Zim’s Grades For The Game: Week 12 Edition | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zim’s Grades For The Game: Week 12 Edition

DZimmer000

BJJ Black Belt
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
A lot to a little. An NFL ass whipping. An opened can of whoop ass. Call it what you will……But call it ugly for the Commanders. 45 - 15 is brutal. In reality….We beat a team we should have beat and that’s a good feeling. What more can I say? On to the Grades:

QB’s — A : 18 of 24 for 280 yards and 2 TD’s is a nice stat line. But I find the 0 interception and the 0 mistake stat just as nice. This was easily an A effort against a sub-par defense. Well done by Tua. I also have to mention Mike White going a perfect 1 for 1 for 3 yards as well.

RB’s — B + : A-Chain with 17 rushes for 73 yards is a good day. He also added 3 catches for 30 yards. Solid Day. Add in Mostert’s 43 yards on 11 carries and Wilson’s 11 yards and you have a good day by this group. Why no A? Well…They averaged a little under 3.66 yards per carry. However, a solid B + here.

TE’s — B + : A good effort in the blocking game yesterday. Also, it was nice to see Julian Hill get a couple catches. Nothing much more to talk about here.

OL — B + : I watched the OL quite a bit yesterday. I gotta say….Eichenberg has come a LONG way. I have been his biggest critic on this board…Probably by a mile. I can confidently say he’s proven me wrong. He was noticeably good yesterday. The other lineman I hated named Austin Jackson proved me to be a moron weeks ago. Nice job gentlemen. I’ll take my crow cooked Medium with some BBQ sauce on the side. The reason there’s no A here is because the running game wasn’t as efficient as it should have been.

WR’s — A - : I know….This Isn’t an A + and it really should be. Hill earned an A + all by himself….Right? Not so fast grasshoppers. A crucial drop or two by Waddle and some piss poor run blocking by these guys in the first half dropped this grade. Regardless, Hill is on another level and has been all season. OPOY for Hill is almost guaranteed at this point barring an injury.

DL — A - : Great game by this crew. When you hold a team to 15 points… Your whole Defense deserves an A. Sieler with 1.5 sacks was very good yesterday. They allowed a few too many rushing yards for my taste…But a good effort all the way through.

LB’s — A : VAN GINKO!! Wow….What a game by that long haired freak. He was everywhere. The Baker injury wasn’t fun to watch and I don’t know how he returns this year from that. Long was active all day and Ogbah had another sack. Great job.

DB’s — A : The number 1 QB in terms of yards thrown was held to 127 yards for the game. The DB’s were great yesterday. Period.

ST’s — B : Bailey averaged 42.3 yards per punt. Sanders made his 49 yarder. Coverage teams were good. Solid B.

Coaching — A - : The only negative was having Baker try to cover Samuel. Not a good coaching decision. Other than that….Nothing to really complain about.

Conclusion : A dominant win against a bad team. But that’s what we should do. I’m expecting another dominant win on Monday Night against the Titans at home. We’re playing well at the right time and I’m here for it.

A lot to a little. An NFL ass whipping. An opened can of whoop ass. Call it what you will……But call it ugly for the Commanders. 45 - 15 is brutal. In reality….We beat a team we should have beat and that’s a good feeling. What more can I say? On to the Grades:

QB’s — A : 18 of 24 for 280 yards and 2 TD’s is a nice stat line. But I find the 0 interception and the 0 mistake stat just as nice. This was easily an A effort against a sub-par defense. Well done by Tua. I also have to mention Mike White going a perfect 1 for 1 for 3 yards as well.

RB’s — B + : A-Chain with 17 rushes for 73 yards is a good day. He also added 3 catches for 30 yards. Solid Day. Add in Mostert’s 43 yards on 11 carries and Wilson’s 11 yards and you have a good day by this group. Why no A? Well…They averaged a little under 3.66 yards per carry. However, a solid B + here.

TE’s — B + : A good effort in the blocking game yesterday. Also, it was nice to see Julian Hill get a couple catches. Nothing much more to talk about here.

OL — B + : I watched the OL quite a bit yesterday. I gotta say….Eichenberg has come a LONG way. I have been his biggest critic on this board…Probably by a mile. I can confidently say he’s proven me wrong. He was noticeably good yesterday. The other lineman I hated named Austin Jackson proved me to be a moron weeks ago. Nice job gentlemen. I’ll take my crow cooked Medium with some BBQ sauce on the side. The reason there’s no A here is because the running game wasn’t as efficient as it should have been.

