Zim’s Grades For The Game: Week 8 Edition | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zim’s Grades For The Game: Week 8 Edition

DZimmer000

BJJ Black Belt
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
I love Halloween…..It’s such a fun holiday….People dress up as all kinds of things. For instance:
  • The girl that lives next door to me dressed up as a naughty police woman.
  • I saw a guy dress up as an NFL coach and pretend to know what he was doing. It was so funny……. Oh wait, that one was real. Nevermind.
On to the grades

QB — D : One thing that remains constant is that there is no real way to judge what we have in Tua. Without question he has happy feet in the pocket. It’s affecting his power and accuracy. This offensive line is absolutely atrocious. When he has some time and sets his feet, he’s accurate and makes the right read. The problem is he rarely has time and his feet are going all over the place when he feels pressure. This was evident on multiple throws yesterday. The problem is that Tua doesn’t have Josh Allen’s arm….Or his offensive line….Or his receivers…..or his coaching staff…..or his GM….or his……You get the picture. Anyway, Tua gets the D because of the pick and not getting the offense lined up right about 4 separate times. He has to be better than that.

RB’s — D + Gaskin and Ahmad ran hard yesterday but combined only mustered 58 yards total between them. If you add in the receiving they had 85 yards between them. Obviously the putrid OL in front of these guys didn’t help. That’s what the + is for. I took into acccount the horrible blocking.

WR’s — D : And we have a Parker sighting!!! And we have a Parker drop. And another one! It’s now obvious that Parker went to the Chris Chambers Wide Receiving Academy. He looked like the Best WR in the game for the first half……Then nothing the 2nd. I blame the OL and I blame the OC’s. This stupid Multiple OC experiment has got to end. Regardless…. 1/2 of quality football isn’t what we’re paying Parker for. As for Waddle….29 yards? That’s what we got for the #6 overall pick and a first next year? 29 Yards against a divisional rival ? Nice Job Grier.

TE — D + : 3 catches for 48 yards for Gesicki. That’s it. No one else did anything from this unit to warrant a note here. Pathetic.

OL — F : Again. Hunt and Eichenberg played so bad yesterday that Jackson and Davis actually looked a step above useless. Hunt was astronomically bad yesterday. Obviously, Eichenberg is not an NFL LT. Our new center Reiter wasn’t bad…But that’s like being the tallest Midget. Until this unit gets fixed we won’t :
  • Win consistently….If ever
  • Figure out if Tua is good or horrible
  • Have a running game
  • Have a passing game
ST’s — F : Jason Sanders is regressing. Palardy sucks. No Return game. Below average coverage of kicks and punts. I’d say that about sums it up.

DL — D : In general, we gave up only 102 yards rushing and only allowed Allen 249 yards passing. BUT…. This unit got destroyed in the 2nd half. No pressure at all unless we blitz. I’d like to see us only pay them for the half they actually played.

LB’s — D : I know he’s only 8 games into his career….But I’m not sure that Phillips has it. He does hustle though. Regardless, he not getting close enough to opposing QB’s to se their names on the back of their jerseys. He has to play better. There was a Van Ginko sighting. Someone said it already on this board…But this unit was better without Baker.

DB’s — D : I do not like how they’re being used. AT ALL. On Digg’s Touchdown, X was 8 yards off. Why would you pay X and Jones all that money for Bump and Run coverage and then ask them to play 8 yards off deep in the red zone?? WTF?

Coaching and Front Office — F : How many penalties did we have yesterday? 9? How many times were we misaligned before a snap yesterday? Sorry Brian Flores…You just don’t have it. We weren’t ready to play in any phase yesterday. Oh….And we don’t even have our #1 PICK THIS YEAR BECAUSE OF THAT OTHER IDIOT. Great.

Hunt played pretty well. One of the only bright spots on the line:

X having a rough season:

The misalignment and the illegal shifts were humiliating and as clear a sign you can get that this offence is in complete disarray.

You nailed it by saying there wasn't a single phase that was ready to play. None are getting better. Some a regressing.

We don't even have anyone to turn to - there are absolutely no options in the building as Flores succession plans.

I love Halloween…..It’s such a fun holiday….People dress up as all kinds of things. For instance:
  • I saw a guy dressed as Joe Biden…He was walking around the neighborhood aimlessly.
  • I saw a guy dress up as an NFL coach and pretend to know what he was doing. It was so funny……. Oh wait, that one was real. Nevermind.
On to the grades

QB — D : One thing that remains constant is that there is no real way to judge what we have in Tua. Without question he has happy feet in the pocket. It’s affecting his power and accuracy. This offensive line is absolutely atrocious. When he has some time and sets his feet, he’s accurate and makes the right read. The problem is he rarely has time and his feet are going all over the place when he feels pressure. This was evident on multiple throws yesterday. The problem is that Tua doesn’t have Josh Allen’s arm….Or his offensive line….Or his receivers…..or his coaching staff…..or his GM….or his……You get the picture. Anyway, Tua gets the D because of the pick and not getting the offense lined up right about 4 separate times. He has to be better than that.

RB’s — D + Gaskin and Ahmad ran hard yesterday but combined only mustered 58 yards total between them. If you add in the receiving they had 85 yards between them. Obviously the putrid OL in front of these guys didn’t help. That’s what the + is for. I took into acccount the horrible blocking.

WR’s — D : And we have a Parker sighting!!! And we have a Parker drop. And another one! It’s now obvious that Parker went to the Chris Chambers Wide Receiving Academy. He looked like the Best WR in the game for the first half……Then nothing the 2nd. I blame the OL and I blame the OC’s. This stupid Multiple OC experiment has got to end. Regardless…. 1/2 of quality football isn’t what we’re paying Parker for. As for Waddle….29 yards? That’s what we got for the #6 overall pick and a first next year? 29 Yards against a divisional rival ? Nice Job Grier.

TE — D + : 3 catches for 48 yards for Gesicki. That’s it. No one else did anything from this unit to warrant a note here. Pathetic.

OL — F : Again. Hunt and Eichenberg played so bad yesterday that Jackson and Davis actually looked a step above useless. Hunt was astronomically bad yesterday. Obviously, Eichenberg is not an NFL LT. Our new center Reiter wasn’t bad…But that’s like being the tallest Midget. Until this unit gets fixed we won’t :
  • Have a running game
  • Have a passing game
ST’s — F : Jason Sanders is regressing. Palardy sucks. No Return game. Below average coverage of kicks and punts. I’d say that about sums it up.

DL — D : In general, we gave up only 102 yards rushing and only allowed Allen 249 yards passing. BUT…. This unit got destroyed in the 2nd half. No pressure at all unless we blitz. I’d like to see us only pay them for the half they actually played.

LB’s — D : I know he’s only 8 games into his career….But I’m not sure that Phillips has it. He does hustle though. Regardless, he not getting close enough to opposing QB’s to se their names on the back of their jerseys. He has to play better. There was a Van Ginko sighting. Someone said it already on this board…But this unit was better without Baker.

DB’s — D : I do not like how they’re being used. AT ALL. On Digg’s Touchdown, X was 8 yards off. Why would you pay X and Jones all that money for Bump and Run coverage and then ask them to play 8 yards off deep in the red zone?? WTF?

Coaching and Front Office — F : How many penalties did we have yesterday? 9? How many times were we misaligned before a snap yesterday? Sorry Brian Flores…lYou just don’t have it. We weren’t ready to play in any phase yesterday. Oh….And we don’t even have our #1 PICK THIS YEAR BECAUSE OF THAT OTHER IDIOT. Great.

QB - C - TT looked pretty good until the consistent jail breaks
RB - C
WR - only have 3 - DVP, Gesicki, waddle. BUF took away DVP in 2H. W/RB looked much worse than they are. why? See my coaching grade
OL - RIley impressed me. Hunt wasn't too bad. The rest? F-. FWIW, I couldn't find who had edge responsibility on the D's left. Allen ran that side with no resistence.
Don't know where this goes. Missed FG, but at least in FG range. In red zone and the amazingly inept snap to hit Gesicki. Those two were 6-10 pts on the board. That was keystone Kops
DL - 1H - B. 2H BUF adjusted, Boyer didn't. See Coaching
LB - D. Yeah, improvement minus Baker
DBs - hard to say. went to a lot of off. Going cover 0 in the red zone (coaching). Likely no CB can cover Diggs on that, particularly with no pass rush
Coaching - G- - Do well with game plans. Adjustments? What's that? In a game where everyone knew pts were critical, and, again, play conservative. No screens. No called rollouts.

You are right. It is near impossible to evaluate Tua. My gut is Miami can win with him, but obviously changes need to be made.

It's easy to make the quarterback the scapegoat, but there are just so many problems. Starting with the coaching staff.

Flores and Grier have to go. I don't think that necessarily happens, though. Although a loss to the Texans might convince Ross that it's time.

Sorry but this grading system seems more emotional than fair. We were tied at halftime with the Bills who had a bye week with two weeks to prepare for us.
Were just a couple of ball bounces from probably pulling the upset of the year. The Team played better at times but just made too many mistakes at critical times.

C- should have been the average....not Ds and Fs everywhere be real bro.

Palardy had his best game I think. Can’t give him an F just cause he stinks in general.

I’m defending the punter. That’s it.

I’d MUCH rather have him then Hack or whatever his name is.

Every time he punts I hold my breath. It seems like he takes 15 steps to punt the ball and then when he finally gets it off you never know what you’re going to get.

Austin Jackson was much better, with no pressures. He handled Oliver when they matched up, although Hunt was more sluggish. Yes, they need to be better in forming the pocket and being more consistent but there is some progress. As for consistency, if both guards lose concentration five times, that’s ten possible plays that can get you beat.

We aren’t in the huddle so you never know, but it looked like Reiter gave them some much needed veteran leadership. I saw him talking to the young guys, encouraging etc. He might be the best center we have.

The tackles are the ones who are really struggling. I think Eichenberg will be a good player but he’s inconsistent and gets blown up way too much.

Sorry but this grading system seems more emotional than fair. We were tied at halftime with the Bills who had a bye week with two weeks to prepare for us.
Were just a couple of ball bounces from probably pulling the upset of the year. The Team played better at times but just made too many mistakes at critical times.

C- should have been the average....not Ds and Fs everywhere be real bro.

I agree and thought we played well in the first half

Beasley got going and we had no answer in the second half

Thanks for doing these brother Zim :UP:

• I saw a guy dressed as Joe Biden…He was walking around the neighborhood aimlessly.
On to the grades

• Have a running game
  • Have a passing game

Coaching and Front Office — F : How many penalties did we have yesterday? 9? How many times were we misaligned before a snap yesterday? Sorry Brian Flores…You just don’t have it. We weren’t ready to play in any phase yesterday. Oh….And we don’t even have our #1 PICK THIS YEAR BECAUSE OF THAT OTHER IDIOT. Great.
hard to argue with anything here

I agree and thought we played well in the first half

Beasley got going and we had no answer in the second half

Thanks for doing these brother Zim :UP:
Good point. I think the Buffalo staff made an adjustment because they weren't doing so well on Byron Jones in particular. So they went to Beasley. He's Needham's kryptonite. Lot of veteran savvy there.

But in terms of coaching, we were unable to counter their adjustment.

On to the grades

• Have a running game
  • Have a passing game

Palardy averaged 52 yards a punt.

Back
Top Bottom