2-3 players away | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2-3 players away

Pass rushers, corner, safety and depth at LB.....On ofence we need another WR and a TE unless Egnew can develop and maybe a guard......that's if we keep all our guys.

Ozzy rules!!

Davis sucks and is not better than anything we will draft.Marshall was a cancer and would have ruined Tanny.I for one am happy with the amount of draft picks we have for upcoming draft.This year is all about gaining experience,players like Miller,Vernon,Randall,Martin,very soonMatthews.Miami has competed in all 5 games and with a few breaks could be leading division! We are gaining valuable exp.on the run.I am excited for every Sunday for the first time in a long time!

You guys act like you need a flawless roster to win a championship lol

All we need is Tannehill to continue at this pace...you can hide a below average secondary with a great front 7. As long as you have a couple playmakers back there (Smith, Jones). You don't need superstar receivers, you just need a great QB to get them the ball (See: Tom Brady, pre Welker/Moss).

So, let's stop acting like we're 2-3 players away. We can win it all this or next season. The key is winning in the regular season, and getting hot when it counts. Also, since we have such a strong front 7/ o line, they are far less injury prone, and give us the opportunity to be a Niners East if you will

Davis sucks and is not better than anything we will draft.Marshall was a cancer and would have ruined Tanny.I for one am happy with the amount of draft picks we have for upcoming draft.This year is all about gaining experience,players like Miller,Vernon,Randall,Martin,very soonMatthews.Miami has competed in all 5 games and with a few breaks could be leading division! We are gaining valuable exp.on the run.I am excited for every Sunday for the first time in a long time!

Competed in all five games. Who showed up against Houston? Who showed up against the Jets? As ****ty as the Jets played it should have been a blow out.

Dont think draft picks are a lock. Egnew, Mattews, Cunnungham, and, Kaddu have not seen the field this year. Thats four draft BUST up to this point. Two of them didnt make the team. I think he JI might be holding on to Egnew and Matthews to save his ass.

Really if we had one player step up against the Jets we would have won that game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tell that to Pat White who was taken with the 2nd round pick we got in the Jason Taylor trade.

I'd agree. I think we need an elite pass rusher, a few more good targets for Tannehill in the passing game and help in the secondary. I've said it before that I really think this team is gearing toward being very competitive by 2014. With the right players, I could definitely see the team contending next year and maybe making the playoffs. I am very encouraged by this coaching staff, how well Tannehill is playing so early, the offensive line and the defensive line. We have some nice strenghts to build on.

Davis was better than anything we brougt in or will draft. How many rookie corners are respected in this league. Look how long it took for Sean Smith to turn into anything. We can jump on Richard Marshal back and make him a shuhtdown nickle back. Wait he has a bad back.

Dude, did you completely ignore they think he sucks in Indy?

Talented kid that lacks the heart....plain and simple...he only gets you beat.

Sean Smith is becoming a stud, better than Vontae ever was, Carroll is developing and you can expect a few corners to be coming to town from the next draft and/or free agency.

We will find a starting corner with the heart of a champion, not a loser.

Last edited by a moderator:
How many draft picks from rd5-7 make teams? We cant hit every one,and yes we did compete with the Texans.We made a few rookie mistakes that cost us the game but until then Houston had all they could handle.I bet to a man if tou asked them if they want to see us later in the year again it would be overwhelming NO.We are going forward for the first time in years and some of you people are still bitching.Go root for the Jests or Bills there team dont have problems!

We need to get 2 Wr's. 1 through FA and a stud in the draft
1 starting corner and 1 more for depth
Upgrade at safety to replace Clemons

And obviously replacements for anyone we lose in FA.

i honestly think we are 2-3 good players away from a SuperBowl team. We obviously could use another receiver and a secondary guy, and then someone for the O-line everywhere else seems pretty set.

I think 4-5 is more realistic and we can get em by next year

We make 2 kicks we're 4-1, as is I like our chances of being 3-3 going into the bye. Considering how we felt after the first 5 games of August & week 1 vs Houston, we're in 7th heaven right now. If Gaffney could be as good as he was for Denver, I think we have enough there. The idea of a perfect team is just delusional. You need a few great ones some good ones and some average ones that can all play well as a team, unit for unit. You think of how many 10-6 or 9-7 teams have won Superbowls and you realize that it transcends the talent of individual players.
Without a back-up WR David Tyree making a circus catch that he couldn't replicate in a 100 tries, NE has an undefeated season. A week after that though the Giants GM was thinking, 'In order to repeat, we need X more good players..."
I'd like us to have a better FS, more depth at RG and RT and a catch-all O-line guy, I REALLY wish we had one more good pass-rusher but maybe Vernon can grow into that more than he has so far. I like that guy Shelby we drafted and am curious to see where he's going.
By the time we sign the core of our team for next season, we'll have enough left over for 1 superstar FA or 2 decent ones and money to sign some draft picks. But that alone could be good enough. I think this season so far has proven that we have a great core group of guys. No one shoves us around on either side of the ball and most teams in the NFL can't say that. With both Dansby and Burnett healthy, we're looking great there, IMO.
But what's between the ears and in the heart will go just as far this season as another guy or two with greater tangibles. This Dolphins team is a tough out and for the Bengals we were too tough. We will pound teams that aren't ready to play hard (like the Raiders) and it will require a team's best to beat us. Our team seems to have character and that will go a long way. Losing because our kicker has been a little off is frustrating, but it's time to take the training wheels off and start creating margins of victory beyond the reach of one missed FG.
I'd like an upgrade at FS, WR and DE, but just 1 or 2 of these could be enough.
Matching up with the 'Niners seems far-fetched. They're killing people because they're just too strong and athletic on defense. I'd love to see us follow their example and keep getting stronger and faster on 'D. Our offense right now is as good as theirs, IMO.

Reciever, Corner, Safety, Pass Rusher and then some added depth on top of that. Were far more than 2-3 players away.

Back
Top Bottom