Zim’s Grades For The Game: Week 3 Edition | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zim’s Grades For The Game: Week 3 Edition

Holland also forced the fumble AVG recovered.

I'd give the ST a little slack and bump them up to a B-. They were probably pretty tired by then after all of those kick offs. 10 for 10 on PATs. Berrios had a decent day - shame the hold brought back his nice return
I’m with you on the ST but the hold is a coaching thing to an extent. I’d give them the B- for yesterday but I think Crossman is a lousy coach. He’s had enough time in the job and we consistently suck at covering kicks and punts, rarely ever get a nice return ourselves, got a FG blocked already, suck at FG % accuracy and, oh yeah, our guy misses PATs when we can go up by 3 w a minute left in games. Crossman should have been fired along w Boyer and Applesauce and other coaches McD axed.

Edit : bring back Darren Rizzi. Where’s Mike Westhoff at these days???

Guys!! I had this really weird dream Saturday night that the Dolphins dropped like 70 points and over 700 yards on another NFL team!! It was awesome. I mean…Tua was almost perfect. We had 2 RB’s go for 4 TD’s each…. Even Hill caught a long bomb. What a dream. On to the grades:

QB’s — A + : WTF?? Tua was almost perfect!! The unbelievable part is his backup was perfect when he got into the game in the 4th quarter. Shocking…Isn’t it? Note to the entire rest of the NFL: Disrespect Tua at your own peril.

RB’s — A + : 350 total rushing yards. 8 TD’s by the RB’s alone. I would like to congratulate Achane on his career yesterday. Well done. And we were talking about Taylor and Cook on this site for months. Silly us. Note to NFL GM’s: Please Take the Dolphins off your speed dial if you have a RB to trade. We’re not interested.

WR’s — A + : No waddle? No problem. I’m just sitting here praying the USA doesn’t take our skill guys for the 4 X 100 yard relay in the next Olympics. Note to NFL Defensive Coordinators: You might want to account for Tyreek Hill in your game plan. Just Sayin.

TE’s — A + : Smythe and Hill were blocking all day. They don’t have no time to catch passes. They did a great job. Note to Mike Gesicki: The Move to NE probably isn’t going to work out like you wanted. Just Sayin.

OL — A + : Holy ****. There is no one on this board that called our OL playing like this. Don’t lie and say you did!! I’ll say this…. The locker room guys don’t even have to wash Tua’s jerseys. The money saved on Tide this year will easily be able to afford a new Special Teams Coordinator next season. Note to Me: Apologize to Chris Grier for all of your bashing of him!! Asshole.

DL — A + : This unit was good yesterday. They were hitting Wilson a lot. Pressure was good and we stopped the run as well. Good job by these guys.

LB’s — A + : Van Ginko with the fumble recovery and the run back!! Nice job by all. Even Baker was noticeable. You know it’s a good day when I type that.

DB’s — A + : Holland with a strip. Kohou with a recovery. What a fun day at Hard Rock Stadium yesterday.

ST’s — C : This is the worst part of the team yesterday. To be honest….It’s the kickoff return that killed me. Not to be a buzzkill after the offensive and defensive results…. But Crossman is the worst ST’s Coach in the league. I’m hoping the subpar kickoff coverage unit doesn’t cost us a game at some point. I guess I had to complain about something.

Coaching — A : Crossman is the reason this isn’t an A +. Otherwise, a perfect game plan and perfect play calling by our coaches.

Conclusion: What a day to be a Dolphin Fan. I actually felt sorry for the Bronco fans at Hard Rock yesterday. If we can play like this in Buffalo next week against a very good Bills team…We’re gonna be in the driver’s seat for Home field. Let’s hope we whip some ass again next week.
I agree.

Guys!! I had this really weird dream Saturday night that the Dolphins dropped like 70 points and over 700 yards on another NFL team!! It was awesome. I mean…Tua was almost perfect. We had 2 RB’s go for 4 TD’s each…. Even Hill caught a long bomb. What a dream. On to the grades:

QB’s — A + : WTF?? Tua was almost perfect!! The unbelievable part is his backup was perfect when he got into the game in the 4th quarter. Shocking…Isn’t it? Note to the entire rest of the NFL: Disrespect Tua at your own peril.

RB’s — A + : 350 total rushing yards. 8 TD’s by the RB’s alone. I would like to congratulate Achane on his career yesterday. Well done. And we were talking about Taylor and Cook on this site for months. Silly us. Note to NFL GM’s: Please Take the Dolphins off your speed dial if you have a RB to trade. We’re not interested.

WR’s — A + : No waddle? No problem. I’m just sitting here praying the USA doesn’t take our skill guys for the 4 X 100 yard relay in the next Olympics. Note to NFL Defensive Coordinators: You might want to account for Tyreek Hill in your game plan. Just Sayin.

TE’s — A + : Smythe and Hill were blocking all day. They don’t have no time to catch passes. They did a great job. Note to Mike Gesicki: The Move to NE probably isn’t going to work out like you wanted. Just Sayin.

OL — A + : Holy ****. There is no one on this board that called our OL playing like this. Don’t lie and say you did!! I’ll say this…. The locker room guys don’t even have to wash Tua’s jerseys. The money saved on Tide this year will easily be able to afford a new Special Teams Coordinator next season. Note to Me: Apologize to Chris Grier for all of your bashing of him!! Asshole.

