Zim’s Grades For The Game: Week 6 Edition | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zim’s Grades For The Game: Week 6 Edition

I can’t give an A to a player with 0 catches for 0 yards. But…I gave them the B +
Should have been A++ when they had zero drops. Can't catch it if they don't throw it to you. On the other hand, their run blocking (especially J. Hill) has been considerably better than the OL. Hill and Brooks have quietly been huge in the transformation of the running game this year. One or both of these two have been in on most all of the big runs. Brooks is more of a FB than RB, he gets a lot of snaps for someone who doesn't get many carries, he just never lines up in the back field so we don't notice him, but he will be missed if he is out long.

A very slow start ended up only being that… A slow start. Time was a slow start like yesterday was doom on most Sundays. No longer. This offense borders on the ridiculous. It’s honestly something you don’t think you’ll see in a lifetime. As a Dolphins fan….We’re seeing it for the second time (Dan Marino ‘84). How lucky we are. On to the grades.

QB’s — A : Obviously this grade is 99% due to Tua’s great day. 262 yards. 3 TD’s. No Picks. We’re so spoiled this year because that was an average day for Tua. More than the stats, Tua made good decisions yesterday. Very impressive day for Tua. Mike White had an awful pick 6 in cleanup duty… Luckily…It didn’t matter.

RB’s — A : Mostert having the kind of year he’s having at the age of 31 is insane. The question becomes…Is it the system or the player? I’m gonna say it’s the system…But that doesn’t diminish the insane stats that Mostert is putting up. He added another 115 yards to his totals yesterday on 17 carries. A nice day. Ahmed joined in the fun and added 23 yards on 6 totes. However, the most impressive run was the 28 yarder by the rookie Chris Brooks. Let’s hope his injury isn’t too serious because I want to see more of that kid.

TE’s — B + : I can’t give these guys an A when they didn’t have a catch all game… But the great news is…We didn’t need them to. The blocking yesterday was good all day by the TE’s. Nice contribution by this unit.

WR’s — A : I’m pretty sure my heart stopped 3 times watching Hill head to the locker room yesterday. Luckily, it was only for an IV. Regardless, Hill is putting up MVP numbers right now and I don’t want it to stop. My question is: Why do DC’s keep pressing Hill without dedicated safety help? Stupid. Waddle had a good day as well yesterday . I’m very interested to see what Claypool does in this offense.

OL — A + : Here’s a sentence I never thought I’d type: Austin Jackson has been very good this entire year. Amazing really. Here’s a sentence I never thought anyone anywhere would ever type: Eichenberg had a good game yesterday. Shocking. One guy I haven’t given any love to yet this year…Robert Hunt is playing lights out at guard. It all adds up to an A performance.

DL — B + : A good day, not great from these guys yesterday. My issue is they’re giving up too many 5 + yard runs to opposing offenses. However, it was nice to see Wilkins and Sieler be active and record sacks. My opinion here is Grier trades for an interior D Lineman in the next couple weeks. We’ll see.

LB’s — B + : Chubb is playing very well as of late. He had one sack and another taken away by penalty. I’ve been impressed with him lately. Overall, a good day… But again too many long runs given up. Definitely a B + effort.

DB’s — B + : Again, a good not great day. Thielen had 109 and a TD… Too much in my book. Yes, We only gave up 14 points… But my eyes tell me B + here again. Let’s hope Howard’s injury isn’t serious.

ST’s — A : Sanders made all his XP’s. Bailey averaged 48.5 yards per punt. A simple but effective day.

Coaching — A : What more can you say? This offense is historic. We have McDaniel to thank for that. The defense only gave up 14 points yesterday. Let’s hope they’ve turned the corner. Solid day despite the slow start.

Conclusion: I am officially spoiled by this offense. Watching the Monday night game while I type this and I’m finding other teams incredibly boring. Another thought being that I hope we have our A game next Sunday. We’re gonna need it.
Nice one. Regarding Tua, did you see his back roll yesterday when he got pushed hard?

