14:59...MIA on the clock. Who do you take? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

14:59...MIA on the clock. Who do you take?

With the #1 selection in the 2008 NFL Draft, the Miami Dolphins select...

• Chris Long - Defensive End - Virginia

Votes: 186 42.8%
  • Jake Long - Offensive Tackle - Michigan

Votes: 150 34.5%
  • Glenn Dorsey - Defensive Tackle - LSU

Votes: 17 3.9%
  • Matt Ryan - Quarterback - Boston College

Votes: 31 7.1%
  • Sedrick Ellis - Defensive Tackle - USC

Votes: 4 0.9%
  • Darren McFadden - Runningback - Arkansas

Votes: 15 3.4%
  • Vernon Gholsten - Defensive End - Ohio State

Votes: 27 6.2%
  • Ryan Clady - Offensive Tackle - Boise State

Votes: 4 0.9%
  • Brian Brohm - Quarterback - Louisville

Votes: 1 0.2%

• Total voters
I'm hoping that we'll draft QB M. Ryan, but I wouldn't be apposed to taking C. Long / V. Gholston instead....

I just want to see a QB succeed in Miami. I really hope thats Beck...but if Ireland/Parcells are CONVINCED that Ryan will be a better QB and take him...well then, I hope we can find some talent in the later rounds. I don't think we'll be in this top5 position for a LONG time again...

Matt,

It seems like you just stopped by to promote your site.

At this point Gholston has to be added in to this conversation. I say out of him and Jake Long whoever is willing to sign for a better cap deal before the draft. Of course if we can trade down then that is the best option.

I would also like to see this poll about a week before the draft, it would look a bit different imo.

Voted Jake Long, OL is our biggest area of need. Prefer we trade down, take Clady or Otah, then Brandon Albert in first/2nd rounds. Our biggest NEED is definitely OL sionce we have dismantled the OL this off season and have not sufficiently addressed the need with only taking Smiley in FA. We simply must take at least two solid OL including 1 good LT and 1 monster guard like Albert. If we do that, our OL is set for 8-10 years and any QB we have or take in the later rounds will have 1. a running game to take pressure off the passing game and 2. some time in the pocket to actually get the pass out to the WR's & TE. If we do something really stupid like drafting a Matt ryan, and once again ignore the OL, look for another 1-15 season or WORSE.

Lt Carey LG Albert C Satele rg Smiley Rt Jones

DE Long Nt Ferguson DE Holliday
Roth Starks Rod Wright
Ninkovich Solai Moses, Abe,

OLB Jason Taylor Mlb Channind Crowder SLB Zibakowski WLB Porter

1. Will Allen 2cb Goodman Allen Thomas Fs Allen Hill SS Bell Davis
Lehan
With me Im all about drafting Chris Long with our 1st. 32nd Albert if he's there. Take jones with our other 2nd 3rd Id take Woodson. 4th we take our TE

I have to note that ever since Dorseys injury became a concern...about 200 voters ago, he has received only 3 votes since then. Im glad, I really dont think it would make sense if we took him.

Chris Long and Jake Long have been 20 votes a part the entire way...ever since the beginning. I wish I was here right before the draft so I could make a new poll but I'm going to be at basic training!!...haha yeah fun, right? I'll definitely be getting a letter in the mail with our draft day results though.

All Logic points to Jake Long being the number one overall

If Jake Long doesnt get drafted this draft is doomed to fail. All that I keep hearing is let's draft Matt Ryan or Chris Long. None of these make any sense! Why did we concentrate all on defensive line and linebackers in FA? We have no Oline help so this means Jake long is the obvious choice. If we draft him not only do we get the best of a deep class but we can chose BPA at the #32 pick which means best corner available. Then we are going to draft Chilo Rachele with 2b then third pick a tight end. The last phase of the draft will be either a reciever or all defense, if they think we can survive with Ginn and Wilford. This is how the draft should take place. Please tell me if you think any differently. John Beck will be fine and McCown is servicable. Tell me what you think!!!!!

If Jake Long doesnt get drafted this draft is doomed to fail. All that I keep hearing is let's draft Matt Ryan or Chris Long. None of these make any sense! Why did we concentrate all on defensive line and linebackers in FA? We have no Oline help so this means Jake long is the obvious choice. If we draft him not only do we get the best of a deep class but we can chose BPA at the #32 pick which means best corner available. Then we are going to draft Chilo Rachele with 2b then third pick a tight end. The last phase of the draft will be either a reciever or all defense, if they think we can survive with Ginn and Wilford. This is how the draft should take place. Please tell me if you think any differently. John Beck will be fine and McCown is servicable. Tell me what you think!!!!!

Take a look at my perfect mock below...thats going BPA, no!? :) we think alike.If one of the top corners are there we gotta take him but Hardy will be hard to pass up IMO.

I agree though...what are we going to do at Tackle if we dont take Jake?? We keep Vernon on the left...but whos on the right? People say our OLINE was great last year...they forget that it was an atrocious mess in the 2nd half of the season. It was promising at first, but only because of Carey/Satelle. We need 3 top notch guys if were going to stay consistent like the Colts/Pats/Broncos/SD/Pitt, etc. in years past.

Jake Long or Chris Long...I'm think Jake for the same reasons as you. I love Chris though.

Back
Top Bottom