ZOMG, the Pats just drafted a QB in the 3rd round, is this the end for Tom Brady?!?!? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ZOMG, the Pats just drafted a QB in the 3rd round, is this the end for Tom Brady?!?!?

Lenny

Starter
Reaction score
Or could it possibly be that this was the highest rated guy on their board so they took him?

Same thing with Henne. It wasn't a vote for or against Beck (or McCown for that matter), it was simply taking the best player available.

FYI: The Pats took Kevin O Connell from SDSU with pick 31 in the 3rd round.

Henne was taken because we still have a question mark at quarterback. I'm a huge John Beck fan but the truth is I have no idea if he can be the quarterback he was hyped up to be.

Having Henne/Beck/Mccown battle it out in Training camp is the right thing to do. If Henne wins, then I'm all for Henne starting. Same goes for any of the other guys.

Henne filled a hole that we needed. This QB the Patriots took might've been BPA.

Henne was taken because we still have a question mark at quarterback. I'm a huge John Beck fan but the truth is I have no idea if he can be the quarterback he was hyped up to be.

Having Henne/Beck/Mccown battle it out in Training camp is the right thing to do. If Henne wins, then I'm all for Henne starting. Same goes for any of the other guys.

Henne filled a hole that we needed. This QB the Patriots took might've been BPA.

Oh ok so when Parcells' protege takes a QB in the 3rd round it's because it's the best player available but when Parcells himself takes a QB it's because we have a big question mark at quarterback?

Puh-leeeze

the pats figure the will kill teams by so much they want a young qb that is willing to play a lot. connel>henne

He was probably highest rated on their board, and O'Connell is a project they probably felt would be best suited to learn from Tom Brady on hand. Cassell's probably gone after this year (UFA), and maybe it leads to a trade involving him.

Oh ok so when Parcells' protege takes a QB in the 3rd round it's because it's the best player available but when Parcells himself takes a QB it's because we have a big question mark at quarterback?

Puh-leeeze
considering how much speculation we've heard before the draft regarding Parcells liking Henne, i can safely say it was more than just a BPA situation.

Either way you look at we needed a Quarterback, which is one of the strongest disagreements I have had with Kiper.

Regardless of whether the new regime feels John Beck is going to be a solid starter, the fact is he has not proved it yet. While I think he will eventually turn out to be a very good Quarterback, you always want to draft not only for depth but all the good teams will always have a young guy that they are developing behind their assumed starter. If Henne ends up outdeveloping Beck, that's a good problem to have.

You can burn a pick on a developmental guy in the 3rd when you were 18-0 with an HOF QB. When you're 1-15 with a bunch of holes, it says you need QB.

You can't rush to conclusions like this man. Just becuase the Patriots drafted a Q.B. doesn't mean it's the end of Tom Brady.

I have to give credit where credit is due. Jet fans screaming "18-1, 18-1" right before the Pats made this pick was the funniest moment of the draft so far.

Wasted pick by the Pats....Brady will be there at least five more years.

i cant believe them dipsheets took the qb i wanted the fins to take i hope the pats fall flat on their face this year.

Back
Top Bottom