Zealous And Loud, Offensive Line Coach Dave Deguglielmo Will Call You Out

DKphin

Super Duper Club
Reaction score

Dave DeGugliemo isn’t here to make friends or protect your feelings. And he’s accomplished, with Giants and Patriots Super Bowl rings

TAMPA — Dave DeGuglielmo is going to call you out when you’re doing it wrong, whether it’s in full view of teammates, media or fans.

DeGuglielmo is going to be loud and direct and if your feelings are hurt, so be it. Then, the next drill, or perhaps the next day, he’s going to show you love and lift you up.

Probably.

Such is life now for the Miami Dolphins’ offensive linemen.

https://www.palmbeachpost.com/sports/20190814/miami-dolphins-zealous-and-loud-offensive-line-coach-dave-deguglielmo-will-call-you-out

claytonduper

Starter
Reaction score
I can't imagine we are worse then the recent O-lines Tannehill worked with. I do think our rookie Guards will get better each week. I am hopeful our starting 5 will be serviceable, it's the depth after injuries that terrifies me.

BigNastyFish

Super Donator
Finheaven VIP
Reaction score
Yo! Baby steps with this OL. Get torched D1 and then rebound D2.

Good sign. It's all about the UNIT and we're never going to win

any beauty contest on OL but we might win UGLY!

I'm OK with the process.

Give it some time.

djphinfan

Perennial All-Pro
Reaction score
I thought Dieter had an overall decent outing considering how many reps he played, which was a lot for his first action, he had one whiff.

darefugee

Finheaven VIP
Reaction score

Dave DeGugliemo isn’t here to make friends or protect your feelings. And he’s accomplished, with Giants and Patriots Super Bowl rings

TAMPA — Dave DeGuglielmo is going to call you out when you’re doing it wrong, whether it’s in full view of teammates, media or fans.

DeGuglielmo is going to be loud and direct and if your feelings are hurt, so be it. Then, the next drill, or perhaps the next day, he’s going to show you love and lift you up.

Probably.

Such is life now for the Miami Dolphins’ offensive linemen.

https://www.palmbeachpost.com/sports/20190814/miami-dolphins-zealous-and-loud-offensive-line-coach-dave-deguglielmo-will-call-you-out
Can you imagine this guy coaching Jonathan Martin? feelings hurt LOL

TraderJoe

FinHeaven VIP
Finheaven VIP
Reaction score
At least there is this;

Miami’s offensive line showed some improvement Wednesday after serious struggles on Tuesday against Ndamukong Suh and colleagues.

“Today I thought was a good day,” Flores said. “The communication was good. I thought they blocked well in the run game from what I saw. The protection was better than it was yesterday. We made some improvement there.”

lurking

Finheaven VIP
Reaction score
I’ve noticed that some posters who beat their chest loudly that there was nothing wrong with our oline have disappeared.

Kdawg954

My f*ck ups be the perfect mistakes
Finheaven VIP
Reaction score
I can't imagine we are worse then the recent O-lines Tannehill worked with. I do think our rookie Guards will get better each week. I am hopeful our starting 5 will be serviceable, it's the depth after injuries that terrifies me.
I mean there was a time that Tannehill had Albert, Tunsil, Pouncey and James. Even the horrific 2013 line of Martin/Mckinnie/Incognito/Pouncey/Jerry/Clabo (horrible first half, better second half) . . .was better than these dudes.

From a talent perspective, this is the worst collection of guys from LG to RT I have witnessed in a long time. Now maybe the NE influence can have them working good enough as a unit but the QB is gonna have to be instrumental in making it work and the skill guys have to win early.

Dolphin North

Starter
Reaction score
Maybe he can teach them to hold without flags like the Pats.
You're right. The secret seems to be to keep their feet stuttering as they hold. Watch any NFL game of Matt Light. I don't know why more linemen / coaches do not copy this.

Top Bottom