A very slow start ended up only being that… A slow start. Time was a slow start like yesterday was doom on most Sundays. No longer. This offense borders on the ridiculous. It’s honestly something you don’t think you’ll see in a lifetime. As a Dolphins fan….We’re seeing it for the second time (Dan Marino ‘84). How lucky we are. On to the grades.

QB’s — A : Obviously this grade is 99% due to Tua’s great day. 262 yards. 3 TD’s. No Picks. We’re so spoiled this year because that was an average day for Tua. More than the stats, Tua made good decisions yesterday. Very impressive day for Tua. Mike White had an awful pick 6 in cleanup duty… Luckily…It didn’t matter.

RB’s — A : Mostert having the kind of year he’s having at the age of 31 is insane. The question becomes…Is it the system or the player? I’m gonna say it’s the system…But that doesn’t diminish the insane stats that Mostert is putting up. He added another 115 yards to his totals yesterday on 17 carries. A nice day. Ahmed joined in the fun and added 23 yards on 6 totes. However, the most impressive run was the 28 yarder by the rookie Chris Brooks. Let’s hope his injury isn’t too serious because I want to see more of that kid.

TE’s — B + : I can’t give these guys an A when they didn’t have a catch all game… But the great news is…We didn’t need them to. The blocking yesterday was good all day by the TE’s. Nice contribution by this unit.

WR’s — A : I’m pretty sure my heart stopped 3 times watching Hill head to the locker room yesterday. Luckily, it was only for an IV. Regardless, Hill is putting up MVP numbers right now and I don’t want it to stop. My question is: Why do DC’s keep pressing Hill without dedicated safety help? Stupid. Waddle had a good day as well yesterday . I’m very interested to see what Claypool does in this offense.

OL — A + : Here’s a sentence I never thought I’d type: Austin Jackson has been very good this entire year. Amazing really. Here’s a sentence I never thought anyone anywhere would ever type: Eichenberg had a good game yesterday. Shocking. One guy I haven’t given any love to yet this year…Robert Hunt is playing lights out at guard. It all adds up to an A performance.

DL — B + : A good day, not great from these guys yesterday. My issue is they’re giving up too many 5 + yard runs to opposing offenses. However, it was nice to see Wilkins and Sieler be active and record sacks. My opinion here is Grier trades for an interior D Lineman in the next couple weeks. We’ll see.

LB’s — B + : Chubb is playing very well as of late. He had one sack and another taken away by penalty. I’ve been impressed with him lately. Overall, a good day… But again too many long runs given up. Definitely a B + effort.

DB’s — B + : Again, a good not great day. Thielen had 109 and a TD… Too much in my book. Yes, We only gave up 14 points… But my eyes tell me B + here again. Let’s hope Howard’s injury isn’t serious.

ST’s — A : Sanders made all his XP’s. Bailey averaged 48.5 yards per punt. A simple but effective day.

Coaching — A : What more can you say? This offense is historic. We have McDaniel to thank for that. The defense only gave up 14 points yesterday. Let’s hope they’ve turned the corner. Solid day despite the slow start.

Conclusion: I am officially spoiled by this offense. Watching the Monday night game while I type this and I’m finding other teams incredibly boring. Another thought being that I hope we have our A game next Sunday. We’re gonna need it.
Thanks for your thoughts. I do not really know how to grade guys and I think I might do it better than some writers.

Your DL trade— who do we give up?
OL grade— I agree, I am very surprised.
HC— McDaniel’s strength I think is a combo of a keen (gifted?) creative offensive mind with a very player/fan friendly personality.

LOL…. I promised everyone I would stop bashing him…So I did. Admittedly, I was totally wrong on him. He’s put together a powerhouse. Thus the reason I’m an Engineer and not an NFL GM.
Too bad.
GM pay is better.

This offense and their ability to put up points in a hurry has been forcing other teams offenses to become pass heavy while playing catch up high has hiding the inadequacies of our defense. The one game against Buffalo where the offense was slowed down exposed how bad they are when offenses can stick with their game plan. This next stretch of games will show us if we have a true Super Bowl contender.

I'd like to add, great stop by the special teams on the fake punt!!

Some thing for @DZimmer000 regards Chubb.

1st time but still a work in progress.
Noting Chubb's plays

1st series
1-10 - helped make tackle RB
2 - sack big play
3-12 rushed QB but blocked wide
4 punt

2nd Series
1 -10 dropped in coverage
1 -10 helped tackle RB
2 -6 helped push RB out of bounds no gain
3-6 rushed QB didn’t get there
1-10 uncertain on angle may of been Ogbah tackled RB
2-9 DNP Ogbah in
1-G DNP TD Baker off side and made no impact on play

3rd series
1-10 rush QB play went other side
1-10 rush QB got past 2 but ball gone
1-10 no impact
2-8 run up middle no impact
1-10 Ogbah in DNP
2-6 DNP Ogbah no impact
1-10 no impact run up middle
2-5 rushed into pocket but missed tackle on RB
3-3 rushed from right side for 1st time no impact [pen auto 1st down]
1-G rushed QB never got close TD

2nd Quarter

4th series
1-10 DNP
2-6 DNP
1-10 right side stepped inside helped tackle RB
2-7 rushed right side QB never got close
3-7 rushed QB 2 steps away but blocked
4 fake punt

5th series
1-10 right side play run other side no impact
2-11 no impact blocked, run up middle
3-8 spun into middle rush QB but 2 steps short
4 punt

6th series
1-10 rushed QB blocked no impact
2-10 cut inside rushing QB helped push QB wide incomplete pass
3-10 double teamed no impact
1-10 DNP Ogbah in no impact
1-10 DNP Ogbah no impact
2-2 rushed QB pushed deep and wide
3-2 didn’t rush dropped wide made tackle on receiver
4-2 FG missed

3rd Quarter

7th series
1-10 rushed QB blocked 2 steps short
2-5 stepped inside couldn’t arm tackle RB
3-1 stepped forward inside helped tackle RB
1-10 stepped inside and around just missed sacking QB
2-10 didn’t rush no impact
3-6 rushed 1 yard off great pressure on QB helped Wilkins get sack
4 punt

8th series
1-10 DNP Ogbah in no impact
2-4 DNP Ogbah no impact
3-2 DNP Ogbah rushed but blocked wide
1-10 DNP Ogbah rushed blocked 2 steps short but did pressure slightly
2-6 DNP Ogbah missed tackle on RB
3-1 pushed inside just didn’t’t get to RB
1-10 wide no impact on run up middle
2-6 ran wide didn’t et back inside to get RB
3-1 rushed but double teamed
4-1 dropped back into coverage ball thrown other side

4th Quarter

9th series
1-10 dropped into coverage helped make tackle on receiver
1-10 dropped into coverage no impact but Miami sack by Wilkins
2-20 rushed QB double teamed
3-18 rushed from DT position helped put pressure on QB allowed Seiler get sack
4 punt

10th series
1-10 rushed wide didn’t get near RB
2-5 rushed QB beat one but still 2 steps short but quick play/release
1-10 rushed QB got sack but play negated by hold pen on D
1-10 DNP
1-10 DNP
2-10 DNP
3-10 rushed QB but double teamed
4-10 rushed QB but blocked out but overall pressure forced QB to roll to other side incomplete turn over on downs

11th series
1-10 DNP
2-6 DNP
3-4 DNP
4-4 DNP

Overall 1 sack [unlucky pen stopped a second] and helped Wilkins and Sieler get sacks.
Noticed on 3-10 or long plays he was often double teamed.
Did get blocked out often when rushed from wide, seemed to have a greater impact when he cut inside.

Make what you will of it regards Chubbs performance.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom