Zim’s Grades For The Game: Week 4 Edition | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zim’s Grades For The Game: Week 4 Edition

The defense reminds me of Tom Olivadotti in terms of style most of the time. I know, I know.... Byron Jones is out and Howard is hobbled. Other than the red zone, we look like an extremely porous defense.

But this bend but don't break style is infuriating to watch. How many games am I going to have to watch the field wide open from 5-10 yards for a pass -- with no one getting to the QB?

There are times where you have to wonder if the scheme is bad, or the defenders don't know their responsibilities. Two prime examples: 1) The first TD against Buffalo. We blitz over the LT leaving a 2 v 1 on the left side? There wasn't another dolphin to cover the second receiver within 15 yards at the snap. 2) in the second half yesterday there was a play where everyone was covered and someone leaked out to the left sideline almost immediately. He was just sitting there waiting while Burrow scanned the field. He catches the ball and goes 8 yards before anyone touches him. How does that happen so often?

They play zone at times, and frankly are not good at it. Their strength is press man. There are other times where just before the snap, or CBs bail and run 10 yards backwards, and it isn't 3rd and 20.

It honestly feels like most 3rd down stops are failures by the offense rather than stops by the defense. Last night I found myself hoping MM could get Vic Fangio to be his DC next year.

The D wouldn't 'bend' near as much with a pass rush

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom