Zero WRs | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zero WRs

Rowdy1972

Active Roster
Reaction score
I was looking back at recent drafts and something was shockingly missing. We haven't drafted one WR in the last three drafts. The last WR we drafted was Isiah Ford in the 7th round in the 2017 draft. The last time we used a pick in the first three rounds on a WR was Leonte ****ing Caroo. Its been so long that I forgot Caroo was even on the team. It wild in a offensive league we have completely neglected this position. No wonder we were trotting out Mack Hollins, Grant, and a service academy QB at WR late in the season last year. This needs to change. We need to put draft capital towards playmakers and fast.

I was looking back at recent drafts and something was shockingly missing. We haven't drafted one WR in the last three drafts. The last WR we drafted was Isiah Ford in the 7th round in the 2017 draft. The last time we used a pick in the first three rounds on a WR was Leonte ****ing Caroo. Its been so long that I forgot Caroo was even on the team. It wild in a offensive league we have completely neglected this position. No wonder we were trotting out Mack Hollins, Grant, and a service academy QB at WR late in the season last year. This needs to change. We need to put draft capital towards playmakers and fast.
fortunately this is the class to have lots of high picks and lots of nice WR prospects!

That’s because we were baking the cake.

Right now we are adding the icing and sprinkles. It’s the right way

That's not entirely true. We drafted Malcolm Perry last season and immediately traded for Lynn Bowden. Yes, both were listed at QB/RB, but are played as WRs.

We also got a legitimate starter from UDFA in Preston Williams the year before.

I think WR is beginning to be similar to RB, you can find so much quality in lower rounds that there's less reason to invest heavy. Gase was always a FA WR guy as well, all about the Albert Wilson's and Kenny Stills types

Very odd. Really wanted Jefferson last year, but Jackson should ascend over time.

I wouldn't be surprised if Miami took two receivers this year. Some really good ones will drop to the middle rounds.

Well then, gentlemen. You shan’t be disappointed come 29th. Tua will have a new toy.

Well then, gentlemen. You shan’t be disappointed come 29th. Tua will have a new toy.
With that guarantee, I now hold u personally responsible.

I don't know who you are. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills. Skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let me have my wide receiver that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will... bring the beers so we can drink while we cry.

Last edited:
We would have to be beyond inept to miss on a great WR prospect this year as there are so many. As long as we draft a WR by the end of the 2nd round, we're golden.

Next year will be the third big WR class in a row...

I think this is the new normal.

So many schools are running complicated passing offenses now that there are more WRs who are NFL ready than there used to be. This goes along with the trends in the game.

Back
Top Bottom