Zim’s Grades Week 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zim’s Grades Week 5

DZimmer000

BJJ Black Belt
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
The question before the game was....Which Fitz would show up today? Well....Fitz Magic showed up and brought the Miami Dolphins we’ve been waiting to see with him. The Grades:

QB - A : Might have been one of Fitz’s best games as a pro. He was accurate, on time and just fun to watch. When he’s on, we’re tough to beat.

RB’s - B+ : Good game overall. The running was good. The pass receiving was good. The pass blocking was even good. Brieda was good. He can definitely move. Gaskin also looked good and made good decisions with the ball.

TE’s - B+ : Effective and efficient game from the TE’s. Shaheen with a TD. A few nice catches from Gesicki. Good blocking on runs as well. Well Done.

WR’s - A- : Except for Grant, this unit was very good today. Separation and good route running was the norm all day. Grant and a couple drops prevent this from being an A+.

OL - A : I cannot believe we finally have an OL with some depth. Hunt played well today for his first game. He failed to anchor a couple times.... But in general he was good. Kindley was good and Davis more than held his own at LT. Very well done by this unit.

DL - B+ : I usually have this unit as the worst on the team. Not today. Ogbah has played really well the past 2 weeks. We got a ton of pressure. 5 sacks. We got pushed around on a few runs.... But in general, very good game from the DL today.

LB’s - A : Van Ginkel was fierce out there. Baker looked good in coverage and Van Noy played well. What more can you say? We even saw Eguaven show up. Nice tilt by these guys.

DB’s - A+ : Wow. This is what it should look like. X was on point. Jones was like a blanket out there. Good tackling. The safeties showed up. 2 picks. By far the best game of the year for these guys.

ST’s - B+ : Grant brings this grade down again. His worst day as a pro all the way around. Sanders is MONEY. Haack was good as well.

Coaching and GM - A : I’m typically hyper tough on these guys. However, you have to give credit where it’s due. Great game planning by the coaching staff. We targeted their CB Allen so much that San Fran had to pull him. Nice job on O and D this week. Our most complete game so far this year. And as much as I dislike Grier and blast him about his drafts.....Maybe I was wrong on all of that. Hunt played well today. Is it possible we have 3 rookie O linemen that are players in this league? That would be awesome. Nice job by Grier there.

I’m with you on being tough on the coaching. I am not a fan of either offensive or defensive schemes or personnel usage. Today however, we finally got to see d line stunts, robber blitzes, and well disguised coverages and blitz packages. It was refreshing and exciting to watch. I give the coaching staff top marks for their game plan today and hope it can continue and be built upon as the season continues.

The online was simply amazing especially since there were 2 players playing a new position. It was fun to see actual pockets and good blitz pickups. There were a couple of free rushers but that‘s more due to the play call on offense or a well designed blitz. my litmus test for how well the online did is would I feel comfortable having Tua back there, the answer is a resounding yes!

Gesicki, Parker, and Williams came to play. Williams was finally getting some separation and showed good hands, concentration and footwork, all which has been troubling for him this season. I love that he got his first 100 yard game and hope it’s the first of many. Parker continues to impress with his savvy and toughness.He was signaling Fitz on that 3rd and long TD and I love the confidence he’s showing. Gesicki got off of the milk carton for the longest redemption I can remember from a Dolphins TD. Rumor has it he was open like this last weekso I’d expect more big plays in the future.

My only negative from this game was Jakeem Grant. I’ve wanted him off of our team for a while now because he’s too trick or treat. Well the tricks have out weighed the treats by a lot for a long time now. He’s still muffing punts, dropping passes, and running backwards. I love the skill set, just not the football intelligence. This team actually improves when he’s cut as I think Perry could fill his roll quite nicely and without making us hold our collective breaths every time he trots out there.

Look who shows up once Mia throws it first deep balls of the year.. maybe just maybe Preston is not the type of WR you want staying in a 10 yard box. PI Magento

Look who shows up once Mia throws it first deep balls of the year.. maybe just maybe Preston is not the type of WR you want staying in a 10 yard box. PI Magento

I liked the quick slant the most cause it showed the ability to win inside quickly and separate. Which is critical to his ceiling.

That first catch I mean the db is in phase exactly where he should be. Preston gets away with a bit of a push off obviously lol

That kid didn’t know how to play to his leverage and the boundary at all.

Grant needs to go. I like him but the negative plays are too much when there isn’t anything on the other side.

Grant does add something to the mix of receivers. It is just a shame that he underperforms. He probaboy doesnot make the team next year.

I liked the quick slant the most cause it showed the ability to win inside quickly and separate. Which is critical to his ceiling.

That first catch I mean the db is in phase exactly where he should be. Preston gets away with a bit of a push off obviously lol

Its weird I said to myself while watching the game is that catch he had when they were on the 50.

I said that is a receiver right there. It wasn't anything special or spectacular, but it was just smooth. For some reason it caught my attention.

I agree and when fully healthy I think his footwork and cutting ability is really nice for his size.. but until healthy let the kid use his size.

Bowden I believe is a returner. Let him take over. Bench grant

Everyone hates on Grant and maybe it’s called for but I think he sticks. His speed is the only thing similar to what Tua has had Alabama. Once Tua steps in is when I think we see why Grant is here. You can teach almost everything but you can’t teach speed and Grants is world class speed. We’ve barely even attempted deep balls this year

Back
Top Bottom