Zim’s Grades For The Game: Week 10 Edition | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zim’s Grades For The Game: Week 10 Edition

Yep….We’re scary on offense and getting scarier. The most dangerous job in the country right now is being a defensive coordinator about to play the Dolphins. That’s a fact.
The Browns did a good job containing Hill and Waddle but MCDaniel was smart enough to go to the running game. The Browns were so scared of those two receivers, it opened up the rest of the offense and the RB’s, OL, and Tua took advantage of how much the Browns were keying on Hill and Waddle.

10 weeks in and we’re in first place?? I wouldn’t have bet on that ever. Buffalo’s loss was epic and catapults us into first. The Bill’s are now in 3rd. Amazing. On to the grades.

QB — The Good: 25 of 32 for 285 and 3 TD’s… 78%. No Picks. QBR of 135. Ridiculous.

The Bad: N/A

The Grade: A + . I know the Tua haters don’t want to hear this….But Tua might be the best QB in the NFL right now. He’s definitely better than Allen and it’s debatable with Mahomes right now. Tua is just dealing back there.

RB’s — The Good: 195 Yards rushing is a GOOD day in anyone’s book. Wilson with 119 on 17 Carrie’s is NICE. That’s a 7.0 average. Mostert had an 8.1 average on 8 rushes for 65 yards. What a great day for this group. Add in Ingold’s 4 catches for 45 yards and you have a VERY good day by these guys. Oh, almost forgot Mostert’s 4 catches.

The Bad: Not much to complain about here.

The Grade: A . Nice job by these guys hitting those very tiny holes all day. 😐

TE — The Good: Gesicki had 2 catches for 31 yards and they were clutch catches. What is gonna get this group the high grade is the help in the running game. They had some nice blocks opening up HUGE holes. Not a huge stat day….But A good contribution day for these guys.

The Grade: B . I wish Gesicki was used more….But this group played well. Solid B here.

The WR’s — The Good: 14 total catches by these guys. Waddle and Sheffield had 4. Hill had 5 and Wilson had 1. A VERY effective day for this group.

The Bad: There’s only 1 ball to go around. I want Hill to break the yardage record in a season……But I want wins more. Today is a blueprint of how McDaniel’s offense should work. So….I want more days like this.

The Grade: A . Just a solid day all around.

OL —The Good: ALL OF IT!! I just need to know whose OL we stole? What a great day for these guys. Tua with clean pockets. The RB’s with huge holes to run in. Seriously, I could have run for 50 yards today and I’m fat and you need a calendar to time me in the 40.

The Bad: They should have played like this sooner.

The Grade: A . Ummmmm….I never thought I would type that. Shocking….Utterly shocking.

DL — The Good: Christian Wilkins was a MONSTER out there today. He literally was unblockable. If he can play like that every week….. He’s gonna get PAID. Sieler with a forced fumble. Pressure on Brisket. Good day after a slow start

The Bad: Not too much. We could have been a little better against the run. We also suck when a QB scrambles. Other than that…..Not Bad.

The Grade: B . Very good day. Especially Wilkins.

LB’s — The Good: Everyone said that Phillips would benefit the most when we acquired Chubb. They were wrong. Ingram benefitted the most. He was ALL OVER today. Great game. Baker and Roberts actually had decent games holding the #1 rushing offense to 112 yards. 40 of that was Brisket running for his life. Nice Day.

The Grade: B + : Nice game by Chubb, Ingram, Phillips and the rest. Nice to see.

DB’s — The Good: Justin Bethel? Who is that guy? All I can say is….he was ****en good today. X started out slow…But probably had his best game of the year. Nice game by this group.

The Bad: A few too many receptions given up by playing a little too loose….But I’m nitpicking here. Good Game all around.

The Grade: B +. Just imagine what we’ll be if Jones comes back.

ST’s — The Good: Sanders made a field goal.

The Bad: Poor coverage on most of the kicks. Sanders missed 2 extra points. He’s clearly struggling. We need to bring in a kicker during the bye to challenge him and maybe light a fire.

The Grade: D . I actually, for the first time in 4 years, don’t feel confident that we can make a late last second field goal to win a playoff game. I hope I’m wrong.

Coaching — The Good: The offensive game plan just clicked today. Brilliant. Boyer, after a slow start, got the D playing very good.

The Bad: My only beef is with our ST’s and the kickoff coverages. Not good. I’m tired of being put in an early hole mostly because of these guys.

The Grade: B . I hope we can fix Sanders and our coverages in the bye.

The Conclusion: GREAT GAME. First place all alone going into the bye. What a feeling. We need to rest, get healthy and get ready for the stretch run. I feel like this team is getting more comfortable and that’s a scary thing for everyone else.
I agree again with almost everything you said but bro......now if someone says that Mahomes is a better QB than Tua that means they hate Tua? Slow down a bit there but like I said, everything else pretty spot on

10 weeks in and we’re in first place?? I wouldn’t have bet on that ever. Buffalo’s loss was epic and catapults us into first. The Bill’s are now in 3rd. Amazing. On to the grades.

QB — The Good: 25 of 32 for 285 and 3 TD’s… 78%. No Picks. QBR of 135. Ridiculous.

The Grade: A + . I know the Tua haters don’t want to hear this….But Tua might be the best QB in the NFL right now. He’s definitely better than Allen and it’s debatable with Mahomes right now. Tua is just dealing back there.

RB’s — The Good: 195 Yards rushing is a GOOD day in anyone’s book. Wilson with 119 on 17 Carrie’s is NICE. That’s a 7.0 average. Mostert had an 8.1 average on 8 rushes for 65 yards. What a great day for this group. Add in Ingold’s 4 catches for 45 yards and you have a VERY good day by these guys. Oh, almost forgot Mostert’s 4 catches.

TE — The Good: Gesicki had 2 catches for 31 yards and they were clutch catches. What is gonna get this group the high grade is the help in the running game. They had some nice blocks opening up HUGE holes. Not a huge stat day….But A good contribution day for these guys.

The Grade: B . I wish Gesicki was used more….But this group played well. Solid B here.

The WR’s — The Good: 14 total catches by these guys. Waddle and Sheffield had 4. Hill had 5 and Wilson had 1. A VERY effective day for this group.

The Bad: There’s only 1 ball to go around. I want Hill to break the yardage record in a season……But I want wins more. Today is a blueprint of how McDaniel’s offense should work. So….I want more days like this.

OL —The Good: ALL OF IT!! I just need to know whose OL we stole? What a great day for these guys. Tua with clean pockets. The RB’s with huge holes to run in. Seriously, I could have run for 50 yards today and I’m fat and you need a calendar to time me in the 40.

The Grade: A . Ummmmm….I never thought I would type that. Shocking….Utterly shocking.

DL — The Good: Christian Wilkins was a MONSTER out there today. He literally was unblockable. If he can play like that every week….. He’s gonna get PAID. Sieler with a forced fumble. Pressure on Brisket. Good day after a slow start

The Bad: Not too much. We could have been a little better against the run. We also suck when a QB scrambles. Other than that…..Not Bad.

LB’s — The Good: Everyone said that Phillips would benefit the most when we acquired Chubb. They were wrong. Ingram benefitted the most. He was ALL OVER today. Great game. Baker and Roberts actually had decent games holding the #1 rushing offense to 112 yards. 40 of that was Brisket running for his life. Nice Day.

The Grade: B + : Nice game by Chubb, Ingram, Phillips and the rest. Nice to see.

DB’s — The Good: Justin Bethel? Who is that guy? All I can say is….he was ****en good today. X started out slow…But probably had his best game of the year. Nice game by this group.

The Bad: A few too many receptions given up by playing a little too loose….But I’m nitpicking here. Good Game all around.

The Bad: Poor coverage on most of the kicks. Sanders missed 2 extra points. He’s clearly struggling. We need to bring in a kicker during the bye to challenge him and maybe light a fire.

The Grade: D . I actually, for the first time in 4 years, don’t feel confident that we can make a late last second field goal to win a playoff game. I hope I’m wrong.

Coaching — The Good: The offensive game plan just clicked today. Brilliant. Boyer, after a slow start, got the D playing very good.

The Bad: My only beef is with our ST’s and the kickoff coverages. Not good. I’m tired of being put in an early hole mostly because of these guys.

The Conclusion: GREAT GAME. First place all alone going into the bye. What a feeling. We need to rest, get healthy and get ready for the stretch run. I feel like this team is getting more comfortable and that’s a scary thing for everyone else.

Mcd didn't get conservative with a 7pt lead. Much better

I agree again with almost everything you said but bro......now if someone says that Mahomes is a better QB than Tua that means they hate Tua? Slow down a bit there but like I said, everything else pretty spot on
Danny…. I was saying only that, to me at least, Tua should be right there in the same conversation as Mahomes. I didn’t mean that if anyone picks Mahomes over Tua they’re a hater. As a matter of fact….I have Mahomes over Tua right now. Barely….But if I had to vote today….It’d be Mahomes.

Danny…. I was saying only that, to me at least, Tua should be right there in the same conversation as Mahomes. I didn’t mean that if anyone picks Mahomes over Tua they’re a hater. As a matter of fact….I have Mahomes over Tua right now. Barely….But if I had to vote today….It’d be Mahomes.
IMO Tua is playing better than Mahomes this season IF you look at the QB position in the traditional sense. He has been absolutely lights out on short and mid range throws. He has been torching defenses on 3rd down and in the red zone. Mahomes is simply the best QB at creating something out of nothing (on top of being a highly talented passer). His ability to extend a play is unreal, and unlike Josh Allen he doesn’t make as many boneheaded decisions (like running and taking a ton of hits).

I would just add Kohou to the good DB portion. The kid is already a "technician", and had a couple of key PDs.

no problem brother....I misunderstood which I do often....lol

Back
Top Bottom