14:59...MIA on the clock. Who do you take? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

14:59...MIA on the clock. Who do you take?

With the #1 selection in the 2008 NFL Draft, the Miami Dolphins select...

• Chris Long - Defensive End - Virginia

Votes: 186 42.8%
  • Jake Long - Offensive Tackle - Michigan

Votes: 150 34.5%
  • Glenn Dorsey - Defensive Tackle - LSU

Votes: 17 3.9%
  • Matt Ryan - Quarterback - Boston College

Votes: 31 7.1%
  • Sedrick Ellis - Defensive Tackle - USC

Votes: 4 0.9%
  • Darren McFadden - Runningback - Arkansas

Votes: 15 3.4%
  • Vernon Gholsten - Defensive End - Ohio State

Votes: 27 6.2%
  • Ryan Clady - Offensive Tackle - Boise State

Votes: 4 0.9%
  • Brian Brohm - Quarterback - Louisville

Votes: 1 0.2%

• Total voters
bump!

Im interested in the %'s now that were signing FA's!

With the depth of Left Tackles, I 'm still going with Chris Long, now if we sign Calvin Pace I may change my vote.

J. Long will help us turn our OL into our strength immediately by moving Carey back to the right side. He is by far the best OL, and C. Long isn't even that much better than V. Gholston (if at all). I would hope that we would solidify the OL now that we have been tinkering (Smiley) before we go to work on the DL in the draft. Besides with all these defensive FA pickups I think our D will be OK for our first year of rebuilding. I would have no problem with the Phins drafting a LT with the #1 pick. Especially one as talented as Long that can be around for the next decade.

C'mon guys. McFadden says "remember what happened with AP? dont pass me up" ...lol and not even 10 votes out of 200????:sidelol:

I'll start by saying it's too soon to expect about the #1 pick.
While Dorsey seems to be re-injured, the Cowboys are working on a trade up with the Falcons, trying to pick McFadden at #3 spot, so if that trade is completed before the draft, an aggressive strategy would be to pick Darren McFadden, in order to get as many pick as possible from Dallas, because they won't trade up that much and finishing without their target RB.
But as today, Matt Ryan is the obvious guy for Atlanta and they are having hard times about the Dallas trade because they need a QB desperately, so creating several smoke walls will be a job for Bill Parcells and his crew. Adopting an attitude of being open for trades is the first step for making clear that given the moment they can pick whoever they need in order to trade down.
Another approach about it, is that we need to add TALENT into our roster, no matter where, and then we can deal and trade with better chances of building a tougher team on both sides of the football, so it's my opinion that this free agency is to fill as many holes as possible while we'll see a very aggressive draft.[/qu
With Atl signing Turner, they really want Ryan now.

I originally wanted Dorsey, but I am now leaning towards Jake Long.

with the current acquisitions of defense in free agency i think we need to sure up something we have needed for a long time.
Draft Jake Long and watch our offensive line transform in front of your eyes from a mediocre bunch to one of young talent and great potential/skill

Interesting. Jake Long is shooting up the poll. At this rate, he'll surpass Chris Long in the next 2 days!

I do agree with the guy above though. I think if Dallas makes any attempt to trade up we will draft McFadden. The problem though...they're not stupid enough to make that trade in advance. Otherwise they'll potentially screw themselves by being forced to go through us if we select McFadden. I don't think they want to trade their whole draft and THEN some....thats what it would take.

With the number one pick of the 2008 NFL Draft.....

The Atlanta Falcons by way of Miami, draft Matt Ryan, QB, BC.

I think we end of taking Chris Long at #3.

I WOULD LOVE TO SEE THIS!! Get a solid player, an extra pick or two, and save some salary!!

Well...Jake Long might not be the pick after all...

With us not signing Calvin Pace and now more confirmation that JT will be traded I think we are looking at taking D-Line again :(

Parcells is definitely trying to trade out though. I think the whole Matt Ryan video thing was PURPOSELY LEAKED by Parcells...he didn't ask for the footage...he made a "source" leak the info. that he did to create a big smoke screen!!! So ATL thinks we are really interested. Thats my idea anyway.

Back
Top Bottom