Proof The Dolphins Tampering Penalty Was About Flores, And Not Tampering? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Proof The Dolphins Tampering Penalty Was About Flores, And Not Tampering?

Evidence?

Everyone else seems to think it was clear as day that Vic Fangio put effort into projecting himself as a short-term DC.

My hypothesis is that Fangio acted indifferent because he and Dolphins both understood the nature of their short-term relationship and thus he was free to act how he wanted so long as certain coaching & game-planning boxes were checked for the 2023 season. That's the simplest explanation--that Fangio acted as someone in his position with the freedom to do so would.

Your claims paint Fangio as evil (which I've never heard said of him) and the Miami Dolphins as naive and stupid (which I've never heard said of them).

Occam's razor DJ.
So you’re saying Fangio was upfront with the dolphins about moving on as soon as the job he wanted opened up?

If true then it’s obvious his committment to our team was not there.

that would fit what i appeared to me to be his general personality profile - immature, intransigent, not good at working with others, etc. no different than what happened with minkah fitzpatrick. head coach is a management role, in fact, management and people skills might be more important to being a good HC than the X's and O's (still important, but assistants deal with a lot of that too, HC needs to get the players to play hard and do what they are supposed to do and keep the ship running smoothly). i think this is what got flores fired. he was impossible to deal with. acted the same way out the door as he did when he was here.
he might very well be all those things but, when your owner and GM are making on the field football decisions, as a head coach you’re fooked

Article linked to below about LaVonte David hinting that Tampa tampered with Brady. Is what the Dolphins did any different from what Tampa did? In fact I could argue less bad, for a variety of reasons. Tampa ended up with the player, Miami did not. When Miami was alleged to have tampered, Brady's deal wasn't even up. The evidence against Tampa is also a lot clearer, because Arians spoke about it publicly. And yet Miami got popped bigly for tampering, and nothing for Tampa except a Super Bowl ring? Hmmmm. Yup. Flores. That was this years 3rd rounder too. My 2 cents.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profo...ntial-tom-brady-tampering-by-the-bucs-in-2020
In this climate, anything is possible.

Is this thread about what Flo did or VF? I'm confused!!
ha me too. sadly it got forked into the fangio direction by someone. there is another thread for that! anyway from my perspective, the flores thing is more straightforward. we know exactly how he behaved, because he was the head coach and visible and his decisions and behavior were clear (minkah, tua, suing, etc). fangio, very unclear, he was more or less hidden from us. very challenging to really know what happened with the whole thing in my view. therefore i do not have the same angst about fangio as i do with flores

ha me too. sadly it got forked into the fangio direction by someone. there is another thread for that! anyway from my perspective, the flores thing is more straightforward. we know exactly how he behaved, because he was the head coach and visible and his decisions and behavior were clear (minkah, tua, suing, etc). fangio, very unclear, he was more or less hidden from us. very challenging to really know what happened with the whole thing in my view. therefore i do not have the same angst about fangio as i do with flores
I really really really do not like Flores. I wish nothing but bad things for him. It really pisses me off when ppl pull the ****ing race card in an organization that is probably one of the least racist organizations out there... I mean, good lord, half of the NFL is black for Christ sakes

Never like Flo!!
Now I absolutely hate that POS!!

Others may not agree.

But I personally feel Flores stunted the first 2 years of Tuas growth.

Of course, we all have opinions on Flo..

However, with that opinion, I tend to view Tuas growth as this being his 3rd year, last year his 2nd.

I know its really his 5th year. But I just don't feel right counting the first 2 years when a coach appears to be trying to hinder his QB more then help him grow.

Either way, he's gone. It's over. We lost draft picks on a QB we didn't get.

When Atlanta is found to have tampered, they better receive, atleast the same punishment. Personally, I think it should be more as they were successful in getting the QB.

Same with Philly.

If not, would Miami have any rights to grievance or appeal or suit?

I mean, it would be great if Miami could say they lost a 1st and 3rd. Atlanta only a 3rd. For the same thing. We deserve a 1st or the 33rd pick in the next draft as compensation

So you’re saying Fangio was upfront with the dolphins about moving on as soon as the job he wanted opened up?

If true then it’s obvious his committment to our team was not there.

Yeah, I don't think Vic Fangio has time for games. He took the Miami job when it was the best job available.

And when his ideal gig opened up he probably had a serious sit-down with McDaniel (and maybe Grier at some point). Things like that happen all the time. Most likely scenario is that the Dolphins had no obvious alternative DC readily available and simply negotiated terms that kept Fangio aboard for at least 1-year while they scouted what their options were.

That explains why Fangio stuck around and why he was never fully engaged. Miami figured 1 year of Vic was better than nothing and Vic did the right thing which was to serve the Dolphins rather than just up and quitting.

To think Miami didn't know what Fangio was thinking is stupid when every fan in the world (including yourself) claim to read him just fine.

And I also think acting like one of the most respect and senior DCs in the business is a snake in the grass is pretty weird as well. There's no evidence to paint Vic as that kind of personality.

Warning signs were right there from the beginning when in one of is press conferences he said he hadn't watched any tape of our players from last year.

His demeanour every Friday was of someone who didn't want to be there, his short, curt answers at every press conference was like "Why do I need to answer these?"
While being the highest paid assistant in the NFL.

A-Hole.

Yeah, I don't think Vic Fangio has time for games. He took the Miami job when it was the best job available.

And when his ideal gig opened up he probably had a serious sit-down with McDaniel (and maybe Grier at some point). Things like that happen all the time. Most likely scenario is that the Dolphins had no obvious alternative DC readily available and simply negotiated terms that kept Fangio aboard for at least 1-year while they scouted what their options were.

That explains why Fangio stuck around and why he was never fully engaged. Miami figured 1 year of Vic was better than nothing and Vic did the right thing which was to serve the Dolphins rather than just up and quitting.

To think Miami didn't know what Fangio was thinking is stupid when every fan in the world (including yourself) claim to read him just fine.

And I also think acting like one of the most respect and senior DCs in the business is a snake in the grass is pretty weird as well. There's no evidence to paint Vic as that kind of personality.
we disagree on many levels :)

Warning signs were right there from the beginning when in one of is press conferences he said he hadn't watched any tape of our players from last year.

His demeanour every Friday was of someone who didn't want to be there, his short, curt answers at every press conference was like "Why do I need to answer these?"
unacceptable and indicting

Glad we moved on from him , but we still need to win our division and a playoff game.. right now we are the same as we were with or without him

Been saying that since the beginning and was laughed at.

Tampering was the vessel, that was the league spanking Ross for being obtuse about the tank for Tua campaign.

Back
Top Bottom