DL — A + : This unit was good yesterday. They were hitting Wilson a lot. Pressure was good and we stopped the run as well. Good job by these guys.

LB’s — A + : Van Ginko with the fumble recovery and the run back!! Nice job by all. Even Baker was noticeable. You know it’s a good day when I type that.

DB’s — A + : Holland with a strip. Kohou with a recovery. What a fun day at Hard Rock Stadium yesterday.

ST’s — C : This is the worst part of the team yesterday. To be honest….It’s the kickoff return that killed me. Not to be a buzzkill after the offensive and defensive results…. But Crossman is the worst ST’s Coach in the league. I’m hoping the subpar kickoff coverage unit doesn’t cost us a game at some point. I guess I had to complain about something.

Coaching — A : Crossman is the reason this isn’t an A +. Otherwise, a perfect game plan and perfect play calling by our coaches.

Conclusion: What a day to be a Dolphin Fan. I actually felt sorry for the Bronco fans at Hard Rock yesterday. If we can play like this in Buffalo next week against a very good Bills team…We’re gonna be in the driver’s seat for Home field. Let’s hope we whip some ass again next week.
Love the grades.

Slight correction: Stud Safety Mr. Jevon Holland forced TWO fumbles that the team recovered.

I would downgrade the defense some. Pass rush was losing contain. Guys flying around the edge, running by Wilson, and he would step up, scramble around and make plays. THeir offense was moving the ball pretty well most of the game. Finally they figured out to pass rush more up the middle. Not sure how much on the players, how much on fangio. They eventually figured it out late in 2h, but it took too long. DBs seemed ok too, not great. Denver had alot of air yards, over 300. If it wasnt for their turnovers, would have had more points. Didnt think it was awful, but dont think A+ grades. Plus should have been super easy for the D, given offense had them way ahead. Defense was better last week, you gave them worse grades, right? Offense was awesome, but to me, the defense across the board, looks like a work in process still and they need to be better. It wont always be this easy.

I would downgrade the defense some. Pass rush was losing contain. Guys flying around the edge, running by Wilson, and he would step up, scramble around and make plays. THeir offense was moving the ball pretty well most of the game. Finally they figured out to rush more up the middle. Not sure how much on the players, how much on fangio. They eventually figured it out late in 2h, but it took too long. DBs seemed ok too, not great. Denver had alot of air yards, over 300. If it wasnt for their turnovers, would have had more points. Didnt think it was awful, but dont think A+ grades. Plus should have been super easy for the D, given offense had them way ahead. Defense was better last week, you gave them worse grades, right? Offense was awesome, but to me, the defense across the board, looks like a work in process still and they need to be better. It wont always be this easy.
13 points on 12 possessions, not counting the KR TD or the final possession

That's what our D did to their O.

Even weighed down by the extra U you have gifted him.
I still feel that the negativity isn’t worthy. He’s one of the best (even since his amazing year) at anything under 50. He’s brutal over 50 since his amazing year. Coaches just have to know what they have. Unfortunately a few of his under 50’s have been at bad times.

Coverage units yesterday was pretty good minus the late return. When that happened, all the DBs were playing defense and looked gassed a bit. I'm not bothered by the return when we're up 50...no one's perfect yet the expectation here watching real-timeare sky high flawed.

Sanders hit all extra points, no fumbled punts or gaffes, solid returns with Berrios, no penalties for fg block units like other teams had, had a great lone punt that flipped fields, and solid coverage as stated earlier.

Yes, the return took a little shine off the game, but they still lost by 50 lol.

The coaching across all units has improved and its a joy to watch. Take off the I hate Crossman glasses because Sanders lost his MOJO, and past preconceptions or perceived ineptitude clouding the overall picture of a unit.

There's a whole lot more to special teams than just returns and coverages, and I see marked improvement from them as a complete unit this year.

Honestly, I thought Sanders looked nervous for that last fg opportunity everyone wanted, so I'm glad we didn't kick there.

I have soured on Sanders and think he needs vetrean competition asap.

I would downgrade the defense some. Pass rush was losing contain. Guys flying around the edge, running by Wilson, and he would step up, scramble around and make plays. THeir offense was moving the ball pretty well most of the game. Finally they figured out to pass rush more up the middle. Not sure how much on the players, how much on fangio. They eventually figured it out late in 2h, but it took too long. DBs seemed ok too, not great. Denver had alot of air yards, over 300. If it wasnt for their turnovers, would have had more points. Didnt think it was awful, but dont think A+ grades. Plus should have been super easy for the D, given offense had them way ahead. Defense was better last week, you gave them worse grades, right? Offense was awesome, but to me, the defense across the board, looks like a work in process still and they need to be better. It wont always be this easy.
I understand what you’re getting at. We did have problems slowing them down until they began fumbling and bumbling. Not sure what to make of our D TBH. They played really well at NE. Not good at LA and decent yesterday. I suspect it’s a work in progres.

Of course I'm going to give it a A+ what exciting time for Dolphins 🏈 football.

Good point. There were a lot of kickoffs. I add also at that time, there were probably a couple of players playing that shouldn't be there. This is just a guess though.
At that point in the game, I'd imagine that 2nd and 3rd string Special Teams players were getting playing time when Denver returned the kickoff for a TD.

Back
Top Bottom