Zim’s Grades For The Game: Week 1 Edition | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zim’s Grades For The Game: Week 1 Edition

From my vantage point in the stadium, I didn’t like the way they played at all. I’m not sure what constitutes a pressure….But from where I stood it looked way more than 11. And…..Eichenberg IS a problem.
Not all pressures are equivalent in their impact on a play. A free rusher up the middle is devastating to all QBs. Saw too many of those yesterday.

Thanks Zim. Hope that wasn’t one of your cars that caught fire yesterday!

Agree with just about everything. Phillips was very disappointing yesterday not only rushing and vs the run but he was awful dropping into a zone.

The only minor disagreement I might have was with the play calling, particularly on 3rd and short. The one time we brought Ingold in we picked up a first, after that it was all shotgun and empty. What’s the point of carrying a fullback if that is what you are going to do?

No biggie but you forgot the FB position. Imo before the season is over ingold is going to convert on a few 3rd and even a few key 4th down short yardage situation..

Overall i agree 100 percent on everything the OP said.

I also agree if we play like this against the bills it would be a loss on the books. There were also 3 phins fumbles...2 by wide receivers where ball landed out of bounds and 1 by a tend where his head luckily was down on the ground before he actually fumbles. Also tua need to get rid of football and stop making those crazy throws........but that has already been said. I just wanted to say it on more time. That will be the biggest questionmark as the season proggresses. Go phims

No biggie but you forgot the FB position. Imo before the season is over ingold is going to convert on a few 3rd and even a few key 4th down short yardage situation..

I also agree if we play like this against the bills it would be a loss on the books. There were also 3 phins fumbles...2 by wide receivers where ball landed out of bounds and 1 by a tend where his head luckily was down on the ground before he actually fumbles. Also tua need to get rid of football and stop making those crazy throws........but that has already been said. I just wanted to say it on more time. That will be the biggest questionmark as the season proggresses. Go phins.

Agree with all of this except DL. I thought the DL played well. Our linebackers make our DL look bad. Jerome Baker and Elandon Roberts are just awful.

Jaelen Phillips was a huge disappointment in this game. We need much more out of him if we’re going to be the defense we hope to be.

Also about phillips ...he did struggled and got pushed around the entire game but he husstled and made a key recovery on a ne fumble. In my mind just try and make one great play every game to change a game around and iam a huge fan all of a sudden. You make a huge play and it becomes contagious and becomes a dominoe effect.

Am I the only one that thought Tua’s throw-away into the ground was a smart play that saved a sack?
Yeah, I saw it that way too, but it something we won't know until we hear it from the source. Either way, I woulda been fine taking the sack because if that knee wasn't down it may have been called a fumble. I don't trust the zebras.

Really was looking forward to this! Thanks Zim and great analysis.

A few adds on my part. Beating a Bill Bellichick coached team is always tough and a great start for McDaniel.

I feel like Howard deserves even more credit than he's getting. Definitely a Patriots killer. Last year, he sealed the win by causing a fumble late in the opener. This year, his tipped pass intercepted by Holland set the early tone.

A hidden advantage to playing BB early? Now McDaniel knows how defensive are going to attack with eight man fronts and an emphasis on stopping the run.

Hill and Waddle look unstoppable.

Really was looking forward to this! Thanks Zim and great analysis.

A few adds on my part. Beating a Bill Bellichick coached team is always tough and a great start for McDaniel.

I feel like Howard deserves even more credit than he's getting. Definitely a Patriots killer. Last year, he sealed the win by causing a fumble late in the opener. This year, his tipped pass intercepted by Holland set the early tone.

A hidden advantage to playing BB early? Now McDaniel knows how defensive are going to attack with eight man fronts and an emphasis on stopping the run.

Hill and Waddle look unstoppable.
Loved how NE thought they’d get a DVP dagger early…how many times X kick his ass in practice?

I also agree if we play like this against the bills it would be a loss on the books. There were also 3 phins fumbles...2 by wide receivers where ball landed out of bounds and 1 by a tend where his head luckily was down on the ground before he actually fumbles. Also tua need to get rid of football and stop making those crazy throws........but that has already been said. I just wanted to say it on more time. That will be the biggest questionmark as the season proggresses. Go phims
I tend to give a guy a break when he lets go of ball as his head is hitting the earth. But otherwise had some luck on our side with the +- takeaways.

Back
Top Bottom