2008 mock offseason with 3 round mock draft | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2008 mock offseason with 3 round mock draft

PENNDOLPHAN

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Miami dolphins trade their number one overall pick and Matt Roth or vonnie holliday(prefer Matt Roth) to the Bengals for their first round pick, their second round pick, Chad Johnson, and 2009 2 round pick.
OK i begin with the miami dolphins trades for our number one overall pick. since there are some MAJOR rumors about chad johnson wanting to come to miami i figured y not trade our number one overall pick to them.

2008 Draft

1 round-MLB Dan Connor(this is 9 overall)
2a-TE Fred Davis
2b-WR Adrius Bowman(bengals pick)
2c-DT Red Bryant(Chargers pick)
3-DT Trevor laws

Free agent aquistions

CB-Marcus Trufant(i would go with namdi asmougha from oakland but im pretty sure hes gonna stay with oakland)

RT-Jordan Gross

NT-Isaac Sopoaga

Also, the miami dolphins would trade their 4 round pick and a player to the lions for Shaun Rogers.

2008 DEPTH CHART

QB-John Beck-Trent Green-Cleo Lemon(or a better veteran starter)
RB-Ronnie Brown-Jesse Chatman-Lorenzo booker-Ricky Williams(cause we have to)
FB-Reaguan Mauia
WR-Chad Johnson-Ted Ginn Jr.-Adrius Bowman-Derek Hagan-Greg Camarillo
TE-Fred Davis-Justin Peele
LT-vernon carey
LG-Rex Hadnot
C-Samson Satele
RG-L.J Shelton
RT-Jordan Gross

DE-Vonnie Holliday-Rodrique Right
NT-Shaun Rogers-Isaac sopoaga
DE-Red Bryant-trever law

OLB-Jason Taylor-Quentin Moses
MLB-Zach Thomas-Dan Connor
ILB-Channing Crowder
OLB-Joey Porter-Abe Wright

CB-Marcus Trufant-Micheal Lehan
CB-Will allen-Andre goodman
SS-Yeremiah Bell-renaldo hill-travares tillman
FS-Jason Allen-Lance Shulters

KR-Lorenzo booker
PR-lorenzo Booker
K-jay feely
P- i really dont care

just to let u guys know i released marty booker and david martin to make room for more cap

tell me wat u think and how realistic this offseason can b THANX

cause we can have depth and younger players on our D-Line

trufant isnt going anywhere as the seahawks are working getting him signed long term and if they cant, i believe they will use the franchise tag. I havent heard much about gross either way but if he gets free, def would want to see him here. not a big fan of bowman that early. Laws i dont believe fits this defense because i believe he is more suited for the 4-3. connor is a nice pick but i think we could do better at 9.

The guy that I really hope the Dolphins get above all is Trevor Laws 3-4 DE from ND. He absolutely dominated in college by having over 100 tackles. That is beyond unheard of from a 3-4 DE. He was the second best at the Senior Bowl (behind Sedrick Ellis). And the best part about him is he is still underrated because he played for a very bad ND team. There is a very good chance that he is available at the third round.

As for the rest of your draft: I would prefer a cornerback over Adarius Bowman. I like the trade with the Bengals a lot, and I guess it is possible if they fall in love with Ellis or McFadden or whomever. I am not a fan of Shaun Rodgers, the guy has all the talent in the world but he continuously takes plays off. Finally, I think it might be a little bit of a reach getting Dan Connor at number 9, and he is a little small to play MLB in the 3-4, would prefer a guy like Ryan Clady.

The guy that I really hope the Dolphins get above all is Trevor Laws 3-4 DE from ND. He absolutely dominated in college by having over 100 tackles. That is beyond unheard of from a 3-4 DE. He was the second best at the Senior Bowl (behind Sedrick Ellis). And the best part about him is he is still underrated because he played for a very bad ND team. There is a very good chance that he is available at the third round.

As for the rest of your draft: I would prefer a cornerback over Adarius Bowman. I like the trade with the Bengals a lot, and I guess it is possible if they fall in love with Ellis or McFadden or whomever. I am not a fan of Shaun Rodgers, the guy has all the talent in the world but he continuously takes plays off. Finally, I think it might be a little bit of a reach getting Dan Connor at number 9, and he is a little small to play MLB in the 3-4, would prefer a guy like Ryan Clady.

Trevor LAws is a DT but if we drafted him he'd play DE. in college he played DT. so his college stats wouldnt mean anything

Trevor LAws is a DT but if we drafted him he'd play DE. in college he played DT. so his college stats wouldnt mean anything

Very much agree:up:

Laws remind me ALOT of Kenny Mixon. Not gonna be a star, but could be a huge upgrade at LDE from Roth.

Would love to pick this guy up with our 5th round pick...ohhh wait a minute....:lol:

Here's an ideal scenario...

-We trade down with Dallas for Their top 3, Marion Barber and Bobby Carpenter (he's a good ST player and L
cool-1.gif

-We trade that 2nd rounder from Dallas to Cinci for CJ
-Sign UFA Max Starks OL from Pittsburg

#22-Fred Davis TE :winkwink:
#28 Antoine Cason DB :wink:
#32 Derrick Harvey LB :lol: HE COULD DROP
#57 Red Bryant NT :hi5: BIG RED
#59 traded for 85 CHAD JOHNSON :sidelol:
#64 Barry Richardson T:unsure:
#96 Geno Hayes LB:up:

Here's an ideal scenario...

-We trade down with Dallas for Their top 3, Marion Barber and Bobby Carpenter (he's a good ST player and L
cool-1.gif

-We trade that 2nd rounder from Dallas to Cinci for CJ
-Sign UFA Max Starks OL from Pittsburg

#22-Fred Davis TE :winkwink:
#28 Antoine Cason DB :wink:
#32 Derrick Harvey LB :lol: HE COULD DROP
#57 Red Bryant NT :hi5: BIG RED
#59 traded for 85 CHAD JOHNSON :sidelol:
#64 Barry Richardson T:unsure:
#96 Geno Hayes LB:up:

Please stop populating threads with identical posts

Thanks

Ocho Cinco will look nice in aqua and white rather than the tomato uniforms he has had to wear in Cincy. :woot:

I think that we will get Ken Hamlin and Flozell Adams in FA at least i hope so

Miami dolphins trade their number one overall pick and Matt Roth or vonnie holliday(prefer Matt Roth) to the Bengals for their first round pick, their second round pick, Chad Johnson, and 2009 2 round pick.
OK i begin with the miami dolphins trades for our number one overall pick. since there are some MAJOR rumors about chad johnson wanting to come to miami i figured y not trade our number one overall pick to them.

2008 Draft

1 round-MLB Dan Connor(this is 9 overall)
2a-TE Fred Davis
2b-WR Adrius Bowman(bengals pick)
2c-DT Red Bryant(Chargers pick)
3-DT Trevor laws

Free agent aquistions

CB-Marcus Trufant(i would go with namdi asmougha from oakland but im pretty sure hes gonna stay with oakland)

RT-Jordan Gross

NT-Isaac Sopoaga

Also, the miami dolphins would trade their 4 round pick and a player to the lions for Shaun Rogers.

2008 DEPTH CHART

QB-John Beck-Trent Green-Cleo Lemon(or a better veteran starter)
RB-Ronnie Brown-Jesse Chatman-Lorenzo booker-Ricky Williams(cause we have to)
FB-Reaguan Mauia
WR-Chad Johnson-Ted Ginn Jr.-Adrius Bowman-Derek Hagan-Greg Camarillo
TE-Fred Davis-Justin Peele
LT-vernon carey
LG-Rex Hadnot
C-Samson Satele
RG-L.J Shelton
RT-Jordan Gross

DE-Vonnie Holliday-Rodrique Right
NT-Shaun Rogers-Isaac sopoaga
DE-Red Bryant-trever law

OLB-Jason Taylor-Quentin Moses
MLB-Zach Thomas-Dan Connor
ILB-Channing Crowder
OLB-Joey Porter-Abe Wright

CB-Marcus Trufant-Micheal Lehan
CB-Will allen-Andre goodman
SS-Yeremiah Bell-renaldo hill-travares tillman
FS-Jason Allen-Lance Shulters

KR-Lorenzo booker
PR-lorenzo Booker
K-jay feely
P- i really dont care

just to let u guys know i released marty booker and david martin to make room for more cap

tell me wat u think and how realistic this offseason can b THANX

y isnt Ted Ginn returning kick and punts?

Back
Top Bottom