2005 World Series: Houston Astros vs. Chicago White Sox | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2005 World Series: Houston Astros vs. Chicago White Sox

One heck of a turn around for the Astros. I don't think they're the best team in the NL by any means but they got it done. Congrats.

i love it when two teams that have never won (or won in a long time) play each other in a championship game/series. don't really care who wins, but i'll enjoy the outcome regardless

Ray Finkle said:
Nobody deserves a ring as much as Bagwell and Biggio.

Damn skippy man. Go 'Stros! I think this is their series. If they can go back in to St. Louis and get the win, then watch out Chi-Town....this team wants it bad....

NJFINSFAN1 said:
How do you think George S feels watching all his pitchers he got rid of?

He didn't get rid of them. Both pitchers wanted to play for Houston because that's where they are from. It's not like he cut them or anything, the chose to play in Houston.

NJFINSFAN1 said:
How do you think George S feels watching all his pitchers he got rid of?

I'm sure he called up Cashman and asked him, "Why can't we get guys like Clemens and Pettite..... And where's my damn calzone!"

:lol:

AggieFin21 said:
He didn't get rid of them. Both pitchers wanted to play for Houston because that's where they are from. It's not like he cut them or anything, the chose to play in Houston.

partly true.

After 03, Georde could have easily resigned Pettite, but he was in the middle of aquiring Brown,Vazquez,Sheffield, and A-Rod. I remember when it was announced Pettite was going to Houston, the entire Yankee organization was in shock (thought he was going to come back so they didn't bother getting him re-signed right away). Pettite wanted to play for his hometown team.

Clemens was going to retire, but Pettite talked him into playing one last year in front of his hometown fans.

Ello,Ello!
Yep it is gonna be a great series ROGER WILL DOMINATE !
but I still wanted the red sox and the stroh's the sox must be made to pay for damons hair, Poppy's weight, and letting CLEMENS go,plus on a personal note I hate Schilling and Rameriez.I remember back in da' 80's schilling was midiocre/average on a good day; and He'd always be telling the media "Oh, Clemens Cheats/He's dirty" I've hated Schilling ever since. And Manny He's just a punk He' single handedely created that whole brawl scene for nor real reason and the only person to get hurt an 78? yr old man good job manny! and then to top it off the pitch that started it all, nowhere near manny.
As for the white sox how do you root4 Clemens when Shoeless Joe is staring down on the whole thing ARRRGH I'm sooo TORN ! OH powerfull and wise Finkle what should I Do?

gonick1 said:
Ello,Ello!
Yep it is gonna be a great series ROGER WILL DOMINATE !
but I still wanted the red sox and the stroh's the sox must be made to pay for damons hair, Poppy's weight, and letting CLEMENS go,plus on a personal note I hate Schilling and Rameriez.I remember back in da' 80's schilling was midiocre/average on a good day; and He'd always be telling the media "Oh, Clemens Cheats/He's dirty" I've hated Schilling ever since. And Manny He's just a punk He' single handedely created that whole brawl scene for nor real reason and the only person to get hurt an 78? yr old man good job manny! and then to top it off the pitch that started it all, nowhere near manny.
As for the white sox how do you root4 Clemens when Shoeless Joe is staring down on the whole thing ARRRGH I'm sooo TORN ! OH powerfull and wise Finkle what should I Do?

Someones a little bitter towards the 2004 World Champions.

Give it a rest... and his nickname is Papi not Poppy, he's not a type of bagel man..

Dang. I don't know who I want to win....I like both of these team's stories. I'll say Astros in 6.

Back
Top Bottom