#1 Pick Opinions | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

#1 Pick Opinions

CC Coach

Starter
Reaction score
Who will Saban pick from these options: Holmes, Jackson, Sims or Whitner?
I think Wimberly is also an option, but he will be gone before the #16 pick.
Sims may have the biggest potential as an impact player, but Holmes is probably the most likely to contribute next year.

Whitner and Holmes would be my guesses from those, but I can think of 2 guys not on that list that are just as likely (Cromartie and Allen).

im starting to think more and mre that we are going to take holmes.hes a good pick up but i prefer chad jackson

With the 16th pick in the 2006 NFL draft the Miami Dolphins select Donte Whitner, S, Ohio State. Look guys, our safeties are pathetic and Whitner would be a guy that could step in and make a difference for us at FS or SS. I'm in favor of drafting 2 potential starting safeties in this draft, but we at least need to get 1 of em. I would love to go with one of those hybrid type players like Lawson or Wimbley, but we need safety help bad.

Again, I dont think our safeties are pathetic. But, I do think that you could add Jimmy Williams to the list of possibilities with our first pick. He and Donte Whitner would both make excellent choices. As would both WRs (Holmes and Jackson) or an OLB like Wimbley or Lawson.

BackWudFinFan said:
miami pick......manny lawson 6-5 241 4.4 man he can be a Safetie

Uuuuhhh I don't think he could be a safety.

dorsaroll156 said:
im starting to think more and mre that we are going to take holmes.hes a good pick up but i prefer chad jackson
i think he will surprise a few and maybe get Cromartie (SP)

if we move lawson to safety, then we should move jason taylor to safety, too. or we can draft vince young and put HIM at safety.

In all seriousness, Manny Lawson is freak (I mean that in the best way possible). He's 6'5 3/8", runs a 4.4, can play both Linebacker and Defensive End, and can block punts. It just comes down to what Saban believe is the bigger need at the moment: OLB or Safety. Right now, my two favorites for the 16th pick is Jason Allen and Manny Lawson.

i'm warming up to lawson a little. It would be awesome to have another edge passrusher in our D. Opposing qbs would have no idea where the blitz was coming from!

I'm still in favor of drafting cromartie though. Players of his caliber just aren't around at pick #16, I think he would be a steal. And we really could use another good cb. Worse comes to worse and everyone we have pans out at cb? We shift daniels to safety, problem solved.

Whitner wouldn't be bad, but 16 is too early IMO. I would love to have him though.

Never been sold on williams, and I still don't think we need to spend our first on a wr.

I still like greenway as an option. Ok, so he only benched 225 19 times, what a weakling! Have you guys seen him play? The guy has great instincts, is a sure tackler and is great in coverage. He may not rack up the sacks or be able to match up with the other team's burner, but the guy is one heck of a football player. Besides, if strength is his main problem, we have wieght rooms, nutritionists, strength trainers... it would be a lot easier than teaching him the game of football. After cromartie, greenway's my second choice.

I'd love to have Chad Jackson but with Denver at 15 I dunno if he'll fall, Jimmy Williams or Lawson, I don't understand why everyone is in love with Allen frot Tennessee, he's such a risk with that hip and the draft is DEEEEEP with safeties and corners why not go wit a safer healthy one???

Williams has some character issues- he acted like a idiot in some interviews and isn't real smart. Allen is coming off an injury. Whitner, though small(5'10"/190) is one of the best tacklers in Ohio State history. His ability to read the running plays and get to the RB is excellent.Whitner was a film room addict and has outstanding character.

Back
Top Bottom