11/9 - First Attempt at a '21 Mock | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

11/9 - First Attempt at a '21 Mock

The problem with a RB in free agency is they normally cost a lot(the one ones do) and they have some mileage on them. That's why I'd like to draft one but the 2021 RB class doesn't seem very deep. Harris is my favorite but would be happy with Etienne as well.
I would probably do both. Get one cheap in free agency, bounce back type, and draft one.

People who are excited with Pitts drafted high (1st round), I have to ask...what happens to Gesicki and Shaheen? Are we going 2 TEs (that can't block) while only one WR has better than 4.5 speed?

I think Devonta Smith is taken in the first dozen picks.

Javonte Williams from UNC is one of the best RBs in college football. He's number 1 in college football for broken tackles. He's one of only 2 RBs with 500yds rushing and 200yds receiving this season (the other is Etienne). He's much better than Etienne in pass pro. He's absolutely perfect for what we want to do.

He's doing this every game -

The Offensive Skill players on North Carolina and the Defensive players on the Pittsburgh team are where you can get solid players in the 2nd - 4th round. They could be considered excellent value.

There are some good defensive players at Georgia that will be there in the second and third rounds also.

What are your thoughts on Jamaal Williams or Gus Edwards.
I'll have to do a deeper dive on running backs. In highlights Williams looks good. He can break tackles and catch the ball.

Would love your thoughts.

Wow, Najee at 56. Do you think he’ll be there so late in the second round?

No way. A lot of these values are screwed up from the TDN simulator. Rondale Moore at 39? That’s a pipe dream too but pass that pipe to me because I’m certainly taking a few hits.

I don’t even see Parsons being there at 7.

I’m hoping Trey Lance and Zach Wilson have a lot of teams interested. We will be sitting in some good spots for teams to trade up to.

This draft is going to be fun. There should be plenty of talent in the third round so we should pull quite a few contributors out of next years class too.

Don’t rule out Creed Humphrey as a likely first round pick of the Dolphins. 7 is a little high for an OC but if they can move down to 13-15 he’s a prime target. Instant upgrade at a position of long term need.

No way. A lot of these values are screwed up from the TDN simulator. Rondale Moore at 39? That’s a pipe dream too but pass that pipe to me because I’m certainly taking a few hits.

I don’t even see Parsons being there at 7.

I’m hoping Trey Lance and Zach Wilson have a lot of teams interested. We will be sitting in some good spots for teams to trade up to.

This draft is going to be fun. There should be plenty of talent in the third round so we should pull quite a few contributors out of next years class too.

Don’t rule out Creed Humphrey as a likely first round pick of the Dolphins. 7 is a little high for an OC but if they can move down to 13-15 he’s a prime target. Instant upgrade at a position of long term need.
Yeah, the different sites will have different guys rated higher than others, and it will also look much different in April than it does now. Personally, I prefer PFN's simulator to TDN's, but they have some guys rated lower than they probably should.

We can only work with the board they give us though. Yeah, Moore is probably going in the first, and Harris could go early in the second, or even late in the first, but again, we don't have control over that.

Also, there are guys that drop. Humphrey seems to be going early in these mocks, as high as 10th, but he certainly could drop, as IOLs seem to do so often.

Also, as far as Parsons is concerned, he could be there at 7. Remember a couple years ago, when the Jags got Josh Allen at 7? Who saw that coming?

I think Parsons is the first defender off the board.

Maybe Surtain?

Yeah, the different sites will have different guys rated higher than others, and it will also look much different in April than it does now. Personally, I prefer PFN's simulator to TDN's, but they have some guys rated lower than they probably should.

We can only work with the board they give us though. Yeah, Moore is probably going in the first, and Harris could go early in the second, or even late in the first, but again, we don't have control over that.

Also, there are guys that drop. Humphrey seems to be going early in these mocks, as high as 10th, but he certainly could drop, as IOLs seem to do so often.

Also, as far as Parsons is concerned, he could be there at 7. Remember a couple years ago, when the Jags got Josh Allen at 7? Who saw that coming?
PFN > TDN for sure.

I’ve certainly watched enough drafts to know not to say NEVER when prognosticating. There is certainly a small chance Parsons is there at 7, especially considering we don’t even know the draft order.

Nice. What round would you project for Williams?

It's a good question. He seems to be going up the boards every week but probably 3rd round for now, with his teammate RB Michael Carter close behind. Carter is slightly quicker and can catch and block too. I'd be delighted if we got either of them.

It's a good question. He seems to be going up the boards every week but probably 3rd round for now, with his teammate RB Michael Carter close behind. Carter is slightly quicker and can catch and block too. I'd be delighted if we got either of them.
I just read that Journey Brown has retired from football due to a heart condition. I really liked him. Obviously wish Brown well.

Back
Top Bottom