Zim’s Grades For The Game: Week 17 Edition | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zim’s Grades For The Game: Week 17 Edition

No idea why no passes to Achane. Get him in space. This offense really needs a 3rd wr. Zero separation from any one of them besides Hill. Waddle will help a bunch being back.

I agree and disagree on Zims analysis and thank him for the efforts he puts in each week and I look forward to reading his posts..

I blame the loss squarely on Mikey.. I think its simple... Coach Mickey D is one of... if not the best ever OC, he just needs a HC to over ride his silly plays during the game.

I believe we could have overcame the punt return TD and limitations on D and the offense should have won the game.. When the safeties double Hill.. or when they put 9 in the box, that is taking away from other parts of the field.. We should have been able to exploit the vulnerable areas.

That falls on Mikey D as the sole play caller. The question is... how do we get him to step down, take on the role of OC and then find someone that can adjust to the momentums of the game?

I respect brother Zim and always look forward to his grades. This time I disagree on a few points.

a. QB - Tua didn’t lose the game, but he didn’t win it either. My grade is C-
b. RB- ran hard and ran effectively. My grade is B.
c. Coaching - I agree ,that the second half of this game was McDs poorest coaching job of the season. It could be a defining moment for him. If he learns to keep feasting on what the defense gives him until they force us to stop, then he will be fine. If he refuses to learn it won’t bode well for him.

I agree and disagree on Zims analysis and thank him for the efforts he puts in each week and I look forward to reading his posts..

I blame the loss squarely on Mikey.. I think its simple... Coach Mickey D is one of... if not the best ever OC, he just needs a HC to over ride his silly plays during the game.

I believe we could have overcame the punt return TD and limitations on D and the offense should have won the game.. When the safeties double Hill.. or when they put 9 in the box, that is taking away from other parts of the field.. We should have been able to exploit the vulnerable areas.

That falls on Mikey D as the sole play caller. The question is... how do we get him to step down, take on the role of OC and then find someone that can adjust to the momentums of the game?

I think that's backwards. Keep Mcd as HC but hire an OC. I just posted elsewhere, scripted plays when he has all day to plan, he can be lethal. When he has 10 sec and the game is close, he seems to have brain freeze and the 'bad' Mcd appears. I'm certain he has the talent and ability, but he can be his own worst enemy.

I think that's backwards. Keep Mcd as HC but hire an OC. I just posted elsewhere, scripted plays when he has all day to plan, he can be lethal. When he has 10 sec and the game is close, he seems to have brain freeze and the 'bad' Mcd appears. I'm certain he has the talent and ability, but he can be his own worst enemy.
I had to stop an think about hiring an OC... and after thinking about it, I have to disagree.. If MickeyD was a HC, he would be able to feel the flow of the game and make adjustments accordingly, it wouldnt matter if it was his play or a play that was whispered in his ear from the man upstairs (the OC, not God.. lol).

With Coach Mike being the OC.. he would blurt out a play over the headsets and I can see a real coach saying "no... not a pass play, this situation is calling for a run play... whatcha got for me".

After watching the video in the post about Hill and drops it is puzzling and frustrating to see Tyreek drop so many key passes during games. He does a ton of great stuff but really needs to focus and make plays. Couple other points:

*If Buffalo can float a safety over Hill and negate his impact why can’t we do the same to Diggs, Flowers, AJ.Brown, Lamb…. when we are on defense?

* Why don’t we run more iso with Hill and have trips to the short side and Hill alone on the wide side. We can even have a slot WR there and bring him in motion to the formation to see if they are in man or zone. If they don’t give the db help you have a one v one with Tyreek. If not you have 10 on 9, and then can run crossers with Hill and the opposite Y or Z receiver. If they are in man it is too hard to keep up all the way across the field and easy 10-12 yard throws for Tua.

* I know we had a ton of injuries and some are bad luck, but really need to look into our S&C program and why we are getting crushed with them.

*McDaniel needs to quit with the cute play calling trying to be the. OST creative in the league and find out what worked, play to our strengths, and quit calling 3 straight runs or 3 straight passes. He seems to get flustered and then tightens up and we suffer.

* Love Tyreek but if he is only going to play 1-2 more seasons I would listen to offers. Someone can be desperate enough and offer a pair of 1’s - Dallas and Jerry or someone like Carolina or Washington or Chicago who needs help at the WR spot. Imagine a couple of high firsts with help for the cap.

