2 Hypothetical Mocks: | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2 Hypothetical Mocks:

Gayle wouldn't beat anyone out in that 2 deep de rotation...Shelby is the best run defender of the group they aren't losing his snaps...gayle projects as a poor mans Vernon with even less pass rush upside...

He never even sniffed a win at the senior bowl pass rush one on one reps...if someone wants that on day 2 go with god...

Take the player out of it from a positional value even the only way a gayle pick would make sense is if dion Jordan was either moved to lb or off the team...that's the only way a 4th de makes sense for the rotation...

Anyways just how I see it...if Jordan is here and playing de I would loathe that pick...honestly for what I see from the kid pass rush tools wise I'd loathe the pick either way...would not draft

Gayle wouldn't beat anyone out in that 2 deep de rotation...Shelby is the best run defender of the group they aren't losing his snaps...gayle projects as a poor mans Vernon with even less pass rush upside...

He never even sniffed a win at the senior bowl pass rush one on one reps...if someone wants that on day 2 go with god...

I see him as a natural replacement for Wake as Wake gets older and as a natural 4/3 DE, unlike Jordan. His size, speed, strength, burst and ability to get after it in college tell a different story to me. 138 tackles and 22 sacks isn't bad for a college career- to me it's his ability to bend the arc and put pressure on the outside edge, plus play the run well that grabbed my attention. He's a productive, fast and talented attack piece that you want at 4/3 DE, but anyway we'll see what happens. I don't think that he escapes the 3rd round.

Take the player out of it from a positional value even the only way a gayle pick would make sense is if dion Jordan was either moved to lb or off the team...that's the only way a 4th de makes sense for the rotation...

Anyways just how I see it...if Jordan is here and playing de I would loathe that pick...honestly for what I see from the kid pass rush tools wise I'd loathe the pick either way...would not draft

There would be some redundancy if Jordan stays at DE, and to me that would be a mistake. Regardless, I like Gayle quite a bit as well rounded 4/3 DE and I think that he'll do well in the pros. If you don't see ability in him as an edge rusher and a good 4/3 DE run defender, I'll just agree to disagree.

I'd wait for one of 3 things before I started planning for wakes replacement...signs of fall off as a pass rusher when healthy signs of a player being at the stage he's unable to stay healthy or signs from dion Jordan as in legit production and a counter that he's ready to take the mantle...

We haven't had proof of any of em yet...although I will say that he appears to be a slower healer than I had hoped for...

I'd wait for one of 3 things before I started planning for wakes replacement...signs of fall off as a pass rusher when healthy signs of a player being at the stage he's unable to stay healthy or signs from dion Jordan as in legit production and a counter that he's ready to take the mantle...

We haven't had proof of any of em yet...although I will say that he appears to be a slower healer than I had hoped for...

Wake is fine, and he takes excellent care of himself. But he's 33 no matter how you cut it. The bigger factor to me is Jordan- if he (unfortuntely) stays at DE I'm looking at Kyle Van Noy in the 2nd rd, Martavis Bryant, Weston Richburg and Jordan Matthews in the 3rd round and a RT in rd 2 if we go elsewhere in the 1st, maybe for Brandin Cooks. I'd like to get Trai Turner in the 4th rd, but he might be a 3rd rd guy now after the combine.

LIKE MOCK A from the o-p.

billy turner is one of my "hope" picks for the dolphins in this draft.

not an all world mock but a good one. shazier is going to be a great player. and really, if a player pans out and turns into a pro bowler or mans his position for 10 years type, does it matter where he was selected?

a lb not my fav choice for our #1 but, he is a great player and fits a need and if he became a pro bowler, icing on the cake!!

I am not a fan of taking a D back in the 1st 2 rounds unless they are ranked top 2 in there position and there value at 19 is outstanding. i think with our new additions, plus a healthy Jamar Taylor, our d backs may be pretty good this year.

My 2 mocks.....and it depends on who is available at 19.

Mock 1.......................................................... Mock 2...

1. Martin, OL, Notre Dame...............................1. Moseley, ILB Alabama
2. Moncreif, WR, Ole Miss................................2. Yankey, OGT, Stanford
3. McCullers, DT, Tennessee............................3. Bryant, WR, Clemson
4. Skov ILB, Stanford.......................................4. Loston, SS, LSU
5. Hurst, T/G, N Carolina..................................5. Hurst, G/T, N Carolina
6. Sims, RB, W Virginia....................................6. Sims, RB, W Virginia
7. Huff, FS, Wyoming.......................................7. Lyera, TE, Oregon

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom