Zgonina Supports Ricky Comeback | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zgonina Supports Ricky Comeback

It's pretty much obvious by now that Saban talked to the team about this so I don't think they are going to find anyone saying "no I don't want him back".

Joneal7 said:
i think he played good for us last year

agreed 100%

i love Zgonina but disagree with him on this one ....

Zgonina is one of my fav players.

iT WOULD BE NICE TO SEE EVERYONE WELCOME RICKY BACK TO THE LOCKER ROOM.:hi5: I mean dam they dont have to go clubing.they have to put it behind them fast or it would be a circus.We have smart core of crafty vets they will mantain and steer the young guys in the right derection.and the young shall follow there lead. :patriot:

Does anyone remember that when Saban first got hired he had a team meeting with selected individuals. Feeley, Chambers, Thomas were just some of the one included. Surtain was not? ..... hint hint....

What I find interesting is how since Saban got the job Ricky's agent is saying that he has been in contact with Ricky since day 1.

In other words IMO it is very possible that the team has known about Ricky returning since before the SB.

What else I am trying to say is that I don't think u will be having too many Phins players talking trash about Ricky.

Now this is something I am gonna get blasted for. Rickys agent said that Ricky really likes Saban and has a better relationship with Saban then he hever had with Wanny. He also stated he wouldn't be surprised if Ricky played past 33.

Just one notion is that this draft was horrible in ranks of talent. Saban is a smart SOB. There is always that slim glimmer of possibility that it isn't Ricky who will be trade bait it is Ronnie.

Jeff Zgonina is underappreciated in my opinion, he did a pretty damn good job filling in for us last year in my honest opinion considering how bad of a situation we were in losing TimBo and Chester. I mean to most, this isn't any big deal whatsoever and it may not be that critical, but I look at it like this. I think it's good for our players to be speaking up if it helps the teams remain in a positive atmosphere. I mean for those who hate Ricky, it seems that he will be coming back whether you like it or not. And I know there's some players who do not like it, but I'm really glad to hear the team players who are supporting it and the team players that are "tolerating" it. I think a lot of us fall under that category, we're going to "tolerate" Ricky's decision to come back. I'm a big fan of Jeff Zgonina and personally I hope he stays on the team if his contract is affordable and if we cannot get any draft pick for him. I feel he will definitely help our DT situation out as bad as it is. Thanks for the article Nublar, great read.

And as for my personal opinion on Ricky coming back... I'm tolerating it and I'm supporting it because I respect Saban's decision and if he feels it's the best move for the team, than I'm all for it. I honestly would rather do what's best for the team rather than let my own personal feelings get in the way.

Pickles said:
Did Ricky not play with us In 2003?
Zgonina recorded 39 tackles, 3 sacks, and an interception for us in 2003.
I thought we just got him last year, my bad

Pickles said:
who is Zgonina to comment? He's a member of the Miami Dolphins. He was there when Ricky left, and He'll be there when Ricky gets back. I think hes qualified to comment on the situation.
100% AGREED

nick1 said:
who is Zgonina to comment on the matter? he's a career back-up who we tried to trade and who might not even be on our final roster

Actually, he started a few yrs for St. Louis and was the captain of their defense during their SB years.

nick1 said:
he never played on the same team as Ricky thats all I'm saying
you have almost 4000 posts, you should know that answer

Zgonina's growl worse than his bite

I didn't now he raises Bulls on his ranch, then again, I didn't know he had a ranch... :lol:

btw: He's one of those, welcome back R. Williams, help us get a SB baby..

Zgonina

Back
Top Bottom