14:59...MIA on the clock. Who do you take? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

14:59...MIA on the clock. Who do you take?

With the #1 selection in the 2008 NFL Draft, the Miami Dolphins select...

• Chris Long - Defensive End - Virginia

Votes: 186 42.8%
  • Jake Long - Offensive Tackle - Michigan

Votes: 150 34.5%
  • Glenn Dorsey - Defensive Tackle - LSU

Votes: 17 3.9%
  • Matt Ryan - Quarterback - Boston College

Votes: 31 7.1%
  • Sedrick Ellis - Defensive Tackle - USC

Votes: 4 0.9%
  • Darren McFadden - Runningback - Arkansas

Votes: 15 3.4%
  • Vernon Gholsten - Defensive End - Ohio State

Votes: 27 6.2%
  • Ryan Clady - Offensive Tackle - Boise State

Votes: 4 0.9%
  • Brian Brohm - Quarterback - Louisville

Votes: 1 0.2%

• Total voters
...14:58. Clock is ticking.

Who do you take with the #1 overall pick? No trades will be made, the offers arent looking good. Were stuck, whos it gonna be?

The combine has started. Mocks will be more and more accurate in the coming days. Let the debate begin!!!

I say - Jake Long - LT (thats right, LEFT)

We now have our O-Line SET!

Well with 15 minutes on the clock I'm waiting five minutes to trade the pick to Atlanta since we can;t pick for another 5 minutes!!!

Jake Long will not be our pick and he will not go #1 overall.

I think Brian Brohm created the poll

how the h-e-double-hockey-sticks would he get on otherwise

Lol yeah...took forever but someone finally voted for him. After about 200 people he got 1. hahaha...gotta love the dolfans still chanting for the next marino at QB every single year.

I say Jake Long becasue that is the most important position on our roster right now

...14:58. Clock is ticking.

Who do you take with the #1 overall pick? No trades will be made, the offers arent looking good. Were stuck, whos it gonna be?

The combine has started. Mocks will be more and more accurate in the coming days. Let the debate begin!!!

I say - Jake Long - LT (thats right, LEFT)

We now have our O-Line SET!

I say Matt Ryan. Then we see what ATL offers for him. If they don't, then good. We pick our LT and LGs at picks #32 and #57.

If they give us D Hall and the #3, then we select either Jake Long...or Ryan Clady, if STL takes away Jake Long from our fingertips. then we take Flacco at #32 and our LG at #57.

However the first 2 picks turn out...the #57 pick "must" be our starting LG.

i would take glenn dorsey...great player and i think he could play DE and DT in a 3-4 but also in a 4-3...
the injuries of him do not bother me because they aren't really chronic..the tibia injury occured when he ran against something in the weight room and the other as he was chop blocked in the auburn game...
and when you look at the BCS championship game where dorsey played really great and that was the first game he was fully healthy after the auburn game..IMO dorsey has another great attribute namely his ability to play through pain..even when hes hurt he will play..and thats is what we needed last year-toughness

Chris Long...hands down. Then take Antoine Cason at the top of the second round and the best offensive tackle left with our second rounder if we don't trade it for a proven NFL guy.
I agree with Cason all the way but I want Vernon G. after we make the trade with atlanta to get Hall.

I say Jake Long becasue that is the most important position on our roster right now

I am not sure I agree with this at all.

Our offensive line was actually one of the few bright-spots last year, for most of the season anyways. The fact we could plug in any running back and still have considerable games, and the fact Ronnie was leading the league in everything prior to injury speaks both of our emerging line and Hud as a coach

The real problem we had last year is stopping the run. Heck, any high school offense couldve racked up yards against our pourous Run-d.

I love the idea of picking up another STUD lineman, I just think we would be much better suited doing so at the 2a or even 2b pick...

1. chris long
2. jake long
3 glenn dorsey

in that order if i had to decide

Back
Top Bottom