** 2008 NBA Western Conference Playoffs ** | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

** 2008 NBA Western Conference Playoffs **

You don't find it at all odd that you refer to yourself as part of the team?

Hmmm...

Well, you weren't talking to me (...butts in...) but perhaps I could shed a little light on the topic.

See, for most fans of any particular team, there is an emotional investment involved. When that occurs, we (the fans) tend to feel an attachment, or ownership to/of that team's fate. Thus, we (the fans) refer to we (the team)

Personally, I kinda find it odd that an explaination should be necessary to a "fan"

Grrr...

Sheesh, why can't we seem to hold a halftime lead an the road vs. the Hornets???

Now we have to win Game 6 and then find a way to beat these SOB's in their house.

It can be done, we just need to get the hell out there and do it!

GO SPURS GO!

Yes!!We can still do it...Tim needs to show up in NO:up:Handle business Thurs and do it one more time.

Believe

Hmmm...

Well, you weren't talking to me (...butts in...) but perhaps I could shed a little light on the topic.

See, for most fans of any particular team, there is an emotional investment involved. When that occurs, we (the fans) tend to feel an attachment, or ownership to/of that team's fate. Thus, we (the fans) refer to we (the team)

Personally, I kinda find it odd that an explaination should be necessary to a "fan"

Just sounds like Ferrett just felt like resorting to 3rd grade antics. No problem though

Game 6 is in the books - another big win for the home team.:up:

This trend will change in Game 7!!!

'Tis time for the Spurs to show their championship mettle!

GO SPURS GO!

"You guys see how easy it is to get into these chumps heads?!!"

"Shux,I guess they gonna start calling me for pushing off and traveling now,Oh what will I do now"....

"That sux,we aint winnin nuthin this year are we".The champs are just too much!

"I love you dreday!!!"

Horry Horry Horry Horry Horry!!!!

:hi5:

so um i just got home and saw that the mormons were losing :( , oh well. and on a side note i cant ****ing stand sasha bouyachich

Here we go again. Buffalo hasn't won dick, ever.

Period.

afl championships

by your own logic those are as relevant as miami's superbowl wins or the laker's championships since they're all in the past. :up:

also by your own logic, we've owned you recently so buffalo >>> miami.

:up:

Period.

edit: and i dont wanna turn this into buffalo vs miami, i just think its funny how you fall on those arguments but if we were talking about the nfl you'd have the exact opposite stance.

afl championships

by your own logic those are as relevant as miami's superbowl wins or the laker's championships since they're all in the past. :up:

Period.

edit: and i dont wanna turn this into buffalo vs miami, i just think its funny how you fall on those arguments but if we were talking about the nfl you'd have the exact opposite stance.

Well man the Dolphins haven't done **** in years now and I won't deny that. I'm still a fan though.

But when other teams fans try and talk **** when they've never done anything themselves, it's just a funny irony.

afl championships

Period.

Also man I'd rather go 7-9 like Buffalo did then 1-15 like the Phins. And that's the thing man, every sport really is a "What have you done for me now" these days.

A team wins a title 5 years ago. Is that title still relevant? Not usually. It's hilarious actually b/c I'm 100% content with the Spurs for life b/c of what they've accomplished. I could easily brush off losing to the Hornets and refer back to the past and bask in the glory of what's already happened.

I still want to win though and will actually get PO'd if they don't win.

It's all a hypocrisy :lol:

Well for some reason that will forever mystify me. That people will tie their emotional state to the performance of a group of entertainers....bask in the reflected glory simply by declaring themselves a fan.... You don't find that at all strange?

Well for some reason that will forever mystify me. That people will tie their emotional state to the performance of a group of entertainers....bask in the reflected glory simply by declaring themselves a fan.... You don't find that at all strange?

:lol:
Not at all, brother. Not at all.

Spurs tonight. Time to show the Hornets what we're (that's for you ferret:)) made of!

The quest for 5 continues.

GO SPURS GO!

Life in itself is strange. Nothing can be explained without it being strange. Sports are no different. I mean just look at the Depths, or go to other websites and see all the smack talking that goes on forever.

It doesn't really matter if a team wins or loses, the emotional aspect from the fanbase is what keeps sports going.

Back
Top Bottom