Zim’s Grades For The Game: Week 8 Edition | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zim’s Grades For The Game: Week 8 Edition

DZimmer000

BJJ Black Belt
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Ha Ha Ha!! ****en Pats fans are losing their minds over Tua and the Dolphins ownership of that shitty Boston area franchise. I love it. Was it a perfect game? No…. But we don’t need perfect to win…We can win with pretty good. Unlike the Patriots. Anyway…..On to the grades:

QB — B + : The pick wasn’t a good throw into a coverage Tua got fooled by. Regardless, he bounced back strong and throws the bomb to Tyreek. Tua is nothing if not mentally strong and it’s great to see. Also great to see is Tua going 30 of 45 for 324 yards and 3 TD’s vs a Bill Belichick defense. Tua gets dinged for the pick and the 2nd half fumble but he was good the rest of the day. Solid B+ effort.

RB’s — B - : Obviously, these guys were running behind a patchwork OL so that will affect the grade somewhat. On the positive side, there were really no mental errors by this group yesterday unless you consider the fumble at the beginning of the 2nd half as Mostert’s fault. On the negative side, while yesterday’s effort was workman like, there really were no game breaking plays by these guys. I’m giving them a B - but the OL has to factor in here.

TE’s — B + : Smythe had 3 catches for 28 yards and Julian Hill had his first ever NFL catch for 4 yards. Congratulations to him. A good effort blocking as well yesterday by these guys. B +.

WR’s — A : What more can you say? The two best receivers in the game proved it yesterday. They Patriots had allowed zero 100 yard receiving games before yesterday. Hill and Waddle both went over 100 yesterday. There was a Claypool sighting yesterday as well. Great game by all involved. A effort.

OL — B : Considering that this is basically a MASH unit, they played pretty well all things considered. They only gave up 2 sacks yesterday. They could have done a better job in the running game. Hunt going down hurts big time. Let’s hope he’ll be back next week and It was good to see Lamm get back in the game. We’ll need Williams back next week and it would be great to see Armstead back as well. Good overall job by this group.

DL — B + : Wilkins was disruptive all day yesterday and recorded a sack. Nice game by him. I still want to see these guys stop the run a little better….But a good day overall.

LB’s — A : Chubb is on fire with 4 sacks on his last 3 games. It’s really nice to see. Phillips was so good yesterday and added another sack. Long had a good day and even Baker was active. Impressive.

DB’s — A : Note to NFL QB’s…DO NOT THROW TO JALEN RAMSEY’S SIDE OF THE FIELD!! Great pick by him yesterday. When we get the secondary at full strength, we’re gonna be scary. My thought is that our Dime defense is easily going to be one of the best in the league. I mean….Even Eli Apple had a good day yesterday. Scary stuff indeed.

ST’s — B + : Bailey knocked one through the end zone that could have pinned the Pats down….So much for some touch on the ball. Sanders was Solid and Berrios had a decent day on returns.

Coaching — A : Good overall game plans by Mc D and Fangio yesterday. Nothing bad to say especially when you sweep the Patriots. It feels so good.

Conclusion : We’ll a 6-2 start is as good as can be expected….But we have a crucial game in Germany Sunday. We are going to have to make sure not to let Kelce beat us. The problem is we always struggle with TE’s. We need to change that Sunday. We need this win. I’m excited to see what the rest of this year is gonna bring.

Ha Ha Ha!! ****en Pats fans are losing their minds over Tua and the Dolphins ownership of that shitty Boston area franchise. I love it. Was it a perfect game? No…. But we don’t need perfect to win…We can win with pretty good. Unlike the Patriots. Anyway…..On to the grades:

QB — B + : The pick wasn’t a good throw into a coverage Tua got fooled by. Regardless, he bounced back strong and throws the bomb to Tyreek. Tua is nothing if not mentally strong and it’s great to see. Also great to see is Tua going 30 of 45 for 324 yards and 3 TD’s vs a Bill Belichick defense. Tua gets dinged for the pick and the 2nd half fumble but he was good the rest of the day. Solid B+ effort.

RB’s — B - : Obviously, these guys were running behind a patchwork OL so that will affect the grade somewhat. On the positive side, there were really no mental errors by this group yesterday unless you consider the fumble at the beginning of the 2nd half as Mostert’s fault. On the negative side, while yesterday’s effort was workman like, there really were no game breaking plays by these guys. I’m giving them a B - but the OL has to factor in here.

