2-3 players away | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2-3 players away

finfantrigg

Practice Squad
Reaction score
i honestly think we are 2-3 good players away from a SuperBowl team. We obviously could use another receiver and a secondary guy, and then someone for the O-line everywhere else seems pretty set.

i honestly think we are 2-3 good players away from a SuperBowl team. We obviously could use another receiver and a secondary guy, and then someone for the O-line everywhere else seems pretty set.

Marshal
Davis
Big Running Back

WR, CB AND TE. Possibly a safety also and I think we're not far away!

2-3 players away from maybe getting to the playoffs but not super bowl. You need a lot more depth then we have to make a deep playoff run.

Depth is a lot easier to come by though i mean our D-line has depth on depth and same with RB with one good WR we have depth there as well so we could pick up depth at LB DB and O-line in the draft 2 to 3 years man I'm telling, i have watched every snap for like the past 5 years and no other coach had the team playing like this.

We are a bit further away than that. We need secondary help big time. Someone opposite Smith, a safety opposite Jones, a replacement for Jerry, one or two good WRs, a kicker, a pass rusher, etc. Its more than you think. Plus remember how many free agents we have coming up at the end of this season. There is a chance we can lose Bush, Hartline, Smith, Jake Long and Starks. If we lose any of those guys at all its another hole to fill. IMO you have to start in house and get your own guys signed. Then build through the draft and if you have money left bring in another FA or two.

yeah i think we build in house as well, i think part of dumping davis and marshall was so we could re-sign our players

Marshal
Davis
Big Running Back

Vontae Davis was not the answer, his play in Indy was described as "poop" by this article:

http://www.stampedeblue.com/2012/9/...-davis-is-kind-of-playing-like-poop-right-now

So you Dolphin fans who seem to think we traded away Darrell Revis need to wake up.

I will say, in hindsight, if they were not going to bring in a big time receiver to replace him...they might as well have held onto Marshall for another year and then traded him.

First need to tie up our free agents

Dominant WR an obvious need, CB an obvious need, although have to say Carroll impressed and we don't miss Vontae that much.
Clay's drop, then bonehead run out of bounds when trying to run the clock, clearly illustrates the need for a high power TE. (Fasano and T-hill don't seem to click, Egnew has bust written all over him)
Then just need depth at secondary, O-line and LB

I'm still a believer of drafting based on talent not on need... Especially if we have a high pick too many good players to pass up...

Eliminated playoff teams are usually 2 or 3 guys away from the super bowl. Gotta challenge for the division and make the postseason before we start talking 'close' to champiomships.

Vontae Davis was not the answer, his play in Indy was described as "poop" by this article:

http://www.stampedeblue.com/2012/9/...-davis-is-kind-of-playing-like-poop-right-now

So you Dolphin fans who seem to think we traded away Darrell Revis need to wake up.

I will say, in hindsight, if they were not going to bring in a big time receiver to replace him...they might as well have held onto Marshall for another year and then traded him.

Davis was better than anything we brougt in or will draft. How many rookie corners are respected in this league. Look how long it took for Sean Smith to turn into anything. We can jump on Richard Marshal back and make him a shuhtdown nickle back. Wait he has a bad back.

We seem to all be in agreement that we need another WR with length and speed (ala AJ Green type ability not necessarily pedigree) who knows how to use his size and work the side lines. CB (who can play bump and run and has alot of punt return experience - we need our own P.Peterson again not saying pedigree more or so ability). We need 2 OG that are mallers, not necessary to replace Jerry and Ingog, but to develop and take over when their contract is up (no need to rush them, but also no need to trade up for them either ... Jerry and Murphy). Lastly, we need a DE/LB hybrid that can take over for Burnett, but also has alot of lateral play with the speed. (no AJ Edds ghosts please).

So in the end... (All based on Draft Picks ... Free Agency not considered)

WR/CB/(LB/DE)/TE/OG - we have five picks, use them.

We need more pass rush, more secondary help, more WR help

Back
Top Bottom