16-year-old Scout Evaluates Dion Jordan | Page 42 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

16-year-old Scout Evaluates Dion Jordan

Does the post mention that he has a drug problem? If not then I fail to see the relevance as this (combined with bad coaching decisions and being played in the wrong position) brought Jordan down.

Pretty much this.

Not saying this isn't a good analysis on Jordan but hardly indicative of what ultimately was his downfall.

We saw him flash (and I do mean flash) terrific athleticism and potential, and coaches, one year in, decide to take away by far his most desirable traits and turn him into a heavy DE

This was just a cluster**** all around. From draft, to coaching, to player. In hindisght they all deserved each other. . . The ones who got ****ed were the fans.

I don't think that Dion Jordan failed because of arm length.

With that said, the 16 year old scout correctly predicted he would be a bust. Maybe the evidence that got him to that conclusion was misread or irrelevant, but the wrong evidence leading to the right conclusion still means that you were right. :lol:

With that said, the 16 year old scout correctly predicted he would be a bust. Maybe the evidence that got him to that conclusion was misread or irrelevant, but the wrong evidence leading to the right conclusion still means that you were right. :lol:

A lot of people can now have closure and say "see I told you so". To each his own but it marks the complete and utter failure of the 2013 draft class and that to me is the bigger problem here and not who is right or who is wrong.

The bigger picture is very simple "how do we stop missing on draft picks?" It's the same thing with Tannehill and the people who want him gone, they never seem to offer any realistic option to get a surefire replacement who is a better option.

I guess I worry more about retention of talent and keeping players on the roster who make a difference but that isn't the case in Miami and it shows because with the exception of last seaon it's been total ****. I hope Miami has turned the corner in terms of culture but I also see the reality of last season there were five times we got "lucky" and that isn't going to happen every season.

His analysis about his lack of run stopping ability and lack of pass rushing production were spot on. He was also probably right that pass coverage would be his only strong point. He also mentioned that if he gained weight to play DE, he would probably lose his athleticism. I think that was right too.

I really hope we stop drafting these "versatile" players without a definite position. Both Jason Allen and Dion Jordan come to mind as players who never fit in anywhere. I think if we ran a 3-4 hybrid type system, we could probably benefit more from these types of versatile players. But a DE/OLB hybrid player is probably useless in our scheme.

Pretty much this.

Not saying this isn't a good analysis on Jordan but hardly indicative of what ultimately was his downfall.

We saw him flash (and I do mean flash) terrific athleticism and potential, and coaches, one year in, decide to take away by far his most desirable traits and turn him into a heavy DE

This was just a cluster**** all around. From draft, to coaching, to player. In hindisght they all deserved each other. . . The ones who got ****ed were the fans.

Agree. Teams rarely miss because of lack of talent. When you scroll through the Dolphins busts over the years, it certainly wasn't because of a lack of talent. Yatil Green had a ton of talent. John Bosa when he played looked good.

Miami does take a lot of chances on injury prone players high in the draft, though. I think that's part of the problem. That 2013 draft was especially the case with Jordan, Taylor and Thomas all coming off injuries.

Old thread is old.

Meh.

man-with-walking-stick.jpg

The Dion Jordan discussion has got to end. He's in the past! Never played a down for Gase. Old news! Sad story!

Looks like the seahawks just activated him from PUP list...for an actual injury.

Back
Top Bottom