Zim’s Grades For The Game: Week 15 Edition | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zim’s Grades For The Game: Week 15 Edition

You're just arguing for the sake of an argument. Tua failed. Tua cost us the game. Yes, he had two big plays. One mostly because of yac. But with the game on the line, with THREE attempts, he failed. Spectacularly. Three picks in a row.

Yes son. A spectacular failure.

That's not how gradation in A,B,C,D,F grading works.

The backs ran well. I wouldn’t take them from what should have been a solid B IMO because of a fumble that cost us 3 points. And we had plenty of time to get over it. It did change the momentum of the game though.

The DBs - I watched X all game. In the 1st half I wasn’t sure if he was playing because you couldn’t find him. Rodgers didn’t even bother going at him - he went after Kohou over and over. All I’ll say is a HOF QB knows where the sledding is gonna be easiest. Kohou is a fine player. And he had a rough game. I don’t think X was beaten for a single reception today though.

McCoach sucks. He’s gonna waste an epic season from Hill and Waddle. I can’t believe it. He gets an F- for how he calls games
Good observation on Howard. He nearly had an interception as well.

That McDaniel hasn't really adjusted after the SF loss is why Miami hasn't rebounded. The run game should have been leaned on more heavily in a couple of these losses. There needs to be a plan when the big play isn't there.

McDaniel is now 0-3 against coaches he coached with...Saleh, Shanahan and Lafleur.

I thought the defense kept Miami in it. A few positives...Wilkins has been awesome this season. Phillips chasing down Rodgers to prevent a big play. The run defense for the most part. The first half offense.

Another “too good to lose / too bad to win” feeling with this team. Parcells was right.

I think it’s funny people put all the blame on Tua when the coaching puts our team in position to fail. The 2nd INT was a perfect example. A solid 16 yard 1st down gain wiped out by the 2nd illegal formation/shift call in the game. Next play Tua throws to Mostert who he expected to run a curl and he doesn’t even have a clue the ball is coming and it’s an INT.

There was at least a dozen absolute garbage coaching decisions today. How do we not have staff watching replays to challenge the Lewis catch? It was clear as day he didn’t catch that ball. How about the onsides kick when it’s a tied game in the 1st quarter that lead to an easy TD.

Sure, Tua played poorly in the 2nd half. I fail to see how a different QB would fair any better with our coaching staff. Our special teams is a joke. Playoffs on the line and you have Wilson “returning” punts and Mostert fielding kicks. Put Hill back there and roll the f***ing dice.

The ST stop on the GB was the only real positive for that unit today.
Then the offense settled for 3.
I think the defense played OK overall, Rodgers dropped a couple of amazing passes in there which you just have to tip your hat to. They shut the run down for most of the game other than that 19 yard gain they got which looked like a crack back.
Our offensive play calling is juvenile and produces inconsistencies all game.
I am with you on Tua, other than other QBs who have had rushers in their faces before they even set up Tua has time but he is making poor choices and some god awful throws. He killed us today.

Only thing I disagree with is the F for RBs. Yes the fumble was very costly but Mostert has been good all year and I don’t remember him losing many fumbles if any. It’s gonna happen, is what it is.

A first half fumble while up by 10 shouldn’t be that big of a deal. It’s beyond frustrating watching all these other teams fight through adversity and bounce back from bad plays. Aside from the Ravens game I feel like we NEVER do. As soon as one bad thing happens the rails fall off and it turns into a collapse. The sign of a mentally weak team. Which we’ve had for decades.
Yeah fumbled suck but too many people here are making too much of it
It was a bad time to fumble but Mostert has been solid all year holding on to the ball
RBs were fine today

Miami not playing the South champ. If they even make the playoffs it's going to be @BUF, @KC, or @CIN as the 7th seed and a quick one and one.

I'm off the Tua Bandwagon as well. It's just like the Tannehill saga. I gave them the benefit of the doubt as top 10 picks. Their 3rd years you want to see them take that big leap, Tua took a moderate leap but also a moderate leap back, all in the same season. Tannehill didn't take his moderate leap until year 4 but by then I was already off his bandwagon with that bad loss to Jacksonville in 2015, After tying the game at 20-20 Tannehill led 5 drives of 4 punts and 1 turnover on downs to end that game when he only needed a FG.

Same with Tua, today was probably his worst game of the season, no "top" QB constantly has a new worst game of the year like Tua just did in the last 4 games. He doesn't have enough of things he does well to overcome all his shortcomings. Can't extend plays, too slow to run for first downs, rarely throws a ball away, not good in crunch time, not good at any passes that aren't in the middle of the field. I think that hip injury in college was a big red flag to avoid taking him as high as they did. It zapped all his athleticism and now he's a sitting duck once the pocket collapses. Once defenses caught on and took the middle of the field away and forced Tua to look elsewhere to make plays he failed miserably. Just not good when things don't go according to plan.

Unfortunately he'll be back next year but there's no way Tua sees a 2nd contract with Miami, you won't win anything significant with him at the helm.

Back
Top Bottom