2006 Hurricanes | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2006 Hurricanes

NJL52

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
I just got thinking about college football and I was wondering how my Canes would fare in 2006. My first thought was all the off season termoil and the below average recruiting class. But after thinking about it, Hurricanes improved from last year.

QB, RB, TE all stay the same and only get better with one more year of expierence.

The media is saying we are hurt big time by the loss of Sinorice Moss, which makes me wonder if anybody in the media ever watched a single Canes game. Sinorice had like 25 catches last year and we barely ever used him. In his career he had one big play and that was vs the Noles in 2004 when he got the OT touchdown. Other then that he was a nobody.

Ryan Moore is another year older and this could be his breakout year. He was the number 1 reciever in the nation coming out of highschool so if he could live up to half the hype he will be a star. Lance Leggett and Darnell Jenkins didn't stick out to me much last year. Can't remember how they performed but again another year of expierenced makes you think they improved.

As for the offensive line, I don't know. I know Reggie Youngblood should be able to start next year and he was our number 2 recruit only behind Kenny Phillips last year. He should grow to a star. But other then him I am blurry for the O line.

Defensive Line. Too much talent here to ever say we could miss a player. Orien Harris was good but he was more hype then actual ability. I find it hard to believe that we won't improve on the D line.

WLB: Willie Williams was the number 1 player in the nation 2 years ago. He should be a star and a first round pick in the future. He should be an improvement over Rocky McIntosh this year.

MLB and SLB: Jon Beason, Romeo Davis and Tavares Gooden should be ready to step in. Spencer Adkins could make an impact at MLB this year also.

At safety we are absolutely loaded. 2 future first round picks. Kenny Phillips is the Hurricanes next superstar safety. He will be a top 10 pick whenever he comes out. Anthony Reddick is another future first round draft pick. Brandon Meriweather is another starter quality safety but unfortuneately for him he plays on the Canes.

Cornerback is the only weakness that I admit. The loss of Kelly Jennings, Devin Hester (Although not a big impact at CB) and Marcus Maxey will hurt. Randy Phillips, Bruce Johnson and Glenn Sharpe will have to step it up to fill in for these 3.

We were ranked as high as number 3 last year. In my eyes we did nothing but improve. So I find it hard to believe people are ranking is in the preseason at 15.

They are gunna have a Great Defense like always it seems like. However Offense better get better. They did not impress me at all in the Peach Bowl v.s. LSU.

Great defense again. Depending on Kyle Wrights progress and how quickly he grasps the new offense, it's going to be interesting on that side of the ball.

This is probably Coker's last year before Butch Davis takes over

dm416 said:
This is probably Coker's last year before Butch Davis takes over

I want Butch back too, but I wouldn't mind one bit if Coker takes us back to the promised land once more.

DrewDaGreat said:
#3? Ha. You guys will be out of the top 10 after the Noles beat you on Labor Day.

Yeah because FSU was so impressive last year after losing 6 straight to us. FSU was a joke last year, and they'll be a joke this year. It's going to be a blowout just like the 2003 game...oh wait, let me specify because we beat you guys twice that year...the game in tallahassee.

kpcane said:
Yeah because FSU was so impressive last year after losing 6 straight to us. FSU was a joke last year, and they'll be a joke this year. It's going to be a blowout just like the 2003 game...oh wait, let me specify because we beat you guys twice that year...the game in tallahassee.

2003:

22-14
16-14

yeah, what a couple of blowouts.

How many ACC titles have the Canes won? Right...0.

DrewDaGreat said:
2003:

22-14
16-14

yeah, what a couple of blowouts.

How many ACC titles have the Canes won? Right...0.

If you even watched the game, the 22-14 game was a blowout. You guys weren't doing a thing on offense and we were having our way. There was like a minute left and it was your first team against our 3rd team, and FSU barely managed to get into the end zone.
That game was a blowout, and everyone who watched it knew it.
How many national championships has FSU won? 2?
And the Canes? 5

ACC titles don't really mean much, unless that's all you play for, so I can see why it's important to an FSU fan.

kpcane said:
If you even watched the game, the 22-14 game was a blowout. You guys weren't doing a thing on offense and we were having our way. There was like a minute left and it was your first team against our 3rd team, and FSU barely managed to get into the end zone.
That game was a blowout, and everyone who watched it knew it.
How many national championships has FSU won? 2?
And the Canes? 5

ACC titles don't really mean much, unless that's all you play for, so I can see why it's important to an FSU fan.
Right, of course the ACC title doesn't matter...I guess that's easy to say when you can't win it.

DrewDaGreat said:
Right, of course the ACC title doesn't matter...I guess that's easy to say when you can't win it.

Ohhhh in my face.

Like I said, you can admire your ACC championship pennants, while I admire the 5 rings.

lol last year was the Canes first(second?) year in the ACC.

Misinformed trash talking......shouldn't expect much more from a Pats fan.

look out for Willie Williams and Kenny Philips, they are both going to have great seasons

Back
Top Bottom