Dolphins Offense Will Be on a Different Level in 2024 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Offense Will Be on a Different Level in 2024

I do not perceive McD as bullheaded so I expect growth and learning as a HC.
I think that includes getting plays in quicker and running the ball more often on the third or fourth and ones.
He’s gotta stop w the sideways stuff on those downs. It’s like every time. Mix it in, sure. But the whole league knew we were going lateral or behind the LOS on those downs by mid season and sold out on those plays. And blew most of them up.

The offensive improvement from year one to year two under McDaniel was very impressive.

It's also crystal clear now what kind of players McDaniel wants. It's all about speed, explosion and big plays. Moving up for Wright is another example. Virtually every skill position player has homerun ability.

If McDaniel can make some tweaks and adjustments on offense, there's no reason it can't be better. Specifically, the team needs to do a better job converting in short yardage. Keep the chains moving.

Sorry but none of this will matter if our o line isn't solid... its like the tiniest little hole on a wooden boat. At first it's manageable but after a while the walls come crashing in and the ship sinks. I hope that doesn't happen but I don't feel like we upgraded the o line enough. We literally are doing the same thing we did last year. Grier must not be worried about the line again.

Except full year stats can be fuzzy. even with the most starters healthy, the O was worse in 2H and even worse in 4Q. Worse, that was consistent throughout 17 games and worse as injuries piled up and competition became better. Those are glaring examples Mcd was figured out every game and had no answers.
As others have said, the IOL was the weakest link.
I agree with some here - TT is a top 5 QB and Mcd has proven to be a very good play caller as long as he has no stress. This O can be dangerous if Mcd can exorcise his demons.

I'd disagree with your statement on whole year stats being fuzzy. If anything, those show consistency throughout a year. They include good games and bad - play versus good teams and bad. If after 17 games your team is sitting at the top of offensive categories then they've done a great job.

But yes, there are still some areas of improvement. Of course, why wouldn't there be? Injuries really stink at the end of last year. Still, I don't think that takes away of the crazy good product that the offense put out there last year.

It's year three with a play caller and QB. They've been to the playoffs twice with winning records. It's a good trajectory and I don't think it's the doom and gloom many posters make it out to be (not inferring you)

I'd disagree with your statement on whole year stats being fuzzy. If anything, those show consistency throughout a year. They include good games and bad - play versus good teams and bad. If after 17 games your team is sitting at the top of offensive categories then they've done a great job.

But yes, there are still some areas of improvement. Of course, why wouldn't there be? Injuries really stink at the end of last year. Still, I don't think that takes away of the crazy good product that the offense put out there last year.

It's year three with a play caller and QB. They've been to the playoffs twice with winning records. It's a good trajectory and I don't think it's the doom and gloom many posters make it out to be (not inferring you)

Valid points, but I can't see consistently bad 2H and worse 4Q as being anything other than troubling. Again, Mcd was masterful in most 1H, but he seemed to brain freeze in 4Q. I think it was ONE TD in the 4Q of the last five games. As good as the O was, imagine what that O could have been with adjustments.
I still think the talent is there for another playoff appearance. A few things have to go right, but this is a quality team.

Valid points, but I can't see consistently bad 2H and worse 4Q as being anything other than troubling. Again, Mcd was masterful in most 1H, but he seemed to brain freeze in 4Q. I think it was ONE TD in the 4Q of the last five games. As good as the O was, imagine what that O could have been with adjustments.
I still think the talent is there for another playoff appearance. A few things have to go right, but this is a quality team.
We had the same problem the year before. We just couldn't score in the 4th quarter.

I think McD wasn't figured out, I think due to all of the critical injuries across the board the offense was scaled back to easy mode.

Claypool couldn't be trusted to run a deep out, I'm surprised the line was able to block that long. A hobbled Hill significantly affected offensive play-calling.

Learn from the past, add new pieces, new wrinkles and go full throttle. Take the "us against the world mentality" and go get what's ours 🏆

When a coach leads a team to a top 5 offensive output over the course of 2 consecutive 17 game seasons, he hasn’t been “figured out”. Saying that is an all time reach.

Oh, and the offense will be top 5 again. Pretty good for a first time HC who doesn’t know what he’s doing.

A ton of negativity on here for the league's leading offense last year. First in yards, first in passing yards, 6th in rushing yards, and 2nd in points. Y'all are acting like it's Mike Sherman making Tannehill say "hut" or "hut hut" depending if it is a run or pass.

I for one am happy to have a QB and a HC/play caller going into year three together. How long has it been since we've had that? Consistency is huge, and will only help this offense get better and better. Throw in some more weapons and hopefully a serviceable at worst second round OL ... This is what almost every other fan base in the league wants.
Agree the overall output was outstanding but the issue is what happens va teams like the Ravens Chiefs and Bills. They all handled this offense effectively.

Catching an injury break is probably the #1 thing that can help this team improve to the next level.

Some of the game plans and especially the execution against the top tier teams needs to improve.
Yep. Hard to imagine Miami having the sheer volume of injuries the team had in 2023. And to so many key players.

A lot of talent left the building, but the depth looks a lot better.

In addition, not sure any team has better skill players than the Dolphins??? The tight end room is a little light, but wide receiver may be best in the NFL and running back is at least top third, no?

Back
Top Bottom