Dolphins Offense Will Be on a Different Level in 2024 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Offense Will Be on a Different Level in 2024

I mean to say that it usually means the team signed a big player in free agency, that didn’t so the only reach difference are a couple of down grades on the Oline, hopefully better health which brings it back up to par, Joni smith and Jalen wright

I don’t know if that’s enough to put it on another level but perhaps Odell might give it a bump

Of course Raheem's gonna say that. But if you take an objective look at everything, it's certainly possible if:

- McD pulls his head out of his ass when teams see through the smoke.
- Tua can improve even a little under pressure/off-script.
- The OL can pick up where they left off last year and improve as a unit, under a coach that has proven to get improvement.
- We can catch just a "little" luck with the injury gods (get Jobu in here!).
- The young kids can absorb the playbook and contribute (M. Washington/Wright). They both have the tools, just need the mental.
- Jonnu can be incorporated as a weapon in this system...he could make a big impact on the off-script.

If we get most of this, especially the first point, I think we'll see it, and it could be scary.

Of course Raheem's gonna say that. But if you take an objective look at everything, it's certainly possible if:

- The OL can pick up where they left off last year and improve as a unit, under a coach that has proven to get improvement.
- The young kids can absorb the playbook and contribute (M. Washington/Wright). They both have the tools, just need the mental.
- Jonnu can be incorporated as a weapon in this system...he could make a big impact on the off-script.

If we get most of this, especially the first point, I think we'll see it, and it could be scary.

Catching an injury break is probably the #1 thing that can help this team improve to the next level.

Some of the game plans and especially the execution against the top tier teams needs to improve.

Last edited:
Catching an injury break is probably the #1 thing that can help this team improve to the next level.

Some of the game plans and especially the execution against the top tier teams needs to improve.
Or.....plan better for the injuries that will eventually occur. This seems to be our path as we are gathering more and more depth quality players.

1714730376874.jpeg

A ton of negativity on here for the league's leading offense last year. First in yards, first in passing yards, 6th in rushing yards, and 2nd in points. Y'all are acting like it's Mike Sherman making Tannehill say "hut" or "hut hut" depending if it is a run or pass.

I for one am happy to have a QB and a HC/play caller going into year three together. How long has it been since we've had that? Consistency is huge, and will only help this offense get better and better. Throw in some more weapons and hopefully a serviceable at worst second round OL ... This is what almost every other fan base in the league wants.

As far as the OP, I wouldn't be surprised if the offense is even better this season, and the team. I suspect McDaniel has learned some things, and I'm not as inclined to feel the players we lost were as irreplaceable as I thought they'd be a few months ago. A lot will hinge on the offensive line play and key players staying healthy. I'm pretty optimistic this is going to be a better team this year than last season.

It’s all on McD’s offense
Is this guy gonna finally grow up and stop relying on one WR? Can he stop going into full moron mode on fourth and inches?
I do not perceive McD as bullheaded so I expect growth and learning as a HC.
I think that includes getting plays in quicker and running the ball more often on the third or fourth and ones.

A ton of negativity on here for the league's leading offense last year. First in yards, first in passing yards, 6th in rushing yards, and 2nd in points. Y'all are acting like it's Mike Sherman making Tannehill say "hut" or "hut hut" depending if it is a run or pass.

I for one am happy to have a QB and a HC/play caller going into year three together. How long has it been since we've had that? Consistency is huge, and will only help this offense get better and better. Throw in some more weapons and hopefully a serviceable at worst second round OL ... This is what almost every other fan base in the league wants.

Except full year stats can be fuzzy. even with the most starters healthy, the O was worse in 2H and even worse in 4Q. Worse, that was consistent throughout 17 games and worse as injuries piled up and competition became better. Those are glaring examples Mcd was figured out every game and had no answers.
As others have said, the IOL was the weakest link.
I agree with some here - TT is a top 5 QB and Mcd has proven to be a very good play caller as long as he has no stress. This O can be dangerous if Mcd can exorcise his demons.

Or.....plan better for the injuries that will eventually occur. This seems to be our path as we are gathering more and more depth quality players.

I think they did and were extremely conservative in not rushing guys back of injury etc.

S Florida is a different animal on these players.

Back
Top Bottom