1 rd qb's........Locker, Luck, Mallet, Newton | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

1 rd qb's........Locker, Luck, Mallet, Newton

Bleh. All I want is Luck. Kaepernick is not an NFL QB. Locker is a bust waiting to happen. Cam I'm very dubious about. Mallet is just a better Henne.

We all need to hope an opportunity to move up for Luck becomes available. Anyone here practice voodoo? Get to work. It's going to be made even harder to trade up for him when we don't have a 2nd. I'd really rather have had Santonio for a 5th. We need to hope that some cheap team at the top decides to do it Dolphin style and try to value pick their franchise QB by trading down. Unfortunately I doubt our organization has the balls to pull the trigger if that comes up.

Agree 100% with this whole post. Although i think Mallet might not even be better than Henne, and im a little more optomistic about Newtons NFL future however cautiously so.

so there you have it, unless we can trade up for luck, there isn't a QB that is surefire in this draft.

i'm not fully sold on any of these qbs either...pretty much...i like playmakers at other positions a lot more...but i just can't watch this team get average or crappy qb play any more...i'm done...screw it...take the qb and lets hope he becomes what we need...lol

and with this new cba i doubt taking a qb will hurt the cap like it used to if they don't pan out...

top 10 i'm taking luck or mallet and i may trade up for mallet if can't get to luck...after that i'd probably take newton in the 2nd and develop him although i hate waiting that long to see some return...3rd round stanzi but i don't think that solves the no franchise qb problem...

ugh...watching guys like patrick peterson, aj green, robert quinn, mark ingram, kyle rudolph etc come off the board is gonna give me heartburn...

This.

Just watched some video of Locker, he's actually pretty fast and elusive for a big armed QB. His arm isn't Tom Brady or Phillip Rivers strong, but it's strong enough to be a pro QB and if he can pick up some yards on the ground from being elusive, I think he may be a franchise type QB.

Mallet looks ok, he's a very big dude, but not sure on the intangibles (intelligence, accuracy, etc.)

Newton is a high risk / high reward type, but don't think he should be going in the Top 20 if he declares. Could be a steal or could be a big bust.

I also didn't see how Locker's accuracy is, but he looks to be the best available after Luck and we ain't getting Luck. We MUST get a QB in the 1st round and hope like heck he ends up being a franchise QB. You never know, this could be a similar draft to the Eli, Rivers, Big Ben draft or even the Ryan, Flacco draft where 2 of these 4 guys go in the 1st and both end up being solid. We shall see.

Newton........

arrested in FL with stolen laptop

was going to get thrown out of FL for academic cheating and fraud

and now the recruiting incident

I say hell no

Newton........

arrested in FL with stolen laptop

was going to get thrown out of FL for academic cheating and fraud

and now the recruiting incident

I say hell no

Add to this. I really was unimpressed with the way he acted in the SEC title game. It was look at me the whole time bs. Just really think this guy has some ego issues that he can keep.

If we finish .500 we wont have a top 10 pick.

Like i said if we play like we are playing then we will have top 10 pick. Can you read the future? Do you know what our record will be? How do you know that we will be .500? I guess we dont have to watch the rest of the season because kdawg says we will be 8-8.

The truth is we could be 6-10 or all the way up to 10-6. IF WE PLAY LIKE WE DID THIS WEEK WE WILL BE CLOSER TO THE 6-10. I hope that is not the case but that reality.

locker doesn't have a brady or philip rivers arm??? sorry...but i disagree...

Trade up, secure Mallett.

Mallet is a slightly better than average college QB, not an NFL franchise QB. Waste to trade up. Luck or nothing. Trade down, get more picks and fill holes. Look for QB FA or wait another year. Best case, we lock out next year and have two years to rebuild.

Mallet is a slightly better than average college QB, not an NFL franchise QB. Waste to trade up. Luck or nothing. Trade down, get more picks and fill holes. Look for QB FA or wait another year. Best case, we lock out next year and have two years to rebuild.

Mallet hasn't impressed me either. Every time I watch him he is throwing INTs...

Just watched some video of Locker, he's actually pretty fast and elusive for a big armed QB. His arm isn't Tom Brady or Phillip Rivers strong, but it's strong enough to be a pro QB and if he can pick up some yards on the ground from being elusive, I think he may be a franchise type QB.

Mallet looks ok, he's a very big dude, but not sure on the intangibles (intelligence, accuracy, etc.)

Newton is a high risk / high reward type, but don't think he should be going in the Top 20 if he declares. Could be a steal or could be a big bust.

I also didn't see how Locker's accuracy is, but he looks to be the best available after Luck and we ain't getting Luck. We MUST get a QB in the 1st round and hope like heck he ends up being a franchise QB. You never know, this could be a similar draft to the Eli, Rivers, Big Ben draft or even the Ryan, Flacco draft where 2 of these 4 guys go in the 1st and both end up being solid. We shall see.

When did Tom Brady enter the strong arm category?

Locker has a strong arm...he just doesn't know where it's going, lol. Locker makes a lot of bad reads, forces a lot of throws and tries to do too much when he doesn't have to. 7 of his 11 games this season he's thrown a pick...that's something that Henne does. The inconsistancies, the ball placement...couple of other things he shares with Henne.

Mallet is better. Better ball placement, better consistancy, strong arm but not as athletic as Locker. I also agree with the lack of intangibles and he also makes bad reads. He'll be doing fine and then throw a ball he has no business throwing. He gets impatient at times as well and forces throws downfield. After Henne I'm wary of QBs that continue to make bad reads and don't seem to learn from it. 8 of 12 games Mallet threw a pick.

i know stats aren't the end all be all when it comes to qbs translating to the pros but mallet does have a 3 to 1 almost (30 tds 11 ints) td to int ratio and he completed over 66 percent of his passes in the legit defenses sec...

Luck will be gone.....Newton is intriguing. Hes a much better passer than either Vick or Young were at this point (much better). If hes there when we pick who knows. Reminds me a lot of Josh Freeman. You would have to do some major research on his background tho. Honestly outside signing maybe an olb this FA period, all draft picks should be Offense. Guard help, TE, Fast WRs, QB (Newton). QB in the first or 2nd (if we trade down and someone we like is there), TE in the third, Oline/WR/RB rest of the way. ......this is what happens when you disregard skill positions for years
Not this years Vick!

Back
Top Bottom