let's face it, it's not easy to get by Zach.

Pope (what a steal he was) is a good back up MLB to Zach in the 4-3 and with Bua and Moore coming along I think the 4-3 is going to be covered. However, when we do want to show a 3-4 look those guys are all too small to take on guards and tackles so... Here comes Roth and Crowder to provide some size for THAT look. Roth will also be used as strictly a pass rusher at first since that's basically a man on man situation. In any case, Jason Taylor's life should get a lot easier when his double teams start yielding sacks on the other side. When the Offensive Lines start blocking Jason man to man again this defense will be a blast to watch.

As for Zach being his last year... Well, if we were in San Francisco I'd agree. But Nick Saban wants to do what Belichik has done, simply line up in not only the right defense situationally, but also the right SCHEME. Crowder and Roth give hime the flexibility to do that.

So Zach will stick around, believe me. Besides, sure tacklers are very hard to find and PRO BOWL players like Zach inspire entire defenses to play better just by their unrelenting performances in practices and games. Zach IS the Miami Dolphins. He'll be here, don't worry.

I don't think we will, but like you said in a few years if we decide to trade him wtf are we going to get in return value wise out of a then 34 year old LB? It's common sense, Zach will stay here three or four more years and retire. I really hope we can (In that time he stays) get him a SB ring. He deserves that almost more than anyone in the league.

Depends on if Zach's productivity declines or not. Zach is a great linebacker, but sometimes (Like Surtain) you have to get rid of guys while they are still worth something to get something in return. It sucks to see players go that we've watched and cheered for years, but that happens, and soon enough we will all be cheering a group of new faces. If Zach Thomas does get traded I believe it will be what's best for this organization.

Thomas will be traded!!

Saban and company are very high on Pope and his potential. They didn't draft Crowder for him to be a back up for the next 5 years.

So they have 2 young ILB'ers one has starter potential and ability and another that in limited time put up better #'s then Thomas in Pope.

This will be Thomas's last season in Miami if he even makes it that far.

Moore, Spraggan, Pope, Bua, Crowder will be our Lb'er and Saban will build from there. Unlike the line where he will build around Taylor unless the right offer comes along.

Some of you are very naive to believe that we keep getting FA'S with starting caliber and drafting guys who have starting caliber just to "ADD DEPTH" to that position.

Get ready for big changes.

finmann said:

Very doubtful, Zach and Jason are the two players on this team's D, that should retire Dolphins. Unless a team offers to over pay in a trade for either one, or one of them goes crazy in a contact negotiation, they will both retire as Dolphins.

if the cap hit wasn't there - i bet thomas would have already been traded by now - i wouldn't be surprised if a few more other high profile fins would have been as well

GRYPHONK said:
Some of you are very naive to believe that we keep getting FA'S with starting caliber and drafting guys who have starting caliber just to "ADD DEPTH" to that position.

Thomas isn't going to be traded. He will finish his career as a Dolphin.

I like ZT but, i dont see ZT as Saban style LB... Crowder is a very good LB but its going to take him 1 yr to be a full time starter..maybe next yr ZT will be traded or released if he doesnt impress Saban this yr.

finmann said:

i will lose all respect if saban does that to are team...........
whos next jason?
where the hell to you guys come up with this sh*t:fire:

GRYPHONK said:
Thomas will be traded!!

Saban and company are very high on Pope and his potential. They didn't draft Crowder for him to be a back up for the next 5 years.

So they have 2 young ILB'ers one has starter potential and ability and another that in limited time put up better #'s then Thomas in Pope.

This will be Thomas's last season in Miami if he even makes it that far.

Moore, Spraggan, Pope, Bua, Crowder will be our Lb'er and Saban will build from there. Unlike the line where he will build around Taylor unless the right offer comes along.

Get ready for big changes.
do you have a crystal ball at home? why would you even say that sh*t
until today no ones has even spoke about thomas doing anything other then kickin ***!

Back
Top Bottom