Zimmer "Too Blunt & Honest" for Dolphins | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zimmer "Too Blunt & Honest" for Dolphins

HeartbreakKid28

Active Roster
Reaction score
http://www.cincyjungle.com/2012/1/17/2714777/miami-herald-mike-zimmer-too-blunt-and-honest-for-the-miami-dolphins

http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/01/17/2594369/miami-dolphins-narrow-coach-search.html

The Dolphins liked Zimmer’s résumé, and he and general manager Jeff Ireland have a good relationship. But one source said he might have been too blunt and honest for the Dolphins’ liking. Zimmer can be outspoken at times, including calling former Falcons coach Bobby Petrino a “gutless b--tard” for leaving the job without telling any of his assistants.

I'd love to know what he thinks of Nick Satan. And I guess we prefer dishonesty (maybe flying across the country to woo a coach who doesn't want to coach here, thinking nobody would find out) and smoke & mirrors (Ross saying Henne could be the greatest Dolphins QB of all time...did he really try to sell us on that?) I seriously hope his "young Don Shula" works out...but it's doubtful.

Jesus Christ, are these opinions of someone or were these quotes actually said? Too honest, lol, well that's an awful trait to have.

In the words of Wayne Campbell, NOT.

I hope we didn't dismiss a candidate because he's "too blunt and honest." Probably just typical media spin in all honestly.

Sounds a bit like us not wanting to hire Mike Tomlin though because he was too "street."

The implication being that they want a mealy mouthed guy who's full of ****.

Well, I'll tell you one thing. Whoever that guy ends up being, he'll fit right in.

I hope we didn't dismiss a candidate because he's "too blunt and honest." Probably just typical media spin in all honestly.

Sounds a bit like us not wanting to hire Mike Tomlin though because he was too "street."

I thought of that too. People always forget about Tomlin...we've made so many mistakes over the past decade they all start to blend together.

Hopefully Ross sells the team after we go winless one of these next seasons.

Back
Top Bottom