14:59...MIA on the clock. Who do you take? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

14:59...MIA on the clock. Who do you take?

With the #1 selection in the 2008 NFL Draft, the Miami Dolphins select...

• Chris Long - Defensive End - Virginia

Votes: 186 42.8%
  • Jake Long - Offensive Tackle - Michigan

Votes: 150 34.5%
  • Glenn Dorsey - Defensive Tackle - LSU

Votes: 17 3.9%
  • Matt Ryan - Quarterback - Boston College

Votes: 31 7.1%
  • Sedrick Ellis - Defensive Tackle - USC

Votes: 4 0.9%
  • Darren McFadden - Runningback - Arkansas

Votes: 15 3.4%
  • Vernon Gholsten - Defensive End - Ohio State

Votes: 27 6.2%
  • Ryan Clady - Offensive Tackle - Boise State

Votes: 4 0.9%
  • Brian Brohm - Quarterback - Louisville

Votes: 1 0.2%

• Total voters

Phinfan31

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
...14:58. Clock is ticking.

Who do you take with the #1 overall pick? No trades will be made, the offers arent looking good. Were stuck, whos it gonna be?

The combine has started. Mocks will be more and more accurate in the coming days. Let the debate begin!!!

I say - Jake Long - LT (thats right, LEFT)

We now have our O-Line SET!

14:59 on the clock means we missed our turn at picking whom we want.

The NFL reduced the time between picks from 15 minutes to 10 minutes for the first round and from 10 minutes to seven minutes for the 2nd round.

With the number one pick of the 2008 NFL Draft.....

The Atlanta Falcons by way of Miami, draft Matt Ryan, QB, BC.

I think we end of taking Chris Long at #3.

Chris Long...hands down. Then take Antoine Cason at the top of the second round and the best offensive tackle left with our second rounder if we don't trade it for a proven NFL guy.

Chris Long...hands down. Then take Antoine Cason at the top of the second round and the best offensive tackle left with our second rounder if we don't trade it for a proven NFL guy.

I agree with that exactly...

Even though I have been critical of Jake Long somewhat if you had a gun to my head I would be hard pressed not to take Jake over Howie's kid. We need a OT so badly and if he works out as well as they are saying he may be the guy.

With the amount of holes on this team, I don't think we can miss on who we take. I believe all the prospects we are looking at will be solid NFL players EXCEPT for Matt Ryan.

I say Glenn Dorsey, he is so disruptive inside, the entire Defense will benefit from his presence.

I'll start by saying it's too soon to expect about the #1 pick.
While Dorsey seems to be re-injured, the Cowboys are working on a trade up with the Falcons, trying to pick McFadden at #3 spot, so if that trade is completed before the draft, an aggressive strategy would be to pick Darren McFadden, in order to get as many pick as possible from Dallas, because they won't trade up that much and finishing without their target RB.
But as today, Matt Ryan is the obvious guy for Atlanta and they are having hard times about the Dallas trade because they need a QB desperately, so creating several smoke walls will be a job for Bill Parcells and his crew. Adopting an attitude of being open for trades is the first step for making clear that given the moment they can pick whoever they need in order to trade down.
Another approach about it, is that we need to add TALENT into our roster, no matter where, and then we can deal and trade with better chances of building a tougher team on both sides of the football, so it's my opinion that this free agency is to fill as many holes as possible while we'll see a very aggressive draft.

14:59 on the clock means we missed our turn at picking whom we want.

The NFL reduced the time between picks from 15 minutes to 10 minutes for the first round and from 10 minutes to seven minutes for the 2nd round.

Good catch.....so with that said, who is your pick?
I say Chris Long.

If we trade down and Chris Long isnt there i a say we go with Vernon Gholston

Back
Top Bottom