Zim’s Grades For The Game: Week 3 Edition | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zim’s Grades For The Game: Week 3 Edition

Oh Zim can you have another dream this Saturday where Allen gets sacked 6 times, throws 5 ints and the Fins win 35-0...........evilgrin0007.gif

fair grades overall, as others have said the D still a work in progress at times but 70-20 hard to complain.

Coverage units yesterday was pretty good minus the late return. When that happened, all the DBs were playing defense and looked gassed a bit. I'm not bothered by the return when we're up 50...no one's perfect yet the expectation here watching real-timeare sky high flawed.

Sanders hit all extra points, no fumbled punts or gaffes, solid returns with Berrios, no penalties for fg block units like other teams had, had a great lone punt that flipped fields, and solid coverage as stated earlier.

Yes, the return took a little shine off the game, but they still lost by 50 lol.

The coaching across all units has improved and its a joy to watch. Take off the I hate Crossman glasses because Sanders lost his MOJO, and past preconceptions or perceived ineptitude clouding the overall picture of a unit.

There's a whole lot more to special teams than just returns and coverages, and I see marked improvement from them as a complete unit this year.

Honestly, I thought Sanders looked nervous for that last fg opportunity everyone wanted, so I'm glad we didn't kick there.

I have soured on Sanders and think he needs vetrean competition asap.
I actually think the 10 extra points from that distance will be excellent muscle memory repetition practice for the rest of the season, I look for him to go on a impressive streak

I dont feel pressure to win so play loose and free and let’s see what happens

Crossman might suck but at the end of the day these guys out there on special teams need be better. Time for a couple of guys to be leaders on that unit and get it straightened out.

I would downgrade the defense some. Pass rush was losing contain. Guys flying around the edge, running by Wilson, and he would step up, scramble around and make plays. THeir offense was moving the ball pretty well most of the game. Finally they figured out to pass rush more up the middle. Not sure how much on the players, how much on fangio. They eventually figured it out late in 2h, but it took too long. DBs seemed ok too, not great. Denver had alot of air yards, over 300. If it wasnt for their turnovers, would have had more points. Didnt think it was awful, but dont think A+ grades. Plus should have been super easy for the D, given offense had them way ahead. Defense was better last week, you gave them worse grades, right? Offense was awesome, but to me, the defense across the board, looks like a work in process still and they need to be better. It wont always be this easy.
I dont think we are losing a game when the defense only gives up 13…

Back
Top Bottom