WR’s — A - : I know….This Isn’t an A + and it really should be. Hill earned an A + all by himself….Right? Not so fast grasshoppers. A crucial drop or two by Waddle and some piss poor run blocking by these guys in the first half dropped this grade. Regardless, Hill is on another level and has been all season. OPOY for Hill is almost guaranteed at this point barring an injury.

DL — A - : Great game by this crew. When you hold a team to 15 points… Your whole Defense deserves an A. Sieler with 1.5 sacks was very good yesterday. They allowed a few too many rushing yards for my taste…But a good effort all the way through.

LB’s — A : VAN GINKO!! Wow….What a game by that long haired freak. He was everywhere. The Baker injury wasn’t fun to watch and I don’t know how he returns this year from that. Long was active all day and Ogbah had another sack. Great job.

DB’s — A : The number 1 QB in terms of yards thrown was held to 127 yards for the game. The DB’s were great yesterday. Period.

ST’s — B : Bailey averaged 42.3 yards per punt. Sanders made his 49 yarder. Coverage teams were good. Solid B.

Coaching — A - : The only negative was having Baker try to cover Samuel. Not a good coaching decision. Other than that….Nothing to really complain about.

Conclusion : A dominant win against a bad team. But that’s what we should do. I’m expecting another dominant win on Monday Night against the Titans at home. We’re playing well at the right time and I’m here for it.
i always look forward to your grades brother Zim. Always well thought out, logical without agenda. Just solid football analysis. My favorite part about this victory was the multiple player tributes to J. Phillips. This locker room is bonded tighter than I have ever seen.

I saw Eich get walked back on a throw by Tua. It may have been the second Hill TD.

He was on skates, Tua slid to his right a little and threw. Great by Tua.

But on replay, not only did Eich get demolished, but he gave up as he saw Tua. A better DL would have disengaged faster.

I’m pleased overall with his development as a backup, but he still looks weak as hell to me.

You know who deserves big props? Kion Smith. He’s developed nicely. lamm has played well. Maybe they can develop the drafted OT on the practice squad too. If you take Austin’s Jackson into account, the OT situation is the complete opposite of last year.

No issues with the offense other than Waddle drops. Some of the bad running plays was Rivera snuffing out the counter pitch plays after about two of them worked. I think this was McDaniel trying out a new wrinkle and thankfully he abandoned it after a few big losses. Keep it simple and use Ingold to pave the way.

The run defense going forward will be something to keep an eye on. I think a healthy Miami secondary can render most offenses one dimensional. Meaning forcing opponents to run and play small ball. But you got to set the edge and Ogbah isn’t inspiring confidence. Hopefully the offense can keep leaning on opponents to force them to pass just to keep up.

I saw Eich get walked back on a throw by Tua. It may have been the second Hill TD.

But on replay, not only did Eich get demolished, but he gave up as he saw Tua. A better DL would have disengaged faster.

I’m pleased overall with his development as a backup, but he still looks weak as hell to me.

You know who deserves big props? Kion Smith. He’s developed nicely. lamm has played well. Maybe they can develop the drafted OT on the practice squad too. If you take Austin’s Jackson into account, the OT situation is the complete opposite of last year.
I’m with you in this. I’ve seen plays like this. Not sure how Eich is shown as only giving up two pressures in the past 3 games.

unsung hero is the oline coach. This guy saved our season and no doubt it has been no easy task with weekly changes. Bravo!

he is the weak link as is cotton but holding up just good enough with Tua's MVP performance

When on Thanksgiving day, I saw the Cowboys score 45 points on the Commanders, I thought the Cowboys look scary good (Bad team or not), but after seeing the Dolphins look even more spectacular then the Cowboys, I am feeling very good for our Dolphins.

Wait a minute, more spectacular?
Cowboys beat the Commanders 45-10, unlike Miami's 45-15 beat down.

1. Beat them in Washington, instead of their home...Like the Cowboys.

2. Miami took out many of their starters far earlier then the Cowboys, in fact, did the Cowboys ever take out their starter?

3. Miami was trying more then anything to just run out the clock, the Cowboys were far from taking the knife out in the 4th.

Very nice game Dolphins.

Back
Top Bottom