#1 Pick Opinions | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

#1 Pick Opinions

CC Coach said:
Williams has some character issues- he acted like a idiot in some interviews and isn't real smart. Allen is coming off an injury. Whitner, though small(5'10"/190) is one of the best tacklers in Ohio State history. His ability to read the running plays and get to the RB is excellent.Whitner was a film room addict and has outstanding character.

it's not that he's not smart he's just one of the ****iest arrogant players in history, getting burnt in the preseason a few times'll teach him and he'll come back down to earth, or he'll back up his mouth and we'll have a Chad Johnson playn corner/safety for us

Draft a Monster!

Impressive Monsters: Manny Lawson and Haloti Ngata

These two guys are freak athletes that can blow up plays at will. IMO if Ngata is still on the board at 16, he would be WAY TOO compelling to pass by. But most likely his all-world talent will be gone. Lawson seems much more likely, and though he may not be the absolute monster Ngata is, he looks like a 3-4 OLB terrorist for sure! Either way, both of these guys have really special athletic skills, the kind I hope we nail on the 1st pick.

Almost Monsters: Jimmy Williams and Ernie Simms

These two guys are close to being real monsters, and I would put Simms slightly ahead of Williams. IMO Simms will definitely be a very productive pro, and he looks ready right now. Athletically Williams may be a tad more impressive, but he has a few questions on the intangible side.

As far as WR’s in the draft --- I’ve seen highlights on most of the big names. IMO in comparison to what’s going to be available of the defensive side, I do not find the WR’s very compelling. Yea, they’re good solid prospects, but I don’t see a “monster” among them. So barring a trade down, I’m 95% sure we’ll go D on the 1st pick.

Here’s the dream: Ngata falls to us and we sign Arrington! That coupled with our other excellent moves already in the bank and this team will be WAY BETTER than last year!

Silverphin said:
In all seriousness, Manny Lawson is freak (I mean that in the best way possible). He's 6'5 3/8", runs a 4.4, can play both Linebacker and Defensive End, and can block punts. It just comes down to what Saban believe is the bigger need at the moment: OLB or Safety. Right now, my two favorites for the 16th pick is Jason Allen and Manny Lawson.

I don't think so, I think it comes down to the best player available who Saban thinks will have the biggest impact in the NFL.....Regardless of position.

Back
Top Bottom