2009 FinHeaven Draft. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2009 FinHeaven Draft.

Just wanted to report that the GM for the Atlanta Falcons is here.
I'll be running in and out of the room with my computer, because I'm cooking up some dinner

MMMMMM Chicken Cutlets.

Ok. The Detroit Kitt..er..Lions are pleased to announce that we've come to terms with our first pick in the draft, Matthew Stafford, the QB from Georgia.

At this point, we felt that Matt could give us our best success going forward and would be a cornerstone of our franchise for years to come.

Throughout his fabled college career at the University of Georgia, Matthew exhibited the traits that make great players at his position. He showed leadership, tenacity, determination, and a will to win, which is something that we're obviously in need of at this point in the franchise's crossroads.

We've given him a 5-year, $65 million dollar contract, with $35 million of that being guaranteed.

At this, I CedarPhin, President of the Lions, is proud to announce Matthew Stafford as the newest Detroit Lion.

(applause)

Thank you.

Just to wonder... who else were on the top of the Lions draft board?

You have to wait until 7.

I agreed to terms with Stafford, that's why I'm announcing it early.

At 7, I announce my pick officially, and you are on the clock.

I think that's how it works anyway.

Just to wonder... who else were on the top of the Lions draft board?
Crabtree
Eugene Monroe
Mark Sanchez
Andre Smith
Aaron Curry

Being that we've got a pick at the lower half of the 1st, we felt that we could fill a need at OT/WR/LB then.

Stafford was a guy we didn't want to miss out on.

The Lions need a whole new identity. Which starts with a franchise QB.

Personally I am not too sure about Stafford, but scouts do rate him up there, and they gotta know something right?

Back
Top Bottom