TE’s — B + : Smythe had 3 catches for 28 yards and Julian Hill had his first ever NFL catch for 4 yards. Congratulations to him. A good effort blocking as well yesterday by these guys. B +.

WR’s — A : What more can you say? The two best receivers in the game proved it yesterday. They Patriots had allowed zero 100 yard receiving games before yesterday. Hill and Waddle both went over 100 yesterday. There was a Claypool sighting yesterday as well. Great game by all involved. A effort.

OL — B : Considering that this is basically a MASH unit, they played pretty well all things considered. They only gave up 2 sacks yesterday. They could have done a better job in the running game. Hunt going down hurts big time. Let’s hope he’ll be back next week and It was good to see Lamm get back in the game. We’ll need Williams back next week and it would be great to see Armstead back as well. Good overall job by this group.

DL — B + : Wilkins was disruptive all day yesterday and recorded a sack. Nice game by him. I still want to see these guys stop the run a little better….But a good day overall.

LB’s — A : Chubb is on fire with 4 sacks on his last 3 games. It’s really nice to see. Phillips was so good yesterday and added another sack. Long had a good day and even Baker was active. Impressive.

DB’s — A : Note to NFL QB’s…DO NOT THROW TO JALEN RAMSEY’S SIDE OF THE FIELD!! Great pick by him yesterday. When we get the secondary at full strength, we’re gonna be scary. My thought is that our Dime defense is easily going to be one of the best in the league. I mean….Even Eli Apple had a good day yesterday. Scary stuff indeed.

ST’s — B + : Bailey knocked one through the end zone that could have pinned the Pats down….So much for some touch on the ball. Sanders was Solid and Berrios had a decent day on returns.

Coaching — A : Good overall game plans by Mc D and Fangio yesterday. Nothing bad to say especially when you sweep the Patriots. It feels so good.

Conclusion : We’ll a 6-2 start is as good as can be expected….But we have a crucial game in Germany Sunday. We are going to have to make sure not to let Kelce beat us. The problem is we always struggle with TE’s. We need to change that Sunday. We need this win. I’m excited to see what the rest of this year is gonna bring.
Thanks Zim.

This may be seen as a minor thing, but Berrios may not get enough credit for the job he does on punt returns. First, he attacks the ball and doesn’t look like he’s even going to come close to muffing it. Then he gets upfield quickly and makes some guys miss while doing it. 9 yards per return is really really good. He’s not letting even a yard of field position slip - and he did it again yesterday.

Tua gets an A in my book. Anytime you put up 31 points and those numbers against a Belichick D, it’s an A grade.
I can see that. After the first couple of drives he got real comfy and was locked in. Made big throws every time he needed to. Even the scramble on 4th was money.

Tua definitely an A minus yesterday. The offense ran thru him with very little help from the running game. The bomb to Tyreek who beat double coverage and the laser to Wilson were perfect.
The secondary was a B in my opinion. Ramsey was excellent but they still left a lot of room over the middle of the field. Brandon Jones is playing hesitant and gifted Jones a TD pass when he slowed down following a receiver across the formation and didn’t run thru the pick.

Can we stop and just think about the schematic improvements in year two

I mean we literally have the highest graded Oline lol and Tua is able to go downfield longer and faster than anyone in history??

Can we stop and just think about the schematic improvements in year two

I mean we literally have the highest graded Oline lol and Tua is able to go downfield longer and faster than anyone in history??
It’s gorgeous! I try to explain how special it is to my wife and she’s all like, “wow…that’s nice.”

NICE?!?!?! Why did I marry you again?!

This may be seen as a minor thing, but Berrios may not get enough credit for the job he does on punt returns. First, he attacks the ball and doesn’t look like he’s even going to come close to muffing it. Then he gets upfield quickly and makes some guys miss while doing it. 9 yards per return is really really good. He’s not letting even a yard of field position slip - and he did it again yesterday.
Such a great addition to this team.

Tua B??? WTF
Dude, patriots stopped the running game dead in its tracks. Tua had to make throw after throw in the fourth quarter to keep the chains moving and run the clock down.
An easy A
Come on man

Tua B??? WTF
Dude, patriots stopped the running game dead in its tracks. Tua had to make throw after throw in the fourth quarter to keep the chains moving and run the clock down.
An easy A
Come on man
He did have that bad interception, though. I think B+ is about right. Outstanding except for the one miscue.

Back
Top Bottom