2009-2010 Miami Heat Thread: Race to the Finish | Page 41 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2009-2010 Miami Heat Thread: Race to the Finish

Riley will try his best, and I believe Wade will recruit as well. But there's no guarantee. They both tried their best with Finley, Mo Williams, Sessions, and Odom, but all either went for the bigger paycheck or better opportunity. This time there is a level playing field when it comes to money, so you just hope the opportunity to play with Wade and south beach is appealing enough, since there's really nothing else.

I can only hope and pray lol...I really would be depressed if Wade left Miami. He wouldn't look right in another uniform and watching a Heat game without him wouldn't be normal. I have to admit that Wade has spoiled me in watching Heat games. I always look foward to watch every Heat game to see him.

We should come up with like a letter and have it signed by a ton of people to send to Riley and the Heat , kind of like that petition that KuD put up. lol

Riley: No foreign players for the Heat

Pat Riley explained something that's been mystifying to me: Why doesn't the Heat ever invest in a foreign player?
Here's what he said:

"We haven't (one of significance) even though (scout) Adam Simons spends a lot of time in Europe,'' he said. "We have a lot of contacts in Europe. And while we have looked very closely at European players, foreign players, one of them that came across my desk, three, four, five years ago was (Andres) Nocioni, I probably missed on. I'll be very honest with you, "I like the homegrown product, I just do. I feel comfortable with it. And maybe somewhere in free agency or via some trades, we may have missed somewhere along the line, but I just felt I just like the players here. That's where I've gone. I not saying that we're not going to ever draft a foreign player or sign one, but it hasn't been at the top of our priority list."

http://weblogs.sun-sentinel.com/spo...aveHyde-blog+(Dave+Hyde+|+Sun+Sentinel+blogs)

Back
Top Bottom