Trade Tyreek?

mc ycbs.jpg

*If Buffalo can float a safety over Hill and negate his impact why can’t we do the same to Diggs, Flowers, AJ.Brown, Lamb…. when we are on defense?
Because like McDaniel, Fangio is clueless when it comes to playcalling, and especially with making adjustments. The defense did well in the first half, forcing Allen into bad throws and getting turnovers, but in the second half they were shredded. Even with injuries and Tua's issues, Miami lost another big game mostly due to McDaniel and Fangio. Other teams routinely make adjustments to counter what the opponent is doing, but Miami doesn't.

The defensive interior line played a very good game and deserve an A-. They completely shut down the running game, put some pressure on Allen to force him into mistakes and came away with a turnover on Wilkins great play.
The offensive line was solid, opening up some holes for the running game and giving Tua the protection he needed. Didn't hear Oliver or Epenesa's names called once They deserved a B+. This gane was not lost in the trenches!
DB's were not very good, they just got lucky Allen missed a wide open Diggs against Ramsey, then threw 2 blind passes into the end zone that ended up as int's. A C grade is warranted.

This game was lost due to poor coaching, a special teams fail and poor QB play. The offense calls after the first couple of drives were too conservative, dialing up running plays on first downs and lacked any changes as the Bills lost their starting ILB and CB. We throw one quick slant which worked, never repeated that, didn't use Achane in the passing game nearly enough, didn't get more out of our TE's in the passing game. Tua did a poor job distributing the ball, 13 targets to Hill is too much, there is no way that other guys weren't open at all against single coverage and multiple back ups playing on Buffalo D. McDaniel and Tua had so many opportunities and both were not able to produce when the team needed them to. Both get failing grades!

Lol oh boy, your gonna wake up the entire tuanon crowd with that grade and those comments!! Should be fun

Sorry but this grading is off as the Team was up 14-7 at halftime and the defense only gave up 10 points.

Wr and special teams and McDaniel lost this game. Not the Defense not Tua.

Tyreek drops a 3rd down conversion and a TD on the last drive. Go watch the film.
Special teams broke down at the absolute worst time.
Not running the ball in the second half is just plain stupid after average 7-8 in the 1st half which netted a 14-7 advantage
Wow dude you are in such denial

I'd love for someone with time to watch All-22 and inform us if anyone not named TH/Waddle were open. I know they were, just from the TV angles, but seldom targeted. I'll not dump on the receivers until I know whether their lack of targets was loss of separation or TT obsessed with TH/waddle. I agree, the O has to target more receivers. I find it hard to believe TH is double/triple covered and no other receiver has 3 yds separation
Here's what I intend to do instead of just the All 22. I want to see how many receptions with other clubs these veteran recivers had before joining the Dolphins. That should help in this regards

I'd love for someone with time to watch All-22 and inform us if anyone not named TH/Waddle were open. I know they were, just from the TV angles, but seldom targeted. I'll not dump on the receivers until I know whether their lack of targets was loss of separation or TT obsessed with TH/waddle. I agree, the O has to target more receivers. I find it hard to believe TH is double/triple covered and no other receiver has 3 yds separation
Looked at the veteran recivers we have from other clubs on this team all their receptions this year are way down like in half except for Hill. Hill is beat up at year end when he is needed most because of that imo.

I totally agree with this. Starting last season, it was the first time in his life that he was that guy, under the gun, having to make the decision on the play call in seconds and under enormous pressure. Not only that, but now add in the potential pressure of replay challenges, etc. This is vastly different than being the guy who talks to your position group after each drive. Or the guy who installs a game plan during the week and then observes during the game.

Let’s face it, some people can drown out the pressure of the situatiom, ignore everything going on around them, ignore 70,000 screaming fans, and still succeed. It‘s a special talent. Some people just don’t have it. Am I saying that he doesn’t have it? Not necessarily. But the evidence we have seen is that he seems slow on play calls. He doesn’t adjust well to the flow of the game. He tends to rely on a small set of the same plays over and over.

I also found the two running plays he called right after the Buffalo punt return that completely flipped the game to be very suspect. They looked like a crutch to me. Easy calls with minimal thought to allow him to decompress and calm down.

Back
Top Bottom